Opinion Lewis is a liability

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree . His defence is outstanding because it relies on less complex team work but his attack relies on players with similar speed, vision and confidence that he's leading with which is letting him down.
In a way its still his problem... He needs to find a way to communicate better. Its been evident in his game since reggies.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All I know is if this was a panthers forum Nathan Cleary would have been shown the door with Gould.
Cleary not playing well either but he is a way more complete player than Lewis.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis - Straightens the defence, has a "deft" passing game, takes the line on, direct the play

Brett Kimmorley - Did fuck all while at the Bulldogs

And here I was thinking that Souths fans were fucked...
Watch this space...kimmorley could be our next coach very tight with opes

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In a way its still his problem... He needs to find a way to communicate better. Its been evident in his game since reggies.
Yes, more set play training . It just seems like okenbor isn't concentrating

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, more set play training . It just seems like okenbor isn't concentrating
Hard though... Lewis just seems to play it as he sees it... Only way the kid will succeed is around those that understand his brand. Holland and Okunbor are a dead set rubbish combination... Fcuk Pay for persisting with it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
BK was at least half decent. Lewis is more rocks than diamonds
BK had it all over Lewis, not even a contest. Last season Lewis was extremely composed, provided a solid kicking game and moved the ball to where the space was, but he was never this ball playing/runner, game managing half that some people on here seem to think he is. If he was we wouldn't be dead last lol.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I liked it better when you were on a break
Don’t bait him man. Nabs is good value bro! He sees things better than a lot of us on here. Just because he doesn’t sugar coat stuff doesn’t give anyone a reason not to like him!

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't get it... Against the storm we played some of the best attacking ab-lib football in years. Off loads, backing up, structured football. Same players!!!! WTF happened these last few weeks the backs turned to shits.

I mean it's a young spine we have but FMD we should be improving not getting worse.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
BK had it all over Lewis, not even a contest. Last season Lewis was extremely composed, provided a solid kicking game and moved the ball to where the space was, but he was never this ball playing/runner, game managing half that some people on here seem to think he is. If he was we wouldn't be dead last lol.
So isnt it time to lay blame at the feet of some of the coaching staff? If Lewis has changed his style since last year? Or is it 2nd year syndrome? Didnt we get Shifty in pre season to run with the halves? Or is Lewis simply lost without Foran? Define Lewis's role. Make it simple for him as he continues to learn how to play half week to week in the NRL. BTW...how are Cleary and Maloney travelling this season? The incumbent state halves dont look any better than Lewis ATM.
So lets lay off the kid and offer constructive suggestions. He has good pedigree and puts in good effort so he definately can be worked on to improve his play.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at the Lewis fanboys. Take your Lewis love heart glassess off next time you watch our games. The guy can not attack. Who gives a fuck if his the best defensive half in the game. Because his the worst attacking halfback in the game. The second worst isnt even close. Question to the fanboys. Name a worst hb in the nrl? Because I can't find one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So isnt it time to lay blame at the feet of some of the coaching staff? If Lewis has changed his style since last year? Or is it 2nd year syndrome? Didnt we get Shifty in pre season to run with the halves? Or is Lewis simply lost without Foran? Define Lewis's role. Make it simple for him as he continues to learn how to play half week to week in the NRL. BTW...how are Cleary and Maloney travelling this season? The incumbent state halves dont look any better than Lewis ATM.
So lets lay off the kid and offer constructive suggestions. He has good pedigree and puts in good effort so he definately can be worked on to improve his play.
You mustn't read a lot of my posts, I defenitely blame the coach for a lot of things lol. Point on Lewis is that he has always had a very limited game as a half and lacked the skillset required, been this way for years. He needed to improve on a lot of things and so far he hasn't and looks highly unlikely to ever do so.

What he did when he was promoted to first grade was massive, but he came into a team with no pressure and his confidence and composure was that of a 300 game veteran, it just wasn't sustainable. He was easily our best option at the time but I still had massive doubts over his long-term future as a half.

I don't really care about Penrith and their issues, Maloney is coming to the end of his career and doesn't last long at clubs while Cleary is literally playing under his dad an I find that absolutely ridiculous. But if you want to know the difference between Cleary and Lewis then it's skillset. Lewis just doesn't have it and has to make up the gap, and unfortunately for him we happen to have better options available so he can go back down to reserves and work on things there.