Laurie joins Tigers as Panthers sign Momirovski

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The reason Penrith did this deal is they get the better player. Burton isn't happening, there's only about a month until the season starts.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Said the same thing it means whare goes to uk

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dam! so no truth to the Dylan Napa rumour?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers are not going to release Burton unless they get a player in return that's useful to them. A lot of the players we'd like to give the Panthers (e.g. Lewis and Napa) they are not going to want. I hope our club learns from this and does the same in the future. Any useful player to us that wants a release, we should be getting something back in return. No ifs, ands or buts.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers are not going to release Burton unless they get a player in return that's useful to them. A lot of the players we'd like to give the Panthers (e.g. Lewis and Napa) they are not going to want. I hope our club learns from this and does the same in the future. Any useful player to us that wants a release, we should be getting something back in return. No ifs, ands or buts.
Exactly this, there is absolutely no benefit to Penrith to release Burton. He is a quality player on minimum wage. Why would they just release him?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i worry Burton might regress at the Panthers this year what a bunch of bastards they are, although i get why their holding on to him.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Potentially going to play fullback in first grade? wow...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton has been training @ fullback with Edwards @ centre.
Makes no sense at all. Why would they play someone at fullback who is unproven in the position and is leaving next year ??

I’m not saying it’s not true. Just saying it’s stupid if they go that way.

Staines will be their long term fullback

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i worry Burton might regress at the Panthers this year what a bunch of bastards they are, although i get why their holding on to him.
I'm not worried about that at all TBH. You don't lose class overnight....just look at Alamoti. He hadn't played in a year and he slayed them yesterday. Burton will be fine, it's just a shame not having him here this year so he can develop a combination with the Flange. In saying that, I'm very confident he'll be here this year. The fact that Penrith want a player swap means they're open to it. It's just frustrating that it's taking so friggin long

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not worried about that at all TBH. You don't lose class overnight....just look at Alamoti. He hadn't played in a year and he slayed them yesterday. Burton will be fine, it's just a shame not having him here this year so he can develop a combination with the Flange. In saying that, I'm very confident he'll be here this year. The fact that Penrith want a player swap means they're open to it. It's just frustrating that it's taking so friggin long
I don’t know how you can be confident he will be here in 2021. The season is a month away and Penrith said a hundred times he ain’t going anywhere.

Also Burton will be in their top 17 this year and provides great back up for their halves.

Yes they released Laurie but he is further down the pecking order than Burton

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know how you can be confident he will be here in 2021. The season is a month away and Penrith said a hundred times he ain’t going anywhere.

Also Burton will be in their top 17 this year and provides great back up for their halves.

Yes they released Laurie but he is further down the pecking order than Burton
Didn't Penrith say they were not going to release Laurie?

My confidence is based on the mail that Penrith are considering a player swap. If they weren't interested in releasing Burton they would have told us to piss off. How valuable can he be to them if they're considering a player swap.

The only way I see Burton getting in the 17 is through injuries and/or origin. He's currently the 4th choice centre (after Chricton, Naden and Momo) and the 4th choice half (after Cleary, Luai and May). Penrith also have Salmon who can cover anywhere from 1-7 and seems like the Burton replacement (not as good but he can do the same job)

Call me a dreamer but I can see it happening