Lebanon's Secured Home Turf In Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Western Weekender Stadium will be the Permanant Home Ground for the Lebanese National Team in Rugby League up until 2015. All of their Major Games will be Played at the Stadium including All of Their World Cup Trial Matches if they Qualify for the World Cup.

I would liked it if they Chose Belmore because it had More Seats & was Closer to the Lebanese Home in Australia but I guess it was A Cheaper Option. There Next Match I think will be against Malta's National Team.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Hmm that's not far away and a neat stadium to play at but they need to get more seats in there if International teams and Jim Beam cup games are to be played.

I think the President of SMRLFC is looking into that idea and could be built even bigger come in the near future.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ohh, About the Refurbishment of the Western Weekender Stadium... That will have to wait till atleast 2008 or 2009 since the Goverment Stadium Funds went to Leidchart Oval & WIN Stadium in 2007... Plus some other Stadiums that I don't know about...

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Yeah i thought so it's still handy but they do need more capacity to get more ppl in there if more teams are coming out this way.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Back to The Thread... The Current Capacity for The Stadium is 7,500... the Planned Expansion is that the Stadium will have around 2,400 Seats in the Grand Stand & also have some 1st Class Footy Facilities along with a Possible Electronic Scoreboard installed in 2010...

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Back to The Thread... The Current Capacity for The Stadium is 7,500... the Planned Expansion is that the Stadium will have around 2,400 Seats in the Grand Stand & also have some 1st Class Footy Facilities along with a Possible Electronic Scoreboard installed in 2010...
I don't think that is the capacity are u sure cause they do only have 1 grand stand but i think u will be able to get around 7.500 perhaps there was only like 2,500 when the blues came out here a few years back and they already have an electronic scoreboard in the stadium.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They do... Based on the Information I got... It said that It didn't have a Electronic Scoreboard... but the Expansion is going ahead in another year or Two...

tReLLoS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol the lebanese fortress....get used to the greek international side kicking your asses there lol..looks good and sounds good to here them having a home ground here, wouldve been tuff to play with bombs goin off around u over there..

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Greece-Australian Team uses the Same Stadium. It's a Cost-Cutting & effective way to organise Matches in having Australian Based Nationals out of One Small but Great Stadium.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
That is so not the Western Weekender Stadium when have they ever had a running track on there i don't remember.

They do have a Scoreboard man you can see it everytime you drive past there it's not as big as the Nrl ones but crowds are still able to see it.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It looks like Perry Lakes Stadium in Perth... but it looks alot more like Athletic Park in the Olympic Area in Sydney

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
LOL Abz.... the picture doesn't show.. that one is of somewhere in Perth.

Here is the score board from Western Weekender

I reckon it's a good choice... not a bad stadium, and they will put money into it in the future especially if both the Greeks and Lebanese use it... :grinning:

W

Willie Talol'd

lol the lebanese fortress....get used to the greek international side kicking your asses there lol..looks good and sounds good to here them having a home ground here, wouldve been tuff to play with bombs goin off around u over there..
If the Greeks play anythiny like St Euphemia in footy you will get raped.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They will once Morris Iemma puts his "Sports Fund" into Stadiums for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.