Opinion Latrell Mitchell

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell’s days as a fullback are not long. His body shape and size will not hold up. I have no doubt he will be back in the centre’s before long to prolong his career.

Therefore his price will come down to centre’s money.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not true. We're able to do it currently (keeping youngsters) and we'd be using players like Vaughan, Thompson, Jackson, Allan, Flanagan's, etc. salaries. Go through the Panther and Roosters for e.g.'s rosters. They're also top heavy.
What youngsters are you referred mg to on minimum wage?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What youngsters are you referred mg to on minimum wage?
When I say minimum wage I mean <200k. Alamoti, Averillo, BBO, Doorey, Kiraz, Patolo, Schoupp, Topine, etc. You don't need to allocate anymore than that for 18-30. Some will be on minimum wage, some a little more. If we were to promote a player like Toia, same thing. If they're good enough for NRL you need to make a decision and either move on players in your top 17 or let them go, same as Panthers, etc.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No to Latrell, we should be going hard for Moses, as much of a twat I think he is, his kicking and running game alongside Burton would be immense and the attraction of linking up with Mahoney is surely a hook…

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Latrell is a great player who I think is playing out of position. He is far more effective at Centre than FB. Plus his injuries, which could be attributed to the rigoursnes of FB, are becoming more frequent.

Imagine left side of Burton, Kikau, Mitchell, Addo Carr....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
A cheaper option could be Blake Taafe. He is stuck behind Mitchel & now Nikorima. Not a superstar but has talent.
He's been pretty awful this year. He didn't really offer the Rabbitohs anything from fullback. Nikorima playing over him probably says it all.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings with latrell. He often tends to pop up with a good play or 2 every match but goes missing for long periods. I think he's lazy.
Bro I think his fullback playing days are well over. He is way too big and heavy to be doing the kind of km's you need from a very good fullback. That's why he seems so injury prone and I think thats where his brain snaps stem from too. He is fatigued and does dumb shit. He could still be one of the great centres but he is adamant he is a fullback, and to think he is still only a 24 year old.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro I think his fullback playing days are well over. He is way too big and heavy to be doing the kind of km's you need from a very good fullback. That's why he seems so injury prone and I think thats where his brain snaps stem from too. He is fatigued and does dumb shit. He could still be one of the great centres but he is adamant he is a fullback, and to think he is still only a 24 year old.
I agree with you, Jake is a better fullback, etc.

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is currently on 750K. Can we sign him for 2024 or will it cause salary cap issues. I mean Jackson's and Thomspon's money is $1.4 million together. With $1.4 million we can buy 1 and 7. Also, Stimson and Waddell's money can let us upgrade our juniors.
Please just stop with your pointless posts

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will cost to much + spends half the season on the sideline. On centre money his worth it however it won’t happen.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Without taking the piss bro, he might actually be better value as our #1 than Latrell would.
Even if he has a shocker this week I think it's worth committing to him @ fullback for at least another 6 weeks. If he doesn't show enough then throw Toia in for the final month. All Jake really needs to do now is show energy, commitment and any sort of upside with the ball in hand, things like positioning, kick defusal, etc can be improved on greatly with a full preseason. Maybe send him to Billy for training :tearsofjoy:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if he has a shocker this week I think it's worth committing to him @ fullback for at least another 6 weeks. If he doesn't show enough then throw Toia in for the final month. All Jake really needs to do now is show energy, commitment and any sort of upside with the ball in hand, things like positioning, kick defusal, etc can be improved on greatly with a full preseason. Maybe send him to Billy for training :tearsofjoy:
Whatever happens, Jake showed more than enough last week to be given the number #1 jersey again, AND if he does get given another 6 consecutive weeks I think he'll keep improving and earn that spot. Thing is will they give him the time he deserves there or do a baz and move him around every two weeks lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are such a bandwagon bitch...