Liam Knight?

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look if the reports are true that Mariner is bitching and complaining and being a shit influence in the squad then he has to go ASAP, and play as little until then as possible. I like the signing of Knight. He’s big and good depth, both things we desperately need.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
South’s have the opposite problem to us. They are stacked with middles. Needing to cull.

People need to understand he is a minimum wage signing. We need players to fill the top 30. Currently he walks straight into our team. Because our current powder puffs cannot do the job.

Hopefully we sign some quality middles before next season and then Knight will need to prove he is good enough to get picked.

He is a minimum wage signing people get behind him.
Might have been a bit harsh. Lets give him a chance, hearing its just a one year deal has calmed me down a bit. Also don't see why it would prevent us signing Sele etc. Knight is basically the same size and weight as Lindsey Collins and like Collins is about a year after an acl, hopefully has recovered with a bit more time he can play a bit like Lindsey. Hopefully more signings incoming.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Maybe coming to our club is not the smartest idea..it is enough to drive you to drink...
Manly prop Liam Knight sprayed Aerogard in his mouth after being arrested for drink driving
During nine hours he'd knocked back nine beers and three vodka, lime and soda mixed drinks, eventually blowing .176 when breath tested, Manly Local Court heard.
That's right
So we got the other bloke that wanted to harge his iPhone in the microwave too haha. Fuck me

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL or ESL the his salary is still cap. Say he two at 200k anyone we still have to pay 300k a year out of our salary cap.

We can hope West tiger or st George can come in with offer.
Unless that has changed this year? That isn’t the case.

Every club that signs a player must ensure that player gets all the money they agreed to. That is just called a contract whether it be a sporting or business contract.

If a player is signed for $500k per year and they still have two years to run on their contract. If they go to another NRL club for $300k per year the original club needs to pay the $200k difference each year. Which also comes out of their cap.

If a player goes to the ESL on a deal of $300k the club must pay the $200k difference for two years. But that figure does not go against that team on the cap.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t make the NRL side when Souths lost their players to Origin

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good luck to him. I've had enough of being outmuscled in the forwards

He is a big body, get's a chance, and he is available THIS weekend.

I'm hoping both Knight and Hughes are in the 17 this week and they both grab the chance

Let's see how he goes first before we crucify him