News League enforcer Sean Keppie granted permission to leave

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sea Eagles enforcer Sean Keppie has been given permission to negotiate with NRL rivals, despite being handed a contract upgrade in 2022.

That is according to the SMH, who are reporting the 25-year-old middle forward has been informed he is free to leave the club.

Keppie is currently signed until the end of 2026 and the Tigers are reportedly keen on his services as they attempt to rebuild their squad under Benji Marshall.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I clearly remember some on here, saying that he would be a good get what are Peoples thoughts or retorts ?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I used to watch him play in my younger bro's comp (Group 6) when he was 10-15 years old. Was the best player in the grade. It just shows how high the standard of the NRL is, as it's fair to say he's a fringe first grader at best.

I'd take him if it was minimum wage.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo think he would be a good benchie for us, goes hard.
Looks like clubs are shaking the trees, who knows whos going to be available.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
My preference would be for twal then maybe Seyfarth and kepie equal. Although Kepie is a bit of a bigger body which we need. So maybe Twal and Kepie could be good pick ups.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
no he's garbage...

pretty much another waddell type player who makes constant errors and gives away penalties
Sea Eagles really haven't shown they are that fit. Similar to how when Seibold coached the Bronco's. Players who aren't fit make those sorts of errors. Bigger body to provide that 1-2 punch we really need.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is way too inconsistent and goes missing in games. Kid has some talent, but not what we need at dogs.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only middles worth looking at for 2024 imo are Jordan McLean, Tariq Sims, Tepai Moeroa, Seyfarth and Twal… this gives us a bridge to 2025 where we must open up the purse strings deluxe - once we can snare 1 marquee, others may follow

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
An issue may be is that he was signed long term under Des till 26. Maybe on silly money. Unless Eagles willing to chip in he may struggle to find a home. This is the Des effect.