Lewis > Averillo and Flanagan

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh my God! Are you serious? Burton IS the ONE and ONLY running half in the side. Have you not been watching his devastating left foot step leaving people clutching at thin air? Why the fuckk would you want that guy not running? He needs to play what he sees in front of him and we need a proper 7 to direct traffic. That’s it.
Imagine Canberra having Wighton at 7 and another Wighton at 6? Who’s directing play and who’s off the cuff playing what is in front of them? Wouldn’t work mate. That’s why a Pearce or Cronk or George Williams are good players. They take the line on a small amount but generally they organise the forwards direct play. Get to the kicks. You know steer the boys round the park.
We've got a Ferrari (Burton) in the garage and you want to just turn the engine on on the weekends and not even take it for a drive.

When Burton plays in the halves for Penrith(when cleary is missing) he does all the kicking.

When Burton plays in the halves for Penrith(when cleary is missing) he isn't always running.

Munster and Hughes work in unison together and steer the side together and they're both running halves.

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
If you listen to Gus’s latest Podcast, he seems to be a fan of Dufty! Said when Dufty plays you’re going to get points.
You're also going to bleed points to the opposite team because his D is shit house.

Plus he's a rat that blows up at his team-mates far too much, crazy though considering he makes way more mistakes than them.

Reminds me of Bitchell Moses.

Hope he proves me wrong, don't see it happening......

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've got a Ferrari (Burton) in the garage and you want to just turn the engine on on the weekends and not even take it for a drive.

When Burton plays in the halves for Penrith(when cleary is missing) he does all the kicking.

When Burton plays in the halves for Penrith(when cleary is missing) he isn't always running.

Munster and Hughes work in unison together and steer the side together and they're both running halves.
Melbourne are a different style all together. Not one team can imitate their style. Look at Souffs Reynolds and Walker
Canberra the same
Roosters
Penrith with Cleary
All the top teams bar Melbourne have a runner and organiser. Yes works for Melbourne but let’s be real Munster and Hughes are international players. Look I could be wrong and it could work. BUT in order for that to work Averillo should’ve been taking the line on more this year. He should’ve shown that he can be the Jerome Hughes style halfback but he hasn’t and it’s a shame he does have speed and footwork. I hope he proves us all wrong but for the sample size we’ve seen he’s not Jerome Hughes. I still think he’s a fullback or bulk up and go in the centre’s.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Amazing how everyone wants 2 runnings halves like Melbourne, I’m not sure if anyone has realised but our squad is not really like Melbourne’s.

So easy to have running halves when you have genuine threats across the park, players who are all capable at executing in every position and have been playing a certain system for years.

The runs behind the line and multiple decoys have been happening for years (similar plays to what Qld ran in their glory years), quality players plus adapting to a tried and tested system makes that so much easier.

Sadly this is not us, even next year with more quality it won’t be us.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're also going to bleed points to the opposite team because his D is shit house.

Plus he's a rat that blows up at his team-mates far too much, crazy though considering he makes way more mistakes than them.

Reminds me of Bitchell Moses.

Hope he proves me wrong, don't see it happening......
Yeah, I’m not disputing that just quoting what Gus said and I’d say he knows a little more than you and I put together...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you reckon so then let’s have a friendly wager on it? Lewis will be signed by an NRL or ESL club for 2022 if he’s not here. The other blokes I offered the same bet to went MIA but hopefully you’re a man of your convictions and will have a crack.
someone will take him on base money, not what he is on now. He wont be re signed here

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Changed your tune
no i said no one was interested in him, which is true, didnt mention super league. But he wouldnt make there, they like attacking players he cant run to save his life.
Come when teams are looking at filling bottom spots on base money he may get a run somewhere, but currently he is not on anyones radar.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
no i said no one was interested in him, which is true, didnt mention super league. But he wouldnt make there, they like attacking players he cant run to save his life.
Come when teams are looking at filling bottom spots on base money he may get a run somewhere, but currently he is not on anyones radar.
If that’s the case then take my bet on then. Name a price. Free money for you by the way you’ve painted the landscape

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If that’s the case then take my bet on then. Name a price. Free money for you by the way you’ve painted the landscape
the market as you know, and i am close friends with a few player managers, is whatever a club is willing to pay for a player. I dont think he is worth anything more than the base wage. my mail from those contacts is he is trying to still get $350k plus.
I dont see it happening.
i give you a scenario, what if one team has there half go down with a ACL preseason, supply and demand as you know.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
BRICK WALL
What are you 12? You sound like a soft
And how many times do I need to explain why he isn't running? It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.
do you seriously think Barrett tells him not to run? He doesn’t have the brains to make plays therefore he doesn’t attempt them.. fucking wake up … Your definitely a millennial.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
the market as you know, and i am close friends with a few player managers, is whatever a club is willing to pay for a player. I dont think he is worth anything more than the base wage. my mail from those contacts is he is trying to still get $350k plus.
I dont see it happening.
i give you a scenario, what if one team has there half go down with a ACL preseason, supply and demand as you know.
I’m saying he’ll get a contract regardless of those scenarios.

So if you wanna proceed with the bet then I’d be happy to allow for a caveat that the bet be null and void should he only get the contract in the circumstance of after a team loses a half to serious injury in pre-season.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m saying he’ll get a contract regardless of those scenarios.

So if you wanna proceed with the bet then I’d be happy to allow for a caveat that the bet be null and void should he only get the contract in the circumstance of after a team loses a half to serious injury in pre-season.
You seem to know some inside info

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This year Lewis should be our starting half, next year, if we can’t pick up anyone, they will likely go with Avo though I think they need to scour the ends of the earth to find an experienced half.

On the other side of the coin, there’s BBO but he’s been more promising at 9 than in 6 or 7.

The halves on the open market from what I’ve seen aren’t that crash hot…Benji, Matt Frawley, Sam Williams, Sean Sullivan, Tanah Boyd, Ash Taylor, Riley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Phoenix Crossland, Jordan Rankin, Tyrone May, Jaemon Salmon, Troy Dargan, Dean Hawkins, Corey Norman.

Then youve got teams like the Tigers potentially looking to offload Brooks, Warriors shafting Nikorima and rumours Knights may try and offload Pearce.

My take is go for an experienced half to help be that steady rock and influence for Burton. I’d take any one of Benji, Nikorima, Brooks, Pearce..maybe Norman assuming they all come relatively cheap or some freight is payed. From the younger blokes, Tanah Boyd could offer something, but there’s not much out there not already snapped up.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne are a different style all together. Not one team can imitate their style. Look at Souffs Reynolds and Walker
Canberra the same
Roosters
Penrith with Cleary
All the top teams bar Melbourne have a runner and organiser. Yes works for Melbourne but let’s be real Munster and Hughes are international players. Look I could be wrong and it could work. BUT in order for that to work Averillo should’ve been taking the line on more this year. He should’ve shown that he can be the Jerome Hughes style halfback but he hasn’t and it’s a shame he does have speed and footwork. I hope he proves us all wrong but for the sample size we’ve seen he’s not Jerome Hughes. I still think he’s a fullback or bulk up and go in the centre’s.
Jake is 20 years old, has been thrust into 1st grade with literally a handfuls of reserve grade games and IMO he did a lot better than what could be expected of chucking in a 19 year old (at the time) into the deep end because we were so lacking in quality.

Jake make not be the answer and we will go to market to get another half but in the meantime lewis is not the answer and it's time we cut ties with the deadwood. The 350k lewis is on could potentially be the difference of us upgrading Burton's contract and keeping him to losing him to another clubs better deal.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazing how everyone wants 2 runnings halves like Melbourne, I’m not sure if anyone has realised but our squad is not really like Melbourne’s.

So easy to have running halves when you have genuine threats across the park, players who are all capable at executing in every position and have been playing a certain system for years.

The runs behind the line and multiple decoys have been happening for years (similar plays to what Qld ran in their glory years), quality players plus adapting to a tried and tested system makes that so much easier.

Sadly this is not us, even next year with more quality it won’t be us.
So did Melbourne click into gear from day 1?

Didn't Munster have a learning curve? What about Hughes, he had a learning curve?

They all had learning curves, the way some of you are speaking you're expecting a premiership next year.

We've assembled a brand new squad, they're going to need next season to gel. Burton will have his first full year as a 1st grade half, they're all on learning curves ffs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
someone will take him on base money, not what he is on now. He wont be re signed here
Spot on mate. He's purposely changing the context of the point.

Lewis may get another contract but he will be nothing more than a backup half for any nrl team. Even Brad abbey has a contract ffs