Let's talk about voices & accents

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Poor kid would be a mutt if he/she was a dog. lol\

My Dad: 50% Lebanese (Grandfather), 50% Syrian (Grandmother). My Dad moved to Australia at 3months old so he's pretty much born and bred Aussie.
My Mum: 75% Maltese (Grandfather is 100% Maltese), 25% Scottish (Grandmother is 50% Maltese and 50% Scottish). My mum was born in Australia.

Partner's Dad: 100% Chinese, but born and raised Singaporean. Living in NZ since early 90s.
Partner's Mum: 100% Chinese, but born and raised Singaporean. Living in NZ since early 90s. She was adopted though, so family line could go all sorts of places we don't know.

Both my partner's parents speak perfect English being from Singapore and can barely speak a word of Mandarin/Cantonese. Really funny stuff, you just imagine 65 year old Asians can speak their native tongue lol.

I'm born and bred Australian, while my partner is almost born and bred Kiwi. She moved to NZ from Singapore when she was 3 years old.

The above is a very simplistic percentage of our backgrounds, I'd love to one day dig deeper on it all.

Man your mix is pretty nuts too. There would be a story in all that for sure haha
Yeah man. In terms of the possibilities we have relos that live in those countries so anything is possible in terms of how they got there and their roots. For the ones I do know though, my paternal grandfather was born in Senegal with Lebanese background (sizeable Lebanese population in Senegal), and my paternal grandfather is Armenian but born in Lebanon (4% of Lebanon is Armenian), and my maternal great grandmother was born in New York, but moved to Lebanon at a very young age (her mother died and father remarried and stayed in the USA). Her half brother was a Chief Justice if the Supreme Court. On top of this my Dad also has cousins in New York and New Jersey, and also Brazil... most likely people I will never meet lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing annoys me more than Asians with American accents I don't know why maybe it's because of call centres
I thought coz seeing a chinaman with an American accent baffles the mind. It certainly baffles mine but then again you’re a woman who’s extremely smart so I can understand the confusion for me

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought coz seeing a chinaman with an American accent baffles the mind. It certainly baffles mine but then again you’re a woman who’s extremely smart so I can understand the confusion for me
You think I think I don't know you're being sarcastic but I think you know I'm an extremely intelligent person who thinks you're writing this to disguise your real thoughts

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I shouldn't say it 'cause I'm half American but nothing ruins sexy more than a strong American accent.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I shouldn't say it 'cause I'm half American but nothing ruins sexy more than a strong American accent.
Are you kidding me? An Asian woman with either an American or Canadian accent is SEXY AS FARKING FARK!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? An Asian woman with either an American or Canadian accent is SEXY AS FARKING FARK!!
I'm talking about real American accents. Thick American coastal accents. Not the Southern accent, the pretentious annoying accent that just cuts your ears in half.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The cowboy american chick accent is hot

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm talking about real American accents. Thick American coastal accents. Not the Southern accent, the pretentious annoying accent that just cuts your ears in half.
New York (non-Brooklyn) are hot and so are Canadian. I’m not a fan of the southern accent at all.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I just spoke to some chick on the phone now with an American accent (she called me) regarding a matter at work. Her voice was pretty dern good. Typical Californian accent.

Then I looked up her profile on linked.

FMD.

She can abuse me until the cows come home :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
South American chicks accent are fucking hot
( hi papi)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
South American chicks accent are fucking hot
( hi papi)
I find it cute how South American girls talk.

This is how a conversation between 2 South American girls goes down

Girl1: Amiga
Girl2: AMIIGAAAAA!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
tbh middle class received pronunciation, emma watson english accent...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nigella Lawson for mine I get a semi every time she opens her mouth lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
So a head-hunter rang me up yesterday and spoke to me. This person was a foreigner, and if I had to put money on it, I would've said she was Irish.

Anyway about halfway through the conversation she asked me something and I couldn't understand it, so I asked her to repeat, and she laughed and said something about her strong German accent then asked me the question again.

As I said earlier, I would've put money on it being an Irish accent, but it was Deutsche. Completely threw me off.

Anyway, plenty of times I've mistaken the South African and English accents... I don't know how but it's happened.

You know what's bullshit though? The Internship movie from 2013. Rose Byrne (Balmain girl), speaks in that movie with an English accent, yet when questioned about where she's from by Owen Wilson's character, she says Australia. That was NOT her natural accent, and she was putting on an English accent. I have no idea why either her accent or that passage was scripted in that movie lol.

Has anyone else been in a situation where they've badly mistaken accents?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a break, it's the off season.

What type of voices or accents do you like on a woman (or for women, men)?

Naturally, I'm very fond of Australian accents, but I'm NOT talking about Outback Jack-Ciggy-Butt-Brain-Shazza type crap, I mean just a normal Australian accent on a lady, and for it to me like... how do I explain it... light? Nothing more attractive than a lady who has a real feminine accent. The woman who I worked with once had the BEST type of voice. It was nice and light... everything I admired.

In terms of foreign accents though, I cannot get enough of the posh, elegant accent of Southern England (London/Essex). I've come into a few ladies in my time and that accent is powerful. Where I'm working now there is this lady who has that accent and it is just so luring, I can listen to her speak all day. She's ok looking (a little chubby) but damn that accent almost overpowers her physical appearance for me.
Doesn’t matter about their accent all they need is the ability to nod!