Latrell Mitchell

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Don't want to make this thread about how Des or the old administration passed on the opportunity to sign this guy when he was offered to us.
Please lets just speak about this guy's evolution into a game breaking monster and the benefits it will have for NSW if he can dominate the Origin arena.
Can't wait to hear about Origin being a dead and buried concept after 3 straight series wins :D

Hopefully he doesn't take the foot off the pedal and dominates this 2nd half aswell. At this rate it would be considered a rare 10 out of 10 rugby league week performance. Great stuff to watch

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't want to make this thread about how Des or the old administration passed on the opportunity to sign this guy when he was offered to us.
Please lets just speak about this guy's evolution into a game breaking monster and the benefits it will have for NSW if he can dominate the Origin arena.
Can't wait to hear about Origin being a dead and buried concept after 3 straight series wins :D

Hopefully he doesn't take the foot off the pedal and dominates this 2nd half aswell. At this rate it would be considered a rare 10 out of 10 rugby league week performance. Great stuff to watch
He’s 120% awesome!!!

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m going against your opening sediment.
Who the fuck was in charge when Latrell Mitchell trialed at the Dogs and thought he didn’t have the size/athleticism/skill/hunger to recruit?
Fucking flip of the highest order.
Up there with Munster as far as atrocities go.
Major mentions in retention fuckups go to cook and finucane.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FFS here comes this thread again.

The whole issue with us is a strange one and he's never elaborated on what happened. Was he pissed we didn't call and check on Shaquai, or didn't we offer him a full contract?

If we signed every potential hopeful junior we'd be broke.

FACT: He was 15 ..... 1 5 ..... FIFTEEN at the time that happened.
FACT: Knights were offered first crack. He then went (along with brother Shaquai) to trial with the Bulldogs H Matts.

“I trialled with the Newcastle Knights, they didn’t want me,” Mitchell tells foxsports.com.au.
“I don’t know. I was 15 but they had (promising Newcastle half) Brocky Lamb see, so I was going up against him for the five-eighth position. But I don’t know, they just didn’t pick me."

“Then I had an opportunity down here, I went and trialled for the Dogs as well."
“My older brother (Shaquai) was getting looked at, he did his ankle at the time but we didn’t get anything back from Crusher Cleal, no phone call or anything.”

A start with the Central Coast in the Harlold Matts under-16s competition led to a towelling up of the Roosters.
Mitchell’s phone started ringing with the Chooks, Storm and Broncos among others down the line.

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/abfb1da36d840bd5e0ab5139cb128b11

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

The whole issue with us is a strange one and he's never elaborated on what happened. Was he pissed we didn't call and check on Shaquai, or didn't we offer him a full contract?

FACT: Knights were offered first crack. He then went (along with brother Shaquai) to trial with the Bulldogs H Matts.

“I trialled with the Newcastle Knights, they didn’t want me,” Mitchell tells foxsports.com.au.
“I don’t know. I was 15 but they had (promising Newcastle half) Brocky Lamb see, so I was going up against him for the five-eighth position. But I don’t know, they just didn’t pick me."

“Then I had an opportunity down here, I went and trialled for the Dogs as well."
“My older brother (Shaquai) was getting looked at, he did his ankle at the time but we didn’t get anything back from Crusher Cleal, no phone call or anything.”

A start with the Central Coast in the Harlold Matts under-16s competition led to a towelling up of the Roosters.
Mitchell’s phone started ringing with the Chooks, Storm and Broncos among others down the line.

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/abfb1da36d840bd5e0ab5139cb128b11
Yes Of corse Mr I.. but in this case it was HUGE potential missed and If only!! and it’s just a bummer seeing him play and wonder what if... your 100% correct, but it bloody sux is all.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

Fails to read the room *rolls eyes*

Actually read my opening paragraph and you will see its not a ffs this thread again. Just a thread to speak about actual football or are you going to ban that too

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yes Of corse Mr I.. but in this case it was HUGE potential missed and If only!! and it’s just a bummer seeing him play and wonder what if... your 100% correct, but it bloody sux is all.
*rolls eyes again*

At this point I am going to have to fart to blink

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking unstoppable!! Can’t do no wrong.. WOW!!!!!! Does it all and then some.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roosters have the best fullback in the game. The best centre in the game. The best halfback in the game. The 2nd best 6 in the game. This season they have the inform prop in the game in Takieuho.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fails to read the room *rolls eyes*

Actually read my opening paragraph and you will see its not a ffs this thread again. Just a thread to speak about actual football or are you going to ban that too
I was responding to the comment above mine .. just forgot to quote it!!! :kissingheart:

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was responding to the comment above mine .. just forgot to quote it!!! :kissingheart:
You were against my beliefs that we made mistakes in not making genuine attempts to lock up Latrell Mitchel, Cameron Munster, Damien Cook and Dale Finucane?
We are watching different games.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nah I read your initial post, but was replying directly to the one above mine :D

It's like watching a hybrid of Meninga and Inglis without all the walking off the mark and trying to milk penalties and rubbish.
and drink driving and spouse bashing, and murderer brothers... but give it time... that may only develop once at Redfern.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit of a stretch when it was a trial at 15 years old....
Fuck I seen Cameron Smith eat a pie near Bankstown... how the fuck did we let him slip thru the net when he was there with a pie in his hand[emoji849]

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Didnt see him tonight but hea clearly the best player in the world atm imo