last nights army

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
The Army Experience has been second-to-none. We've all experienced the highs and lows of this year but we always turn out to support the club we love.

The ideas brought on the table this year to add more colour and to create more noise has worked. Handing out those flyers to build upon the army was fantastic, hopefully they witnessed some our performances and want to join in on the act next year in 2010

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anywhere. Don't know about the people a little higher though.
Everyone behind was sitting in their seats.

But I tell you what it was amazing sitting behind you guys. It pumped everyone up behind you too, even the fairweather or not-so-sonfident-with shouting fans joined in.

Even the banners blocking my whole view of the field and screens didn't even phase me last night!

Great job army! The press loves you too, almost as much as you love the cameras :p

afghan4life

Beastwood
Reaction score
what happened to the helmets use were gonna wear
it didnt come up on tv

I

I R Cookie

i couldnt even sit in my own seat that i paid for
same, couldnt even get to our seats in the first place. we had 5 seats but to even find them in the first place was a hassle so we managed to grab 2 seats then then 2 of us sat in the aisle the whole time or squashed on one seat.
then these other idiots at half time (chick with tigers jersey + her friends) thought they'd come n join us even though it was full.
and on top of that, security and police decide to hassle us, mainly harmless lebs like Rexest lollll.

other then that, was still a good night aside from the loss.

Omar just relax and enjoy your trip :grinning:
Just think that we achieved what not many could achieve this year after the wooden spoon. Next year we will be the force.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
from a few bays accross the army looked awesome those whistles party things or whatever they where sounded mad cool

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I could post my own Army related thread, but I'll leave this here for anyone who cares enough to read everything in this thread.

I'm going to tell you my journey into the Army.

→ 7 years of discontent. A GrandFinal backs-against-the-wall win !

→ The infectious spread of opportunistic types around the club, who took the money and ran, at the expense of heritage and tradition.

→ The "earned" Wooden Spoon.

After that I'd had enough. I had my mind made up that in 2009, I'd 'attend' more games and do my bit to support the players. I had crazy ideas of starting chants that would be heard by players, pumps them up, forces an opposition mistake that leads to the winning try ..... that sort of w@nky stuff.

I wanted to be seen on TV, and make the fans in hiding at home go ":grinning: - that dude's having a good time !"

So my brother got a membership, and all of a sudden I'm coming to Manly Rd1 to sit "with the Army" ! Never met any of them. Wasn't gonna let that stop me from being seen.

What happened in the next 80mins lit a fuse inside me that will last for years to come !

I donated a chant in the suggestions thread which got sung out at the game "They're purple. They're white. They give the chicks a fright. Manly ! Manly !", and the first time I heard it, I saw 25 people laugh, and we hadn't even kicked off.

Commanding a crowd that size is a bit like drugs - You get addicted.
Knowing you can influence some supporters is such a good feeling especially when it makes them smile !

I got thinking after the Penrith game (and the last minute bromancing on the hill), that the price you pay for your ticket, seems so much cheaper when you're having a good time.

And with that : The lightbulb went off.

All of a sudden, it absolutely DID NOT MATTER whether we won or lost anymore. The reason I decided to come regularly, was to enjoy the company of those who enjoy some fun, and in the process help create some of my own, add to excitement and possibly even convince others to join.

The more I go, the more it seems to work.
It's become effortless now : Just come, and bring some fun !

I want to leave this in your minds regarding 2009.

In 2009, the Bulldogs Army have re-established themselves as a noisy, colourful and relentless nuisance to the opposition teams and fans - An excellent result !

People are openly admitting they are unsatisfied with their more expensive seats, and WANT to join us because they feel like they're 'missing out' on fun !

We have a dedicated hardcore crew behind the scenes (which I'm throwing my full support beind next year to tak us o the next level). We all talk, chat, exchange ideas in an unselfish manner for the benefit of a greater cause ! 2010 shapes as EVEN BIGGER. There'll be travel interstate, and a myriad of other Army related activities. So keep an eye out for Discussion therads and requests for ideas early next year.

To the regulars in the Kennel, with the Army and those on here who've shared laughs - Thank You all for opening your hearts and minds to my antics, and adopting me into the family.

I simply CANNOT be disappointed in the year we had.
Both on the field, and in the stands.

We have our reputations back.
We have our heritage back.
We have our integrity back.
And along the way, we scooped the pool at the Dally M's and damn near took out both the Minor Prem and the GF !

Our club has set the example for how clubs should be run.

It'll be MY personal duty to ensure the Army continues to grow with the same ideals and ethics our club has. I want us to be funnest, loudest, singingest Army in the entire NRL !

If you want on board - Just look for a stoopid hat to show you the way.
Chances are it's me under it ! :D

Shawty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I could post my own Army related thread, but I'll leave this here for anyone who cares enough to read everything in this thread.

I'm going to tell you my journey into the Army.

→ 7 years of discontent. A GrandFinal backs-against-the-wall win !

→ The infectious spread of opportunistic types around the club, who took the money and ran, at the expense of heritage and tradition.

→ The "earned" Wooden Spoon.

After that I'd had enough. I had my mind made up that in 2009, I'd 'attend' more games and do my bit to support the players. I had crazy ideas of starting chants that would be heard by players, pumps them up, forces an opposition mistake that leads to the winning try ..... that sort of w@nky stuff.

I wanted to be seen on TV, and make the fans in hiding at home go ":grinning: - that dude's having a good time !"

So my brother got a membership, and all of a sudden I'm coming to Manly Rd1 to sit "with the Army" ! Never met any of them. Wasn't gonna let that stop me from being seen.

What happened in the next 80mins lit a fuse inside me that will last for years to come !

I donated a chant in the suggestions thread which got sung out at the game "They're purple. They're white. They give the chicks a fright. Manly ! Manly !", and the first time I heard it, I saw 25 people laugh, and we hadn't even kicked off.

Commanding a crowd that size is a bit like drugs - You get addicted.
Knowing you can influence some supporters is such a good feeling especially when it makes them smile !

I got thinking after the Penrith game (and the last minute bromancing on the hill), that the price you pay for your ticket, seems so much cheaper when you're having a good time.

And with that : The lightbulb went off.

All of a sudden, it absolutely DID NOT MATTER whether we won or lost anymore. The reason I decided to come regularly, was to enjoy the company of those who enjoy some fun, and in the process help create some of my own, add to excitement and possibly even convince others to join.

The more I go, the more it seems to work.
It's become effortless now : Just come, and bring some fun !

I want to leave this in your minds regarding 2009.

In 2009, the Bulldogs Army have re-established themselves as a noisy, colourful and relentless nuisance to the opposition teams and fans - An excellent result !

People are openly admitting they are unsatisfied with their more expensive seats, and WANT to join us because they feel like they're 'missing out' on fun !

We have a dedicated hardcore crew behind the scenes (which I'm throwing my full support beind next year to tak us o the next level). We all talk, chat, exchange ideas in an unselfish manner for the benefit of a greater cause ! 2010 shapes as EVEN BIGGER. There'll be travel interstate, and a myriad of other Army related activities. So keep an eye out for Discussion therads and requests for ideas early next year.

To the regulars in the Kennel, with the Army and those on here who've shared laughs - Thank You all for opening your hearts and minds to my antics, and adopting me into the family.

I simply CANNOT be disappointed in the year we had.
Both on the field, and in the stands.

We have our reputations back.
We have our heritage back.
We have our integrity back.
And along the way, we scooped the pool at the Dally M's and damn near took out both the Minor Prem and the GF !

Our club has set the example for how clubs should be run.

It'll be MY personal duty to ensure the Army continues to grow with the same ideals and ethics our club has. I want us to be funnest, loudest, singingest Army in the entire NRL !

If you want on board - Just look for a stoopid hat to show you the way.
Chances are it's me under it ! :D
Great post mate, Im a bronco fan and was watching the game last night at the pub with some mate's and the size and passion of that crowd (mostly bulldogs supporters) was amazing, its what rugby league is all about. The Bulldogs have rebuilt themselves into the best club they can be and will come very close to the title next year. The players love playing for the club the club is run great, what more could you want as a fan. All Bulldog supporters should be very proud of what their boys have accomplished for them this year. Just wish the Broncos had a group like the kennel that was just as passionate and loud.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Good effort by all of us yesterday but i am felling it today. My voice is totally gone (cause Ryde lost his voice during the game myself and a couple others had to step up and get the chants going), i tried my hardest, was getting up on my seat and turning around and starting chants trying to rally everyone but i think late in that 2nd half everyone was gutted.

We had a great time this year and we will be even bigger and better in 2010 and beyond, thanks everyone for a great season.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When do 2010 membership packages go on sale?

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the deal with the kennel/army?

Do you open up your arms to anyone and want more people to come, or are you weird about new noobs wanting to join in? lol :o

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Have not even slept yet.

Massive headaches, no voice and my body feels ****ed.

Great effort all year, its been great to a part of the army this year as it has been great. We all have been on this journey and Cant wait till it starts again next year.
The huddle after the game was the best feeling, everyone just stood and watched us rip in. Its passion.
tbh this was my favourite part of the night...it's like the result didnt matter but like you said it was all passion :grinning:...great year all round...was good to meet some new faces and i seriously thank you all for a great year...btw to the hektiks that troll around our army....**** off we dont want you with us

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score

Do you open up your arms to anyone and want more people to come, or are you weird about new noobs wanting to join in? lol :o
LOL - Yeah, it's a bit of both.

Often what happens is (and aloow me to generalise for a second) some young hektiks come along aged 15-20 in a group of 4-12. They stand near us because we're visible, and as you correctly asserted earlier, we are undeniably, camera-whores !

At this point - I have no issue. But they usually dont introduce themselevs to anyone, and start banging on drums without notice, for no reason, and make some mish-mash of what we're trying to do.

"Hey bro ... we're in the Army, lek !"
* boom, boom .... boom .. boom, boom, boom*

I'd prefer they come up to someone they've recognised from earlier games and go ..... "Hi Bro, my names Eddie and these are my boys. Who do we talk to about learning your chants ? Are you a leader of this group ? How did you get your banners made ? How much does a flag like that one cost to make ?"

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
but unfortunately kickass everyon that goes to games isnt always there to watch the footy like we are...and its always these idiots that make our club and supporters make us have a bad reputation

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
but unfortunately kickass everyon that goes to games isnt always there to watch the footy like we are...and its always these idiots that make our club and supporters make us have a bad reputation
True dat. Still ... I have a smile on, and I welcome everybody who asks for directions or says Hello to me first.

I tell everyone about this and Costa's sites !

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wasn't with the army but i do wanna say, everyone who left after the eels 4th try is a farken soft ****

how can you leave with 8 and half minutes to go in a 2 try game ? stranger things have happened, eels fans showed more respect to haz at the end then the dogs fan, he got a big cheer from everyone but half the dogs fans had already gone like they didn't care a club legend was playing his last game

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score

what do you mean?

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a random thought (not necessarily a good thing with me).

But anyway, what if we liaise with the Club so that:

When people buy season tickets to the Kennel, they get a special flyer with their tickets, encouraging those people to introduce themselves to certain 'respectable' army members (eg Costa, Hani, Rami, CK).

Those allegedly 'respectable' members can then encourage them to join in with the chants and let them know about Costa's website etc. Also let them know about what banners we already have, and any tips we have for making banners etc etc. (They can also discourage behaviour that we are not fond of.)

Maybe include a sheet of chants - we might have to clean up a few of the chants so the Club can sanction them.

Thoughts? :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.