Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to club website it will be on this weekends jersey
Great news!!

Reactions: GDR

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone smarter than me explain how having "Laundy Hotels" slapped on the front helps their brand? Genuinely curious.
Business to business opportunity and marketing, corporate hospitality, cross branding with the club, eCommerce, media exposure etc, but in reality the best sponsors are the ones with a vested interest or love. Uncle Nick didn't make his millions from car sales with City Ford because of the rooster sponsorship, but it opened heaps of doors.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually learned to like the jersey without a front sponsor
The jersey looked great in its own stature but was so embarrassing at the same time.

Even watching them run out last week without the sponsor after we knew was depressing and watching them runout richer this week will be a win in itself.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Business to business opportunity and marketing, corporate hospitality, cross branding with the club, eCommerce, media exposure etc, but in reality the best sponsors are the ones with a vested interest or love. Uncle Nick didn't make his millions from car sales with City Ford because of the rooster sponsorship, but it opened heaps of doors.
How about when we build our own stadium we stick a Laundy Pub outside the gates and call it The Bulldog Arms. Dogs fans can eat and drink there before or after the footy. It’ll become to us what the Caxton Hotel is to Suncorp Stadium :-).

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also they should bring out nice canterbury bankstown shirts for wearing out and shit. Advertising there pubs and brand and ill buy 10 of them just for work. Show these people huge support, offering a future for players is a huge catch. If we help drag them money in, hopefully mr laundy helps with them tpas and so called uni degrees lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some fucking good news for once.
In bold is my favourite sentence from the article.
C'mon Laundy group, get amongst it and bring us back to greatness!

Also, blue logo looks good!
Fuck that quote reads well!!! Fuck yeah our future looks good!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was that Robbo 10 sec from the end? He hasn’t had a big profile post footy, haven’t seen much of him, but I remember this:
View attachment 16204
Yep. Robbo was a garbo back in the day and used to have the beard all winter. Famously one year, on the end of year harbour cruise Robbo nearly didn't make it on the boat because security thought he was a free loader trying to get on. He had shaved is beard off and no one recognized him..:tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also they should bring out nice canterbury bankstown shirts for wearing out and shit. Advertising there pubs and brand and ill buy 10 of them just for work. Show these people huge support, offering a future for players is a huge catch. If we help drag them money in, hopefully mr laundy helps with them tpas and so called uni degrees lol.
Imagine when they read the team list over the P.A system at a home match and every player is sponsored by one of Laundys pubs! So much exposure for them, and im sure all doggies supporters would start drinking at their pubs once they recognise they belong to the Laundys!!
I used to love having a beer at the Sackville bar k in the days. Ill have to visit them when I return to Sydney next.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Robbo was a garbo back in the day and used to have the beard all winter. Famously one year, on the end of year harbour cruise Robbo nearly didn't make it on the boat because security thought he was a free loader trying to get on. He had shaved is beard off and no one recognized him..:tearsofjoy:
And he probably wouldn’t have put up much of a fight either - despite his toughness on the field he was a gentle giant. Garbo - classic. I’ll never forget being at school one day when the truck turned up to drop off pies, sausage rolls and bakery items to the canteen. Behind the wheel: T. Lamb. Back when they had day jobs because footy never paid the bills. Only two of us were excited to see Baa as most of the blokes at that school followed the slimy Eels - muppets :-).

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is promoting his Family name more than his product. Maybe sticking it to the other pub Moguls. A pub sells itself. I honestly never knew who he was before this sponsor.
Sports and hospitality go hand in hand.... The target market is essentiality everywhere.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It appears the Laundys own the locker room hotel at Olympic Park. Smart move sponsoring the dogs as im sure every fan will stop and have at least one beer on their way to the game.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is there a Laundys Hotel venue in St. George/Shire area? Will try to patronize a venue as a token thank you.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get that, but as far as I know there isn't a "Laundy Hotel" and their venues operate under different names. The average person isn't going associate their name with whatever their nearest venue is.
Brother, that’s why this is massive, because obviously there’s an emotional connection with club. Someone that loves the club and wants to see it succeed while throwing his spare change in. It’s probably not pure business, Theres a connection there. When Politis first got involved with the roosters as a major sponsor his brand ‘city ford’ didn’t need the exposure, he did it to support the club he loved. This deal with Laundys is unique..other clubs would love this kind of partnership. This is what we needed ever since bullfrog past away.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players better not stuff this up !!

Great work by the club and thank you to the Laundys. Really positive signs lately.