Lewis Bandwagon

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I am using up my 1 obligatory post (like a “you have one phone call” situation) I put up each year to officially announce that I WILL NOT be abandoning his bandwagon, not now, not ever. This kid is still the star we need, even if it’s not be the star we deserve. He sure as shit wasn’t great today, but geez did he have glimps of an early Andrew Johns. No amount of “overrated hack” comments from a couple of dribblers will turn me off the kid that can and should lead us to the promise land.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s going to be a top player don’t worry what other people say . I would even piss of Foran and replace him with JMK for the next two years and let them build something special.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is he heaped a lot of pressure on himself talking to the media, and taking on the role of leading the team around to try and take load off Foran.

All it did is heap more load on him and made him less productive out there today.

I'm putting today down as a complete misfire though... one of those "shit of a day" games where the plane remains grounded and never takes off.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will never give up on the prince !!! He will be the star of the show.. he is the goods !! Gotta love him.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to be careful about managing his development and allowing him to quietly go away and work on his game. Eddie Jones, England rugby coach, had some interesting things to say about this yesterday in relation to their big winger Joe Cokanasiga who got man of the match against Italy last week and is a star in the making but who he dropped from the match vs Scotland this weekend for his own good.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/rugby-union/47568562

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
He has played 8 fg games .
Let’s give the kid a chance

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People are writing him off? Dicks. He'll be fine. Just give the team time to gel a little more and we'll surprise a few people, including a number of wallys on here ...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and taking on the role of leading the team around to try and take load off Foran.
I’ve never understood how Foran gets a pass by so many on here. He’s the million dollar half that we have yet he does sweet fuck all when he’s on the ground and never leads this team in the games he’s actually played. He has always left it to the minimum wage guy to lead the team around the park Frawley , JMK and now Lewis. He’s a fucking disgrace living out his retirement days in the blue and white.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is he heaped a lot of pressure on himself talking to the media, and taking on the role of leading the team around to try and take load off Foran.

All it did is heap more load on him and made him less productive out there today.

I'm putting today down as a complete misfire though... one of those "shit of a day" games where the plane remains grounded and never takes off.
Is it his fault or pays .

Firstly Lewis should have the number 6 jumper , Foran should have 7 and be the one leading the team around . He actually played well those games at 7 at the eels till he got injured and led the team around .

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis is young and should be at 6 not the 7. Just needs to be second receiver and takes kicks where necessary. Like to see him run more.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really hard for any half be it Sterling, Cronk, Johns or Joe Blow from some bush team if his forward pack aren’t getting field position and rolled through the middle as our pack was yesterday. He played ok but our pack looked shot after 20min. Service from dummy half is still slow in my opinion and our hooker is not a Damien Cook or Cameron Smith type who makes the defence think (Lichaa is not threatening to teams)

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as i said, its ok to play good in rubbish games at the end of the season, now is the real test

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was bound to have a game like this sooner or later. The forwards were completely dominated so he was on the back foot from the get go. Games like yesterday can happen the thing I really didn’t like was passing to players in a worst position on the 5th when he should have been taking a kick. Anyway he has a chance to bounce back next week let’s see how he goes.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s trying way too hard, a couple of his decisions at the back end we’re a bit puzzling.

The concern is how absent Foran was, particularly the 2nd half, which put too much pressure on Lewis to come up with the big play...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The kid can't take sole blame from yesterday .. whilst I agree forward go forward helps halves out .. shit 5th tackle options kill any possibility of forwards momentum.... So you can blame the forwards , but a great half would take the game by the scruff of the neck and try and wrestle back field position and momentum.. Foran is more to blame then Lewis..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We need a veteran hooker. One who can get his forwards on the ball and play at the advantage line. Has to start there for anything to change. Lichaa is a runner shit one at that but you can't teach the trade to get your forwards rolling. You have or you don't.

Last edited:

Dogsup

Waterboy
Reaction score
FFS it's round 1 we were flat, we had a bad day. You guys are over thinking.lets just give this team a few weeks and then judge. Lewis is young kid doing his apprenticeship. Give this guy a break. He will be fantastic in due time. Stop the freaken nagging!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was the only one that had a crack in the end.

Honestly this team needs to grow some ticker, because we're an embarrassment to the standard of the competition at the moment.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be a superstar. Everyone’s entitled to an off day. He wasn’t particularly good with the boot but it’s his first full game back for 5 months and out forwards just weren’t going forward which made his job almost impossible. He tried all day and defended to a standstill. Even though we got smashed yesterday I still saw glimpses of a super star.