Leniu gets 8 weeks

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Ezra didn't say anything, what was in the couple of paragraphs in his statement that were never released to the public? My guess is he unloaded verbally first but apparently you can say some things but cannot say others. And if made public, that would have taken away from the whole racism issue the NRL are trying to show pony.

And thats the problem. No idea what he might have said but hypothetically, lets go with MoFo. That according to the NRL is ok. You say that to me to my face you're visiting a dentist unless you are a really good bro. And this is why you keep shit on the field and deal with it privately off the field, because otherwise it becomes a mess.

The NRL have created a problem now. They have redacted what led to it. They have allowed people to speak out prior to a judiciary hearing. They have made it clear that the punishment was a message to others, which in a real court is subject to appeal every day of the week.

Not supporting what Leniu said. But if I'm playing the bronks and anyone of those clowns says anything that crosses any line, I'm reporting it to the ref. And if the ref does nothing I'm dogshotting the clown and let the cards fall where they may. And when I'm at the judiciary, I'm making the whole thing public. Why is racism not ok but abusing my family is? Abusing me is? Fck em - lets go Fair Work Australia. Sure I'll earn some coin out of that.

The whole thing is a shitshow.
Understand and agree with pretty much of what you've said, especially it being a shitshow. It was reported Leniu was on the end of a spray prior to his racial slur but has since said he was brought up in Mt Druitt and one thing, we don't do is snitch.

So that tells me he won't divulge anything if he's true to his word OR he's thrown in back in the face of his accuser for doing exactly that (snitching).

Can we get Reg Regan back with "Bring back the biff". Back in the day players released all that pent up tension on the field, a stint in the sin bin to cool off for both offenders, penalty given, then move on. Now we have a soap opera over name calling. It's a F'N joke!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Understand and agree with pretty much of what you've said, especially it being a shitshow. It was reported Leniu was on the end of a spray prior to his racial slur but has since said he was brought up in Mt Druitt and one thing, we don't do is snitch.

So that tells me he won't divulge anything if he's true to his word OR he's thrown in back in the face of his accuser for doing exactly that (snitching).

Can we get Reg Regan back with "Bring back the biff". Back in the day players released all that pent up tension on the field, a stint in the sin bin to cool off for both offenders, penalty given, then move on. Now we have a soap opera over name calling. It's a F'N joke!
The only thing I heard reported that was said in that match to Leniu was from Mam telling his teammates to run at Leniu?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I can tell you 100% that most islanders would not consider calling someone a monkey racist
That surprises me TBH.

Because in the majority of countries all over the world I would be sure that calling someone of colour a monkey would be taken with offence, including Asia.

I'm just assuming of course but like I say, it very much surprises me.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
If Ezra didn't say anything, what was in the couple of paragraphs in his statement that were never released to the public? My guess is he unloaded verbally first but apparently you can say some things but cannot say others. And if made public, that would have taken away from the whole racism issue the NRL are trying to show pony.

And thats the problem. No idea what he might have said but hypothetically, lets go with MoFo. That according to the NRL is ok. You say that to me to my face you're visiting a dentist unless you are a really good bro. And this is why you keep shit on the field and deal with it privately off the field, because otherwise it becomes a mess.

The NRL have created a problem now. They have redacted what led to it. They have allowed people to speak out prior to a judiciary hearing. They have made it clear that the punishment was a message to others, which in a real court is subject to appeal every day of the week.

Not supporting what Leniu said. But if I'm playing the bronks and anyone of those clowns says anything that crosses any line, I'm reporting it to the ref. And if the ref does nothing I'm dogshotting the clown and let the cards fall where they may. And when I'm at the judiciary, I'm making the whole thing public. Why is racism not ok but abusing my family is? Abusing me is? Fck em - lets go Fair Work Australia. Sure I'll earn some coin out of that.

The whole thing is a shitshow.
Your first paragraph is just a guess though. None of us will ever know what was redacted.
Agree with what you say about it being a shitshow, but as we see constantly when it comes to the NRL that is to be expected. Amateur competition run by clueless idiots.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
League players need to realize there are cameras recording every angle and sound on the field these days {except when checking tries, apparently}. The boof heads that choose to call opponents racial terms have to realize that in todays woke climate, sponsors will walk away rather than be associated with that behavior. This is from same club, whos captain called a vietnamese girl "squid game" last year. The 70s are over.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
League players need to realize there are cameras recording every angle and sound on the field these days {except when checking tries, apparently}. The boof heads that choose to call opponents racial terms have to realize that in todays woke climate, sponsors will walk away rather than be associated with that behavior. This is from same club, whos captain called a vietnamese girl "squid game" last year. The 70s are over.
Everybody in the media treads very carefully around the Roosters, they do not cop anywhere near the amount of scrutiny as some other clubs.
You could be absolutely certain that if, like has happened, the last two racial incidents the NRL has had to deal with came from another club apart from the Roosters then that club would be put under the blowtorch for it. The double standards around the game in every aspect, both on and off the field, is pathetic.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That surprises me TBH.

Because in the majority of countries all over the world I would be sure that calling someone of colour a monkey would be taken with offence, including Asia.

I'm just assuming of course but like I say, it very much surprises me.
Difference is we are both people of colour. What if a Fijian said it to Ezra? Would it sill be racist?

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumour around is that Mam told the NRL in his statement that he wouldn’t play in the round 9 clash if Leniu was available. It’s why he requested it be kept from the media. He was always getting 8 weeks no matter what. Glad the saga is over.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Paul Kent has offered anyone calling for more than a 4 week suspension to come on to the show and explain why. He accused Thurston of using this incident to push an agenda. I found this hypocritical of Kent as his employer and the muppets that sit at that desk have an agenda against certain teams and sensationalize them.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You need to realise (are you Australian?), that you should take it as a given that they know there are cameras etc., and your characterisation of boof heads *is* the bigoted stereotyping you are swooping in to "eliminate". Oh how superior you are. Leniu couldn't of have ever considered the grand things that you do.

At no point do you consider that Leniu contemplates every sledge, being an ethnic person himself, that it not cross a racial line. And that his good faith judgement was, which was 100% right, that calling Ezra a monkey didn't at all sound alarm bells. Because it's not fucking racists.

FFS, there's this:

Perfect get up for magic round
1710286546364.png

The point is not that this exists, legitimises what Leniu did. The point is that because this exists, and the Leniu thing happened, it a) mocks the accusation that calling Mam was racists b) if we took up @liljohny satirical suggestion, the elite class who decided this take.. fuckwit Thurston etc, would have a fit and call for stadium bans etc.. and god help you if you had made this fashion choice ahead of attendance of a Broncos game, completely oblivious to the situation/

It's absurd, and it offends humanity when absurdities like this are allowed to play out.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the roosters but, Wow 8 weeks for that…. Leniu should come out and say what assra said first.
He won’t because he’s concerned he will come across as a snitch. Despite the hysteria, Mam’s actions didn’t go down well with the Polynesians etc. He can expect sledging.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumour around is that Mam told the NRL in his statement that he wouldn’t play in the round 9 clash if Leniu was available. It’s why he requested it be kept from the media. He was always getting 8 weeks no matter what. Glad the saga is over.
Cant be true. Mam better bot get caught saying anything borderline racist about Pasefika people. His carry on in refusing an apology looks bad AF considering a brown person has copped the biggest ever punishment for racism

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant be true. Mam better bot get caught saying anything borderline racist about Pasefika people. His carry on in refusing an apology looks bad AF considering a brown person has copped the biggest ever punishment for racism
100%. What Leniu said was stupid & how the Roosters handled it was deplorable. The 24 hours after the match cost him 4 weeks. Should have said nothing and apologised straight away.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He won’t because he’s concerned he will come across as a snitch. Despite the hysteria, Mam’s actions didn’t go down well with the Polynesians etc. He can expect sledging.
Mam will be forever a bitch.
100%. What Leniu said was stupid & how the Roosters handled it was deplorable. The 24 hours after the match cost him 4 weeks. Should have said nothing and apologised straight away.
Mam opened the door and 100 or so Polynesian NRL players are gunna walk right in.

Always a Bulldog