Let’s have a chat: Bulldogs officials keen to meet reinstated pair

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont see why they would wait until Friday to have the meeting. Why not have it asap to end speculation.
Just another example of the board sitting on their hands
Chris Anderson playing golf with his son Ben today, Lynn baking a cake, It’s Steven Price’s turn to do the grocery shopping and Paul Dunn/Joey Thomas preparing the farewell party for Deano back at the leagues club...super tied up at the moment.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You forgot Cleaning out the trophy cabinet to add the spoon. Word is they built 9 new pillars for it

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Jayden Okunbor has been outed until round 15 Picture: Getty Images

Corey Harawira-Naera is unhappy with his treatment from the Bulldogs Picture: Getty Images
  • BRENT READ
  • 27 MINUTES AGO JULY 15, 2020
    • FACEBOOK
    • TWITTER
    • WHATSAPP
    • EMAIL
      CANTERBURY OFFICIALS WILL CONSULT THE CLUB’S LEADERSHIP GROUP AND PLAN TO SET UP PERSONAL MEETINGS WITH COREY HARAWIRA-NAERA AND JAYDEN OKUNBOR AS THEY LOOK TO THRASH OUT THE FUTURES OF REINSTATED PAIR BEFORE THE WEEKEND.

HARAWIRA-NAERA AND OKUNBOR WERE DEREGISTERED BY THE GAME AND SACKED BY THE CLUB FOLLOWING A PRE-SEASON INCIDENT IN PORT MACQUARIE, BUT SUBSEQUENTLY HAD THEIR CONTRACTS REINSTATED AFTER THEY SUCCESSFULLY APPEALED TO THE NRL APPEALS COMMITTEE.

BOTH ARE WELL WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS TO RETURN TO THE BULLDOGS, ALTHOUGH HARAWIRA-NAERA HAS ANOTHER WEEK REMAINING ON HIS SUSPENSION AND OKUNBOR HAS BEEN OUTED UNTIL ROUND 15.

IN HARAWIRA-NAERA’S CASE THERE IS INTEREST FROM SEVERAL CLUBS AND HE IS UNDERSTOOD TO BE UPSET WITH THE WAY HE WAS FROZEN OUT BY THE BULLDOGS – CANBERRA, THE WARRIORS AND ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA HAVE ALL EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN THE NEW ZEALAND INTERNATIONAL.

ADVERTISEMENT
      CONTENT RESUMES ON SCROLL
      THE BULLDOGS WILL HAVE THE FINAL SAY. THEY WANT TO KNOW WHERE THEY STAND AND ARE KEEN TO MEET HARAWIRA-NAERA BEFORE THE WEEKEND GIVEN THERE IS A SENSE OF URGENCY AROUND HIS FUTURE.

HARAWIRA-NAERA, WHOSE SANCTION WAS REDUCED TO A 10-GAME SUSPENSION, COULD BE AVAILABLE TO TURN OUT FOR THE BULLDOGS OR ANOTHER CLUB IN LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT, ALTHOUGH THE GAME’S CURRENT BIOSECURITY PROTOCOLS MEAN HE MAY BE FORCED TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK.

KAYO IS YOUR TICKET TO THE 2020 NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP. EVERY GAME OF EVERY ROUND LIVE & ON-DEMAND WITH NO-AD BREAKS DURING PLAY. NEW TO KAYO? GET YOUR 14-DAY FREE TRIAL & START STREAMING INSTANTLY >

BEFORE HE GETS THAT FAR, HE NEEDS TO RESOLVE THINGS WITH THE BULLDOGS. IT WON’T BE EASY. HARAWIRA-NAERA PROVIDED AN INSIGHT INTO HIS FEELINGS WHEN HE ISSUED A STATEMENT TO THE AUSTRALIAN EARLIER THIS WEEK AND SAID THE WIDESPREAD SPECULATION AS TO WHAT OCCURRED CONTAINED MANY INACCURACIES AND FALSEHOODS.

WHILE THE JURY REMAINS OUT ON THEIR RESPECTIVE FUTURES, THEIR TEAMMATES WOULD WELCOME THEM BACK WITH OPEN ARMS.

“FROM A PLAYING POINT OF VIEW – ALL THE PLAYERS ARE IN (AGREEMENT) – WE WANT THEM BACK,” FORWARD AIDEN TOLMAN SAID. “NOW THAT THE NRL HAS DOWNGRADED THEIR (BANS) AND THEIR CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN REINSTATED … I THINK COREY COULD BE AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK.

“US AS PLAYERS, IF THE NRL BELIEVES THEY HAVE DONE THEIR TIME AND THE PENALTY IS WARRANTED, WE WANT THEM BACK HERE AND WE WANT THEM BACK PLAYING. I THINK THE CLUB AND THEIR MANAGEMENT, AND THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES, THEY HAVE TO NEGOTIATE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS AND WHAT THEY WANT TO DO.

“FOR US AS A PLAYING GROUP, THE NRL HAS MADE THEIR RULING, THEY HAVE GIVEN THEIR PENALTIES, THEY HAVE DONE THEIR TIME OUT OF THE GAME. IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO COME BACK, WE DEFINITELY WANT THEM PLAYING.”

TOLMAN REVEALED SOME BULLDOGS PLAYERS HAD MAINTAINED CONTACT WITH THE PAIR.

“WE HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO SEE ANYBODY OUTSIDE THE BUBBLE,” HE SAID. “I DON’T THINK ANY PLAYER HERE HAS SEEN THEM. WE TEXT, WE PHONE CALL. THEY ARE CLOSE TO A LOT OF THE BOYS HERE.”

TOLMAN, MEANWHILE, URGED THE BULLDOGS HIERARCHY TO UNITE AMID SUGGESTIONS THE CLUB HAS BECOME RIFE WITH POLITICKING BEHIND THE SCENES. EARLIER THIS WEEK, THE BULLDOGS MADE THE DIFFICULTY DECISION TO PART WAYS WITH COACH DEAN PAY.

PENRITH ASSISTANT TRENT BARRETT IS THE FAVOURITE TO TAKE OVER, ALTHOUGH POWERBROKERS CONTINUE TO EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS.

“I DON’T THINK THE PLAYERS NEED TO GET INVOLVED IN BOARD GOINGS ON BUT I WILL SAY THAT LEADERSHIP STARTS AT THE TOP OF PLACES AND WE NEED THAT TO FILTER DOWN,” TOLMAN SAID.

“I’M NOT SAYING WHAT THEY’VE DONE IS RIGHT OR WRONG. BUT I AM SAYING THAT WE HAVE SOME CLEAR CLARITY NOW IN THE DIRECTION THAT WE’RE MOVING.”

BRENT READ
      SENIOR SPORTS WRITER
      BRENT READ IS ONE OF RUGBY LEAGUE'S AGENDA SETTERS BUT IS ALSO AMONG THE NATION'S MOST WELL-KNOWN GOLF WRITERS. HE ALSO COVERS OLYMPIC SPORTS, WRITING WITH AUTHORITY, WIT AND ENTHUSIASM. BRENT BEGAN HIS CAREER ... READ MORE
A STATEMENT TO THE AUSTRALIAN EARLIER THIS WEEK AND SAID THE WIDESPREAD SPECULATION AS TO WHAT OCCURRED CONTAINED MANY INACCURACIES AND FALSEHOODS. - I think that's a comment about the Murdoch owned Australian. Not known for facts when unfounded rumour sells more papers.

All the stuff about Corey being unhappy with how he was treated has not been verified - it always comes under the Murdoch spin phrase: "it is understood that....." Not, "we have confirmation that....."

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont see why they would wait until Friday to have the meeting. Why not have it asap to end speculation.
I'm hoping it's because they want to confirm Barrett as the coach before the meeting. Then hopefully Barrett can be involved in pushing for CHN to stay - I'm really hoping that Barrett coached him and had a good relationship with him at Penrith before he went to Manly.
It just might be all part of the plan.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%....he will probably want a raise as well
He is a decent player but not worth fighting too hard for over all.. if he has an axe to grind because he broke all the rules for players of the club then that's his problem
He should be grovelling back but we know that won't happen
CNH, wake the f### up! You and your Di<k cost the Club a sponsorship deal... you broke NRL policy and you have had to face the music.

You owe the club a massive debt the way I see it...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
100%....he will probably want a raise as well
He is a decent player but not worth fighting too hard for over all.. if he has an axe to grind because he broke all the rules for players of the club then that's his problem
He should be grovelling back but we know that won't happen
Agreed. CHN is a great player but if he broke the rules. If he thinks the club should apologise to him for his screw up, then he can bugger off to another club. Players like that aren't worth it. They inevitably screw up again and again 'cause they never learn their lesson and it only results in more problems for whatever club he is playing for.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pissed off with the way the club didnt back Graham in public.

CHN knew the rules and he broke the rules as he had 0% care factor about the rules, the club and his teammates.

Him and Whoopi have copped the punishment and now its time to move on. To turn around and say he does not want to wear the Bulldogs jersey and he wants a release, the club should make it quiet clear to him;

Options
1. Play out the remainder of your contract in first grade, at the Dogs until 2022 - as per contract
2. Grant him a release, only if the NRL put a ban on him from playing in an oppositions jersey until 2023 season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Within the NRL bubble rules my understanding is that in order to talk to the players and coaching staff that means a Covid test and 48/72 hours in isolation, then another Covid test. So Friday is probably the earliest possible day.

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
CHN made the mistake himself and I don't care how filthy he is about his treatment. He was deregistered by the NRL, so if he is that principled, he should walk away from the league altogether and fuck off to England. He just wants an easy way out of a struggling club and to walk into a better team, IMO. No way should he have a chance of playing finals this year. If he doesn't want to play for us, make him sit on the sidelines....at least until/unless a suitable trade can be arranged. Play hardball.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Jayden Okunbor has been outed until round 15 Picture: Getty Images

Corey Harawira-Naera is unhappy with his treatment from the Bulldogs Picture: Getty Images
  • BRENT READ
  • 27 MINUTES AGO JULY 15, 2020
    • FACEBOOK
    • TWITTER
    • WHATSAPP
    • EMAIL
      CANTERBURY OFFICIALS WILL CONSULT THE CLUB’S LEADERSHIP GROUP AND PLAN TO SET UP PERSONAL MEETINGS WITH COREY HARAWIRA-NAERA AND JAYDEN OKUNBOR AS THEY LOOK TO THRASH OUT THE FUTURES OF REINSTATED PAIR BEFORE THE WEEKEND.

HARAWIRA-NAERA AND OKUNBOR WERE DEREGISTERED BY THE GAME AND SACKED BY THE CLUB FOLLOWING A PRE-SEASON INCIDENT IN PORT MACQUARIE, BUT SUBSEQUENTLY HAD THEIR CONTRACTS REINSTATED AFTER THEY SUCCESSFULLY APPEALED TO THE NRL APPEALS COMMITTEE.

BOTH ARE WELL WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS TO RETURN TO THE BULLDOGS, ALTHOUGH HARAWIRA-NAERA HAS ANOTHER WEEK REMAINING ON HIS SUSPENSION AND OKUNBOR HAS BEEN OUTED UNTIL ROUND 15.

IN HARAWIRA-NAERA’S CASE THERE IS INTEREST FROM SEVERAL CLUBS AND HE IS UNDERSTOOD TO BE UPSET WITH THE WAY HE WAS FROZEN OUT BY THE BULLDOGS – CANBERRA, THE WARRIORS AND ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA HAVE ALL EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN THE NEW ZEALAND INTERNATIONAL.

ADVERTISEMENT
      CONTENT RESUMES ON SCROLL
      THE BULLDOGS WILL HAVE THE FINAL SAY. THEY WANT TO KNOW WHERE THEY STAND AND ARE KEEN TO MEET HARAWIRA-NAERA BEFORE THE WEEKEND GIVEN THERE IS A SENSE OF URGENCY AROUND HIS FUTURE.

HARAWIRA-NAERA, WHOSE SANCTION WAS REDUCED TO A 10-GAME SUSPENSION, COULD BE AVAILABLE TO TURN OUT FOR THE BULLDOGS OR ANOTHER CLUB IN LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT, ALTHOUGH THE GAME’S CURRENT BIOSECURITY PROTOCOLS MEAN HE MAY BE FORCED TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK.

KAYO IS YOUR TICKET TO THE 2020 NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP. EVERY GAME OF EVERY ROUND LIVE & ON-DEMAND WITH NO-AD BREAKS DURING PLAY. NEW TO KAYO? GET YOUR 14-DAY FREE TRIAL & START STREAMING INSTANTLY >

BEFORE HE GETS THAT FAR, HE NEEDS TO RESOLVE THINGS WITH THE BULLDOGS. IT WON’T BE EASY. HARAWIRA-NAERA PROVIDED AN INSIGHT INTO HIS FEELINGS WHEN HE ISSUED A STATEMENT TO THE AUSTRALIAN EARLIER THIS WEEK AND SAID THE WIDESPREAD SPECULATION AS TO WHAT OCCURRED CONTAINED MANY INACCURACIES AND FALSEHOODS.

WHILE THE JURY REMAINS OUT ON THEIR RESPECTIVE FUTURES, THEIR TEAMMATES WOULD WELCOME THEM BACK WITH OPEN ARMS.

“FROM A PLAYING POINT OF VIEW – ALL THE PLAYERS ARE IN (AGREEMENT) – WE WANT THEM BACK,” FORWARD AIDEN TOLMAN SAID. “NOW THAT THE NRL HAS DOWNGRADED THEIR (BANS) AND THEIR CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN REINSTATED … I THINK COREY COULD BE AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK.

“US AS PLAYERS, IF THE NRL BELIEVES THEY HAVE DONE THEIR TIME AND THE PENALTY IS WARRANTED, WE WANT THEM BACK HERE AND WE WANT THEM BACK PLAYING. I THINK THE CLUB AND THEIR MANAGEMENT, AND THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES, THEY HAVE TO NEGOTIATE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS AND WHAT THEY WANT TO DO.

“FOR US AS A PLAYING GROUP, THE NRL HAS MADE THEIR RULING, THEY HAVE GIVEN THEIR PENALTIES, THEY HAVE DONE THEIR TIME OUT OF THE GAME. IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO COME BACK, WE DEFINITELY WANT THEM PLAYING.”

TOLMAN REVEALED SOME BULLDOGS PLAYERS HAD MAINTAINED CONTACT WITH THE PAIR.

“WE HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO SEE ANYBODY OUTSIDE THE BUBBLE,” HE SAID. “I DON’T THINK ANY PLAYER HERE HAS SEEN THEM. WE TEXT, WE PHONE CALL. THEY ARE CLOSE TO A LOT OF THE BOYS HERE.”

TOLMAN, MEANWHILE, URGED THE BULLDOGS HIERARCHY TO UNITE AMID SUGGESTIONS THE CLUB HAS BECOME RIFE WITH POLITICKING BEHIND THE SCENES. EARLIER THIS WEEK, THE BULLDOGS MADE THE DIFFICULTY DECISION TO PART WAYS WITH COACH DEAN PAY.

PENRITH ASSISTANT TRENT BARRETT IS THE FAVOURITE TO TAKE OVER, ALTHOUGH POWERBROKERS CONTINUE TO EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS.

“I DON’T THINK THE PLAYERS NEED TO GET INVOLVED IN BOARD GOINGS ON BUT I WILL SAY THAT LEADERSHIP STARTS AT THE TOP OF PLACES AND WE NEED THAT TO FILTER DOWN,” TOLMAN SAID.

“I’M NOT SAYING WHAT THEY’VE DONE IS RIGHT OR WRONG. BUT I AM SAYING THAT WE HAVE SOME CLEAR CLARITY NOW IN THE DIRECTION THAT WE’RE MOVING.”

BRENT READ
      SENIOR SPORTS WRITER
      BRENT READ IS ONE OF RUGBY LEAGUE'S AGENDA SETTERS BUT IS ALSO AMONG THE NATION'S MOST WELL-KNOWN GOLF WRITERS. HE ALSO COVERS OLYMPIC SPORTS, WRITING WITH AUTHORITY, WIT AND ENTHUSIASM. BRENT BEGAN HIS CAREER ... READ MORE

Attention: Brent Read

Hope this helps.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CHN made the mistake himself and I don't care how filthy he is about his treatment. He was deregistered by the NRL, so if he is that principled, he should walk away from the league altogether and fuck off to England. He just wants an easy way out of a struggling club and to walk into a better team, IMO. No way should he have a chance of playing finals this year. If he doesn't want to play for us, make him sit on the sidelines....at least until/unless a suitable trade can be arranged. Play hardball.
Yeah but the easiest way to stick to your principles is not to have any.