Lawrences Dog Hit on Perrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Swung the game in their favour with our fullback having to leave for a concussion test at the start of the 2nd half

They scored 3 tries with our backline completely re-shuffled

With players now forced to leave the field if concussion is suspected it will be a startegy come important games to target important players with shots that will cause opposition players to have to leave the field for concussion tests for 15-20 mins.

Dont expect much to come of it to Lawrence "as its not his go"... "hes not that type of player" BS

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I would probably have a different opinion of this incident had we lost the match, but I don't think there was much thinking going on inside Lawrence's head when he jumped, so I don't think he intended to concuss Perrett. Also, this strategy would really destroy the feel of the game and I think if a team was caught doing it then the NRL would come down hard on them.

What is concerning for me is that Des said he wasn't initially made aware that the doctor had taken Perrett off - which is why we were playing with 12 men for some time. How wasn't that piece of information communicated to Des? I couldn't see if Perrett was moving groggily, but because of the delayed reaction by the doctor to pull him off, it meant that Perrett's switch was counted as an interchange instead of the 'freebie' exchange from the reported incident.

It nearly cost us the game, so let's never see that happen again.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swung the game in their favour with our fullback having to leave for a concussion test at the start of the 2nd half

They scored 3 tries with our backline completely re-shuffled

With players now forced to leave the field if concussion is suspected it will be a startegy come important games to target important players with shots that will cause opposition players to have to leave the field for concussion tests for 15-20 mins.

Dont expect much to come of it to Lawrence "as its not his go"... "hes not that type of player" BS
The same would have been said about Krisnan Inu but he had a couple of "out of character" incidents when he dropped players on their heads and scored 7 weeks suspension from the judiciary.

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
At NO time ever was Lawrences eyes on the football so I will let u be the judge

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it looked a lot uglier than Lawrence meant it to. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt on his intention. .. but he should at least be given a week or two off. Guess we'll have to wait for the grading

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He jumped very late, with only the intention of hitting perret in the air.
I personally believe that if a player has to leave the field for a concussion test as a result of foul play, the aggressor should have to leave the field too.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same would have been said about Krisnan Inu but he had a couple of "out of character" incidents when he dropped players on their heads and scored 7 weeks suspension from the judiciary.
Yes but Inu was also good for high tackles, shoulder chargers etc. Has been placed on report numerous times.

Whereis Lawrence is the opposite. Would have a pretty clean record but should still be receiving a 1 week rest for that. No attempt on the ball, not looking at the ball all will be against him at judiciary.

What The Bark?

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was under the impression the shoulder charge was an illegal play, not to mention one resulting with contact to a rival player's head will see a lengthy suspension take place. So I beg the question, why wasn't he sent from the field?

Kudos to the boys, we were playing without three of our first choice backs — Perrett, Brett Morris and Lafai — for a good period in the match and still overcame adversity to tame the Tigers.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He did attack in the air, and he led with the shoulder to do it while making no attempt to play for the ball.

It resulted in a concussion test given the head contact, and directly swung the game to the Tigers...... it has to have some weeks out attached to it.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looked a lot uglier than Lawrence meant it to. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt on his intention. .. but he should at least be given a week or two off. Guess we'll have to wait for the grading
This.

I don't think it was a "Why don't I give him a flying side-on elbow to the face?" (That's more Steve Matai style) rather an utterly careless and dangerous bodyshape once he realised he was nowhere near the ball. Anything that utterly careless and dangerous has to be worth a short period on the sideline.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He jumped very late, with only the intention of hitting perret in the air.
I personally believe that if a player has to leave the field for a concussion test as a result of foul play, the aggressor should have to leave the field too.
Thats a good idea

The fact concussed players have to leave the field & refs dont send off players these days, leaves the GF open to being ruined by a grubby act

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perrett didn't leave the field at the time of the incident.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a pure shoulder charge in the air from lawrence. Nothing else.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw it as pretty dog, it wasn't needed but he did it

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not the first time tigers have tryed to attack n take out our fullback, I remember beau Ryan repeatedly attacked ratboy in a game!! It was blatantly obvious in that game they only had 1 plan

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This incident happened right in front of us and it was an illegal play.Hip check and a shoulder/elbow to the head.There was no attempt by Lawrence to take the ball, instead he played the man. Of course the Channel Nine commentators,especially Wally and Sterlo tried to justify it by saying it was "out of character." Surprisingly though, Hadley stuck up for us stating that Laurence made no attempt to take the ball but played the man instead.It just annoys me royally that the referees will not take sterner action when foul play like this is involved. Last year not a single player was dismissed from the field, should have been a dismissal last night as it was basically a shoulder charge on a defenceless player.We were already in trouble with the fact we had late changes to the side and a few positional shuffles so losing our fullback and being one back short was a huge disadvantage. After the penalty , we move up field the Tigers charge down a kick and score because we had no fullback, instead having a forward in cover instead. Couple of quick tries and we are in deep trouble. The boys however did exceptionally well and did not drop their bundle, I am proud of the way they hung in there. No doubt because we did not take Perrett off immediately, the NRL will probably look at us reagarding a breach of the concussion rule.
Sucks doesn't it that the grub who committed the foul stays on and plays the rest of the game. Maybe the way to go is to replace the reported player involved in the illegal play( provided of course he has not been dismissed from the field) sit him on the sideline for as long as the injured guy is off being assessed and if the injured player does not return neither does the offender meaning a three man bench for both sides.When the offender returns it is included as an interchange.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
was it just me or did anyone else notice that we looked bad when perrett came off and then looked good when he back came on

for example his runs and long pass switches opened up the space and got us onto the front foot

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Nearly there with u Rodz but we definitely have NO backup . there needs to be people who can adjust ( the entire team ). I used to coach kids (14's) to play 3 positions. so it makes things a little easier when whatever prob should arrive &at the end of the day I was called by many as a dumb /fker cause I didn't know what I was doing

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nearly there with u Rodz but we definitely have NO backup . there needs to be people who can adjust ( the entire team ). I used to coach kids (14's) to play 3 positions. so it makes things a little easier when whatever prob should arrive &at the end of the day I was called by many as a dumb /fker cause I didn't know what I was doing
what do you mean by no backup, the team didnt adjust without perrett?

btw dont worry that is a good philosophy to have players know different positions, and i like the strategy to go into the game that you have a plan if any player on the team got injured you could shift something to make it work, but last night we were already scrambling to fill in the backline so what happened was adding to the crisis

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This incident happened right in front of us and it was an illegal play.Hip check and a shoulder/elbow to the head.There was no attempt by Lawrence to take the ball, instead he played the man. Of course the Channel Nine commentators,especially Wally and Sterlo tried to justify it by saying it was "out of character." Surprisingly though, Hadley stuck up for us stating that Laurence made no attempt to take the ball but played the man instead.It just annoys me royally that the referees will not take sterner action when foul play like this is involved. Last year not a single player was dismissed from the field, should have been a dismissal last night as it was basically a shoulder charge on a defenceless player.We were already in trouble with the fact we had late changes to the side and a few positional shuffles so losing our fullback and being one back short was a huge disadvantage. After the penalty , we move up field the Tigers charge down a kick and score because we had no fullback, instead having a forward in cover instead. Couple of quick tries and we are in deep trouble. The boys however did exceptionally well and did not drop their bundle, I am proud of the way they hung in there. No doubt because we did not take Perrett off immediately, the NRL will probably look at us reagarding a breach of the concussion rule.
Sucks doesn't it that the grub who committed the foul stays on and plays the rest of the game. Maybe the way to go is to replace the reported player involved in the illegal play( provided of course he has not been dismissed from the field) sit him on the sideline for as long as the injured guy is off being assessed and if the injured player does not return neither does the offender meaning a three man bench for both sides.When the offender returns it is included as an interchange.
I don't think everytime a player cops a stinger he should be sent off for the assessment, sometimes players are just shaken up or winded and seem groggy but need time to regain their breath and clear their mind. But I reckon we took him off so the NRL wouldn't come down on us saying why not this and why that.

was it just me or did anyone else notice that we looked bad when perrett came off and then looked good when he back came on

for example his runs and long pass switches opened up the space and got us onto the front foot
Yeah we dd seem bad once he came off but our team had to restructure too much to be stable plus Perret is the only other player who knows our drills and etc from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.