Leigh Leopards going to Wembly

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Leigh has upset StHelens in the challenge cup semi final and have booked their place in the Final for the first time in 50 years.

St Helens were behind by 6 with 2 minutes to go. They forced a line drop out and from that Matty Lees and Alex Walmsley made a excellent hit up each and allowed Lomax to score out on the right edge. Unfortunately for Saints, Makinson choked the conversion and failed to send the game to golden point.

12-10 victory to Leigh.

* Worth noting that Saints win if James Roby plays, but still a big achievement for Leigh.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is the challenge cup like the Telstra premiership or is it a separate competition from the main ESL premiership? I don't get it.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the challenge cup like the Telstra premiership or is it a separate competition from the main ESL premiership? I don't get it.
Seperate, amateur teams are invited, they play first round then harder teams get added each round. Think Massey cup, NSW cup, nrl teams. Winners go on. Leigh is coached by Adrian lam and Lachlan lam plays for them too

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If it were in Australia it would be like a knockout comp featuring all the NRL teams with the NSW Cup teams & the QLD Cup teams.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Australia should host one. 17 NRL teams plus 15 QLD Cup teams equals 32 teams.

Randomise the draw.

Round of 32 & Round of 16 played instead of trial games.

NRL is stopped for 3 weeks during the season.

Origin on 3 Sundays in a row with the Quarter Finals, Semis & FInal played on the Friday & Saturday of those 3 weeks.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Leigh has upset StHelens in the challenge cup semi final and have booked their place in the Final for the first time in 50 years.

St Helens were behind by 6 with 2 minutes to go. They forced a line drop out and from that Matty Lees and Alex Walmsley made a excellent hit up each and allowed Lomax to score out on the right edge. Unfortunately for Saints, Makinson choked the conversion and failed to send the game to golden point.

12-10 victory to Leigh.

* Worth noting that Saints win if James Roby plays, but still a big achievement for Leigh.
Leigh are ahead of the Saints on the ladder.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Leigh are ahead of the Saints on the ladder.
Yep, Saints have had a pretty tough campaign. WCC, injuries and suspensions etc, few players getting long in the tooth. Could well end up being Catalans v Leigh grand final. I do think Saints at full strength with Roby fit still deserve to be favourites given their history though.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Roby is considered on par with Cam Smith.
Of course you can’t tell for sure since h me never played nrl, but internationally he was on par when playing Oz.
He just never wanted to test himself.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wigan Warriors go down in a minor upset.
Odds on Leigh win the Challenge Cup final. However Hull KR have been alot better since getting Brad Schneider off Canberra
Screenshot_2023-07-24-07-11-20-97_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have been tuning in to the English comp and I am liking what I see from Leigh. Fast becoming my favourite side over there and young Lam is impressing with his game management. Must make his dad Adrian proud. They recruited well too. John Asiata in particular is killing it...remember him we said no jab no play...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have been tuning in to the English comp and I am liking what I see from Leigh. Fast becoming my favourite side over there and young Lam is impressing with his game management. Must make his dad Adrian proud. They recruited well too. John Asiata in particular is killing it...remember him we said no jab no play...
Lam been going well. I remember saying to my roosters mate years ago when he extended with them that he's silly for doing so and that Chooks would treat him like shit as they did Brock Lamb. Glad he got out

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well that definitely means StHelens won't win a 5th straight title... Absolutely massive loss.
Maybe we should try give them Sutton.
Screenshot_2023-07-26-01-59-26-13_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpgScreenshot_2023-07-26-02-00-26-16_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roby is considered on par with Cam Smith.
Of course you can’t tell for sure since h me never played nrl, but internationally he was on par when playing Oz.
He just never wanted to test himself.
Fkn

Malla

Reaction score
apparently Asiata has a lot to answer for with his tackles. I heard to date he has taken out 4 players from the Comp.
It’s a topic of discussion because it’s a st helens player that got injured lol standard grass cut tackle theres nothing wrong with it. If he was third man in where player is being held upright and he dives at their legs then different story but he’s tackling them one on one