Lewis > Averillo and Flanagan

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Come on Steve, it’s no secret that you’re no fan of Lewis but you have to give credit when it’s due - he was our best on ground last night, and without the field position we were able to wrangle on the back of his long kicking, and without a bit of variation in his attacking kicks - we would’ve been beaten by 20+ last night.

The particular kick in question is probably a 9/10 level of difficulty to execute. Nightmare for wingers as it’s travelling at pace and curls away from the defending winger and towards the attacking winger. At the end of the day it was a good varied attacking kick which got us a result. And you blokes wanna complain because it was a couple of metres too deep for your liking. Come on mate.
You can not have halves who do not take the line on. We have not won a game all year with lewis.
he has 1 line break assist this year.
We can not move forward with either player, they simply are not first grade players.
I said it weeks ago, if we had foran playing 7 we win another 5 or 6 games, maybe more.
He takes the line on, he creates opportunities, lewis has never done this and never will.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You can not have halves who do not take the line on. We have not won a game all year with lewis.
We can not move forward with either player, they simply are not first grade players.
I said it weeks ago, if we had foran playing 7 we win another 5 or 6 games, maybe more.
He takes the line on, he creates opportunities, lewis has never done this and never will.
He’s only played 4 full games (injured/concussed inside the first 20 mins of the other 2) this year but you’ve conveniently overlooked that he scored 2 try’s of his own and has 4 try assists within those 4 games. Kicking game was strong and we were far more competitive overall.

Although a small sample size, it still puts him at a higher average of try’s and try assists per game than every other half we’ve tried this year. This is why there’s a strong argument that he should’ve remained as half this year when available, and should’ve been retained for at least depth purposes going forward.

As for Foran - there’s no statistical evidence to support that we’d have won another 5 or 6 games this year if we had him. We won 2 from 14 of the games he played last year. One of our worst signings in history.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s only played 4 full games (injured/concussed inside the first 20 mins of the other 2) this year but you’ve conveniently overlooked that he scored 2 try’s of his own and has 4 try assists within those 4 games. Kicking game was strong and we were far more competitive overall.

Although a small sample size, it still puts him at a higher average of try’s and try assists per game than every other half we’ve tried this year. This is why there’s a strong argument that he should’ve remained as half this year when available, and should’ve been retained for at least depth purposes going forward.

As for Foran - there’s no statistical evidence to support that we’d have won another 5 or 6 games this year if we had him. We won 2 from 14 of the games he played last year. One of our worst signings in history.
Anyway, thankfully the coaching staff and gus agree that he is no longer wanted and he hasnt stepped up nor is he good enough.
In todays game you need to run and take the line on. Actually in any year the game has been played and he fails to do that. Anything he has done has come from his pop gun kicks
Interesting no other club wants him, leave it there.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Beg to differ. Some cow shit is mightily powerful when mixed with duck shit
I can’t believe people on here defending lewis.
He had zero runs, line breaks, line break assists? He did 1 good kick and one lucky kick, wouldn’t make roosters massey cup team

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, thankfully the coaching staff and gus agree that he is no longer wanted and he hasnt stepped up nor is he good enough.
In todays game you need to run and take the line on. Actually in any year the game has been played and he fails to do that. Anything he has done has come from his pop gun kicks
Interesting no other club wants him, leave it there.
Let’s just hope Gus isn’t stupid and sticks with the Avocado for 7 next year or we will be embarrassed. Except next year we have the cattle and there will be no excuses.
For my curiosity - who out of what we have would you play next to Burton?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Cuz I’m hearing ya. I really am. But for what we got you think Averillo deserves to be 7 next year. Tell me Lewis doesn’t get the go ahead simply on kicking and defence alone. Gus isn’t stupid. He knows
What does Averillo do? If Lewis has a better kicking game and defence that’s 2-0 to Lewis… as sad as that sounds.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Takes the line on? Takes opportunities? To what? Kick it dead or down the fullbacks throat?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What does Averillo do? If Lewis has a better kicking game and defence that’s 2-0 to Lewis… as sad as that sounds.
Pace and goal kicking
2-2

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let’s just hope Gus isn’t stupid and sticks with the Avocado for 7 next year or we will be embarrassed. Except next year we have the cattle and there will be no excuses.
For my curiosity - who out of what we have would you play next to Burton?
I said it in another post, TB has to change his game plan. We dont have cleary and it is unfair to have a young 7 play that way.
Burton is a running 6 like Munster and Averilo is a running 7 like hughes. That is the style i would be playing and we know it is successful.
Burton would take the majority of the kicking, averilo needs a good pre season on skill development. The positive that averilo has is that he has pace and takes the line on. We need to coach to the strengths of the team and not how TB wants the team. All the good coaches so that so over to you TB

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, running threat. But it's like going in circles with you fucking dinosaurs on here.
I agree he’s a running threat. BUT he doesn’t do it. Not near enough if that’s gonna be your argument. Should be making in excess of 100m a game. Not good enough

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it in another post, TB has to change his game plan. We dont have cleary and it is unfair to have a young 7 play that way.
Burton is a running 6 like Munster and Averilo is a running 7 like hughes. That is the style i would be playing and we know it is successful.
Burton would take the majority of the kicking, averilo needs a good pre season on skill development. The positive that averilo has is that he has pace and takes the line on. We need to coach to the strengths of the team and not how TB wants the team. All the good coaches so that so over to you TB
Yep, the Penrith method won’t cut it with the halves we have. It will make Burton get a cold standing on left. He will see no action. You’re right we need Burton involved like Munster. Also no fucking way should Averillo be kicking in play. He’s useless

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree he’s a running threat. BUT he doesn’t do it. Not near enough if that’s gonna be your argument. Should be making in excess of 100m a game. Not good enough
And how many times do I need to explain why he isn't running? It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And how many times do I need to explain why he isn't running? It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.
Mate, If Trent Barrett said to you don’t run. Don’t use your best asset when you go out there today. Are you going to not run? FFS if that’s my only and best weapon I’m gonna use it to change the game. Get the defence thinking. How many fucking inside balls to Jackson Do you have to see before you understand. He should be running once a set.