News League enforcer Sean Keppie granted permission to leave

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eagle probably prioritise Tofa over him, which I also do. Sipley has become quite good. They also have Bullemor (unsigned for 24 afaik). If they’re happy to let Keppie leave, it tells me they probably want to keep Bullemor, or have already re-signed him.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eagle probably prioritise Tofa over him, which I also do. Sipley has become quite good. They also have Bullemor (unsigned for 24 afaik). If they’re happy to let Keppie leave, it tells me they probably want to keep Bullemor, or have already re-signed him.
Bullemor resigned

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
90+% tackle efficiency 4 season in a row, the only season it was below 90% was his first, the stats don't support your observations.

Always a Bulldog
Call me an optimist but these types of signings can be beneficial to juniors (not hindering) they're considerably cheaper than a Haas type middle and ultimately do the 1st priority tasks, yardage, hopefully no nonsense, couple cheeky offloads, and just do the job(see stats). They seem professional (I'm mostly referring to Twal as I see him on field and interviews more but Keppie isn't a slouch).

Junior props want these contracts, game time.

All along they're training alongside, opposing sessions too. They want to know, they need to see, they need to outdo these players to CONSISTENTLY play in the NRL. On the training paddock the juniors that are trying to crack in and establish themselves in the NRL look at these types of players.

So even if these props eventually get outdone by a couple juniors, it's not a large chunk of salary cap 'flopped', they'd always be ready to cover back in for the squad rotation as long as training's fine. Buzz and critics will call them flops after a couple years but there's plenty of indirect benefits out of these types of signings.
Plus the Bulldogs fold usually (used to) bring the best out of these types of players. I can see these two, bar injuries, enjoying Bulldogs compared to Tiger's and Manly.
win-win

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Tigers and Manly have a lot of salary cap management re calculations going on, bit of investment going on with their current forwards and/or redirection of money to other positions. Not too suspicious of bad character, etc with these players being let go or told to see what's being offered to them from other clubs.
Just hopefully Bulldogs don't pay overs.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take him. Big body, hits hard I see potential in him

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He would be a better signing then Salman, Mann and the geriactric from France.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's just wait until November and sign Lindsay Smith and Terrell May for 2025. We're F'd next year regardless what we do anyways. Keppie (and these other bottom of the barrel targets) is ass and I'd rather play Hughes or Morrin any day.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's just wait until November and sign Lindsay Smith and Terrell May for 2025. We're F'd next year regardless what we do anyways. Keppie (and these other bottom of the barrel targets) is ass and I'd rather play Hughes or Morrin any day.
IMHO the club wants to, or would prefer to sign a couple of middles for one year - so that cap n space is available for some big names in 25. Unfortunately most fg ready middles dont want one year contracts.