Leicester City show what can be achieved when a team is committed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This mornings news that Leicester City have won the EPL after being 5000-1 shots at the beginning of the season and with a salary that is between 10% and 50% of the biggest teams shows that money alone cannot win a comp.

Being the biggest club, or the most financial or having the latest training equipment means jack unless the players are committed and believe that what they are putting their bodies through will achieve the success that they desire.

Their coach has the nickname of "the tinkerman" due to his ongoing and constant search for the best game plan, player combination and approach to win games. Very clearly it has worked, the structured teams and coaches have been unable to stop them.

Our players are not committed and for mine do not believe in the direction being taken by our coaching staff. If every game serves a purpose and is part of the long term plan to win in October then our games must serve that purpose. Currently our games are like a mixed lolly bag - you never know what you get so either the plan is wrong/stuffed/not understood or the players are not committed at all. Or both.

The elected guardians of the club and the employed managers of our club have to take action and take it fast. Money will not fix our issues - commitment will. Why employ a "mind coach"? surely based on results and effort this employee must be accountable for the lack of commitment. If not him, then the coach with infinite resources but cannot deliver a consistent, future focused game plan must be accountable. If not him, then the board must be accountable. I have deliberately left the CEO our because I cannot see where any value is added to our premiership goal is added by her actions - I see her role more of a marketing manager than a CEO.

Des, Ray, Give the boys a reason to believe, show them the way, be man enough to admit openly that what you are doing is not working and me as a single fan will cut you some slack. If you cannot change or make changes then you are not part of the solution so move on.

Well done Leicester City for showing what can be achieved.

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
This mornings news that Leicester City have won the EPL after being 5000-1 shots at the beginning of the season and with a salary that is between 10% and 50% of the biggest teams shows that money alone cannot win a comp.

Being the biggest club, or the most financial or having the latest training equipment means jack unless the players are committed and believe that what they are putting their bodies through will achieve the success that they desire.

Their coach has the nickname of "the tinkerman" due to his ongoing and constant search for the best game plan, player combination and approach to win games. Very clearly it has worked, the structured teams and coaches have been unable to stop them.

Our players are not committed and for mine do not believe in the direction being taken by our coaching staff. If every game serves a purpose and is part of the long term plan to win in October then our games must serve that purpose. Currently our games are like a mixed lolly bag - you never know what you get so either the plan is wrong/stuffed/not understood or the players are not committed at all. Or both.

The elected guardians of the club and the employed managers of our club have to take action and take it fast. Money will not fix our issues - commitment will. Why employ a "mind coach"? surely based on results and effort this employee must be accountable for the lack of commitment. If not him, then the coach with infinite resources but cannot deliver a consistent, future focused game plan must be accountable. If not him, then the board must be accountable. I have deliberately left the CEO our because I cannot see where any value is added to our premiership goal is added by her actions - I see her role more of a marketing manager than a CEO.

Des, Ray, Give the boys a reason to believe, show them the way, be man enough to admit openly that what you are doing is not working and me as a single fan will cut you some slack. If you cannot change or make changes then you are not part of the solution so move on.

Well done Leicester City for showing what can be achieved.
ABSOLUTELY!!! 1000% & amen to that

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sad thing is, they'll be completely dismantled over the next 5 years, as other clubs come knocking and convince their stars that they're worth double what they're getting.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Sad thing is, they'll be completely dismantled over the next 5 years, as other clubs come knocking and convince their stars that they're worth double what they're getting.
they will have some champions league money and a boom in everything like merchandise and epl prizemoney, so they now have some financial muscle as well

even the dismantling process will give them some muscle

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I get what the OP is saying. We should play soccer.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Owners have very very deep pockets.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well they're currently spending about 10% of what their competitors are.
I'm not sure of the figures re the salaries of Man City etc, but the owners are basically in the King of Thailand's inner circle (and when doing business in Thailand, sucking up to the king is the way to get ahead). They will definitely handle any increase in salary expectations.

The team is already being promoted as the "Team of the Thai people". The elites are getting on board. This is up there with rich Arabs owning Man City.

As an aside, the Thai people have clearly forgiven the Leicester City tour of 2 years ago when the players misbehaved (to use an understatement).

The owners actually put a big part of it down to Buddhism. They have been flying over their personal monk to give blessings during the season :grinning:

Mrs Croydon Dog is currently on the phone to her sister in Bangkok, who is soccer mad. I am making out only about half of it, but it seems like they are going off there. 60 million people are ditching their Liverpool jerseys for the blue of Leicester City

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But they owners have indeed done well, especially in recruiting a top manager. Hopefully they learn to stay out of managing the team and leave the manager to it.

It's the fairytale of how to buy a lower league team and turn them into a Champions League side. It has exceeded everyone's expectations.

Good on the players too (sorry for not mentioning them earlier). I mean 5000/1 ! Crazy stuff.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's alot of interesting aspects to this story. With the coach - the owners said he would be safe as long as the team was not near relegation. They offered him $100k for every position he was from the bottom of the table. So incentives can go a long way to getting results. We've got different issues, we spend $8 million per year on football operations, have some good players but the coach is trying to do things the same way and wants different results.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's alot of interesting aspects to this story. With the coach - the owners said he would be safe as long as the team was not near relegation. They offered him $100k for every position he was from the bottom of the table. So incentives can go a long way to getting results. We've got different issues, we spend $8 million per year on football operations, have some good players but the coach is trying to do things the same way and wants different results.
Therein lies the crux of our problem - the players are either not willing(because they do not believe in it) or capable(lack of skill) of following the coach's plan. To that end Hasler has to re generate belief in his plans from the group or change the plans or move on.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Leicester City throw away a game they had won on away goals rule :tearsofjoy: I will remember this moment way more than I will remember them winning the EPL ;)

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Been a dream season for The Foxes good on them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Leicester City throw away a game they had won on away goals rule :tearsofjoy: I will remember this moment way more than I will remember them winning the EPL ;).
That's cruel. Extra, extra, time it was a North Sydney moment that one.

If that had of been our crowd that person with the flare would have been banned for life, lol. Check out the celebrations by Watford fans , long time since we've seen any of that proportion.

Still it would have been a major buzz for Leicester to win the championship this year. A lazy 10 quid would have returned a nice little dividend. Saw the vision of the fans and the players after fulltime of the Chelsea game , they were absolutely wrapt

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
werent adelaide united winless after 8 rounds?
Yup...but that doesn't really compare to this lol. I don't think i will ever see something like this again in my life, it is ridiculous haha.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Probebly within 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.