Lamb Wants Hodkinson Loyalty (Big League Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
It would be a mistake to keep hokko at the expense of Mbye. Not saying Mbye will be better or whatever but these are tough decisions and gambles the club needs to make for the long term success of the club.

I don't know how good Mbye will be. He could be a beast or another Ben Roberts, but I'm prepared to let hokko walk for the mbye gamble.

Mbye can also be the face of the club. He is mature, intelligent and well spoken. Hokko has a bad ass vanilla ice haircut and busted knees.
Funny to think how there are those who still think Hodko brings any sort of value to the team. I really can't see the team winning a comp any time soon with him play half back.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like we're stuck with useless for a while. Let's hope we don't lose Mbye as a result.
Im completely stumped how absolute gun players in their own right as halves ...like Lamb and Daley have any time for Hodkinson.

I hope the hell he plays hard ball and goes elsewhere. Otherwise I have a really nasty feeling that Manly will make an offer to Mybe that he cant refuse. For goodness sake, if Manly want Hodko, let them have him. Hodko is testing the market? Really? What dream world does this guy live in. Us winning or losing club games has had nothing to do with him from Origin onwards last year.

I have a theory, call it warped but maybe, just maybe Hodko doesnt bother to watch back the bulldogs games to see his performance. If he did hed quickly accept whatever money was offered because on his form since Origin last year hes not worth 2 bob. We all know that but neither he nor Des seem to know it.

If we lose Mybe over this guy most Dogs fans who are still trying to get over the fact we couldnt fit JT under the cap from 2005 will be absolutely gutted.

Credit where credit is due, the most vocal opponents of Hodko have been an Immortal in Joey and an Almost Immortal in Fittler. Neither of them have any time whatsoever for Hodko.

Last point of Lamb saying hes not a flashy player but leads the team around the park....does he?....just like he instructed us to take the FG in Origin 1 eh? He was in position but was overruled by Farah and a Pearce brain explosion...or passing to Jennings on the last tackle with nowhere to go?

Please Hodko go somewhere else. Please Baa LET HIM GO.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hodkinson is having a shocker year, while he still has the M&J chicken jersey on he will need support.

BushDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im completely stumped how absolute gun players in their own right as halves ...like Lamb and Daley have any time for Hodkinson.

Last point of Lamb saying hes not a flashy player but leads the team around the park....does he?....just like he instructed us to take the FG in Origin 1 eh? He was in position but was overruled by Farah and a Pearce brain explosion...or passing to Jennings on the last tackle with nowhere to go?

Fair points mate. Don't wanna argue with ya, but Trent was in position for a field goal twice. I'm sure they would have practiced for that situation plenty of times at training, but Farah is the one that passed to Pearce then to Dugan. Farahs been known to go for the glory himself I don't know how many times in his career and over rule plays to suit himself that sometimes work, but more than often don't. Ask Tommy Raudonikis haha.
Not defending his form or spot in the team at all, just don't think the missed field goal/ no field goal was Trents fault.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I hope the hell he plays hard ball and goes elsewhere. Otherwise I have a really nasty feeling that Manly will make an offer to Mybe that he cant refuse. For goodness sake, if Manly want Hodko, let them have him. Hodko is testing the market? Really? What dream world does this guy live in. Us winning or losing club games has had nothing to do with him from Origin onwards last year.

I have a theory, call it warped but maybe, just maybe Hodko doesnt bother to watch back the bulldogs games to see his performance. If he did hed quickly accept whatever money was offered because on his form since Origin last year hes not worth 2 bob. We all know that but neither he nor Des seem to know it.

If we lose Mybe over this guy most Dogs fans who are still trying to get over the fact we couldnt fit JT under the cap from 2005 will be absolutely gutted.

Credit where credit is due, the most vocal opponents of Hodko have been an Immortal in Joey and an Almost Immortal in Fittler. Neither of them have any time whatsoever for Hodko.

While i agree entirely with this post about Hodkinson being let go, i wouldn't blame Origin on Hodkinson, Farah is a complete douche of a player and remember he tried to take credit for Hodkinson scoring that try in Origin 1 last year "I saw a gap and passed to Hodko"

He's the dummy half and its his responsibility to get the ball to his halfback, but instead he tries a hero play. Hodkinson has been terrible all year but Farah's gigantic ego has been apparent since the beginning of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.