News Latest news on Ben Hunt

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pro rata is based on the previous off season aswell which should not be the case as the value of the contract is found in actual game time. Fair enough a contracted multi season deal needs to allow for evenly distributed compensation throughout the off season and season proper alike.

But the pro rata value of any player should only be on the scheduled amount of games in the season minus the byes.
I have no issue with the broncos paying him less, but the fact he’s recorded on their cap at 200k is ludicrous. Guys like Thompson and kikau will play less games for us this year than hunt will at the broncos but their full value is reflected in our cap position.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely there’s some compensation for the Dragons, are Saints getting something in exchange? Feel for them, reminds me when our 2004 stars started breaking contracts and leaving the club for Roosters and France, crippled us for a few years.
I have relos in the Gong and the fans are quickly turning on the Dragons Board about this and the club looking like soft cucks.

Club better get something out of it or else the Board are under threat for sure. Bit of a test for Flanno as well. The club and supporter base already down and a kick in the guts like this is wrong...unless. every stakeholder benefits and happy with the result.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can see hunt having a big sook and citing the mental health card to get his release.

He'll end up paying a fee along with the broncs and he'll be in Brisbane by round 20 imo

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was never going to be an easy and happy divorce. Dragons board will make a messy and tough one but eventually he’ll end up at broncos for this season.. eventually

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can see hunt having a big sook and citing the mental health card to get his release.

He'll end up paying a fee along with the broncs and he'll be in Brisbane by round 20 imo
if I was the dragons then I would get him into rehab or encourage him to retire . I would not release him and get anything out of it .

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was never going to be an easy and happy divorce. Dragons board will make a messy and tough one but eventually he’ll end up at broncos for this season.. eventually
don’t they have by June 30 to get this sorted to change clubs . If they insisting he play this week then he won’t be leaving this year

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
don’t they have by June 30 to get this sorted to change clubs . If they insisting he play this week then he won’t be leaving this year
ah yes you’re right. Maybe they’re playing hard ball for the next few days because I don’t see him playing for St George again though and not sure why the club would want someone who has publicly said he wants to leave and requested a release twice now. It’s just embarrassing. He definitely won’t be there next year, I assume they just don’t want him to join the broncos this year and let him go titans next year

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I were the Dragons, let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season and release him in the summer. They aren't winning games with him anyway.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely there’s some compensation for the Dragons, are Saints getting something in exchange? Feel for them, reminds me when our 2004 stars started breaking contracts and leaving the club for Roosters and France, crippled us for a few years.

Feel for them?

Fuck them and fuck what they did to us in 2009, you think they’d care if this happened to us?

Sink st merge, sink

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It now in August deadline don't know which date