up_theDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
more likely to be 5/8 then halfback even then maybe he will play centre

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t want to sound like the usual suspects, Isn’t he getting paid to put everything in anyway?
He's talking about a positional change, not saying he doesn't put in at the best of times. And you blokes call me negative.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As halfback?

He has been having too many beers from his new home kegerator set up.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only part way through, reading between the lines, it sounds like a lot of the deadwood that was moved on from last season to this has made a big improvement to the standards in training. Also, compared to last year, a lot less talk out of the club and a lot more work. Hopefully it provides results on the field.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he aims up and has a great year for us, i can't help but think how on earth did someone see a Captain here, not bagging the kid, just don't see anything about him in that role.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hope he aims up and has a great year for us, i can't help but think how on earth did someone see a Captain here, not bagging the kid, just don't see anything about him in that role.
Have to unfortunately agree. Seems as tho best thing for him is to drop the extra responsibility of co-captaincy and just concentrate on all aspects of 5/8 play....have the hope that Critta will get him sufficiently motivated and able to execute on a more consistent basis.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see anything that screams anything near captain with him. Either on the field or whenever he speaks off the field.

I think this decision was made to sure up the upgraded contract and keep the kid with endless potential happy.

In some ways I think having a leadership role has hampered his progression.

Some people are natural leaders and taking on the captaincy is just a progression on their natural development path.

Burton for me should just focus on his own game and show leadership with his actions rather than being given a responsibility of being captain.

Any talk of him playing halfback needs to be squashed quickly. He struggles with the role of assistant playmaker let alone the role of guiding the team around the park.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will be shit this year too.

Wait till the last year of his contract where he plays out of his skin.

I told you boys from the start, these guys have their premiership rings and glory - they are here for the $$$ now.

Critta will be the same.