News Lachlan Lewis to take charge from Kieran Foran

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/07...chlan-lewis-to-take-charge-from-kieran-foran/

The Prince of Belmore is poised to claim the throne in 2019, with youngster Lachlan Lewis planning to take over Canterbury's chief playmaking duties from marquee man Kieran Foran.

Foran outranks Lewis by 176 NRL games, a premiership, 21 Tests for New Zealand and a sizeable amount of salary, but it is the precocious 22-year-old set to guide a rebooted Bulldogs attack around the paddock in 2019.

Lewis rose beyond his headline-grabbing relation to Immortal uncle Wally in an otherwise forgettable 2018 Canterbury campaign, starring across the second half of the season while Foran was on ice with a toe injury.

The former Kiwi skipper is fighting to prove his fitness and standing as one of the game's elite halves, forged during a golden period with Manly when he and Daly Cherry-Evans steered the Sea Eagles' ship to a 2011 title and an annual finals outing.

Despite boasting only nine games to his famous surname, Lewis is sizing himself up as the playmaking foil to Foran's once undeniable running game just as Cherry-Evans once did.

tapped on the shoulder by the besieged Bulldogs, told he could explore other options as his exclusion from the club's top 30 made a Telstra Premiership debut unlikely.

Now he's emerged out the other side of facing his own rugby league mortality, Lewis has "a lot less anxiety" to confront as his life gathers steam on and off the field.

Having married over the off-season, he and his wife Steph are expecting a baby girl in late May, with their new bub set to double as a model for the pair's expanding babywear business Parker & Co.

With an upgraded Canterbury deal shoring up his future until the end of 2020, Lewis is setting his sights on a couple of the game's bigger prizes.

"Last year I wanted to play first and now it's about setting goals where I'll achieve the most," he says.

"It's not how many games I'll play, how many wins. I want to take the team, if I can, to the finals.

"And with no timeline here, I want to play State of Origin. As you can sense with my family that's a huge thing.

"Finals is this year. Especially being an underdog I'd love that."

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems the club are worried about Foran playing the whole season, so they would rather Lewis be the dominant half from the outset.

Looks like Cogger misses out for now....

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Loving this guys drive & positive attitude & the fact he & the whole team realise we're not favoured to reach the finals.They'll have a "We'll show you *****" attitude & that determination will go along way in helping us play finals footy...GO THE MIGHTY DOGGIES!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/07...chlan-lewis-to-take-charge-from-kieran-foran/

The Prince of Belmore is poised to claim the throne in 2019, with youngster Lachlan Lewis planning to take over Canterbury's chief playmaking duties from marquee man Kieran Foran.

Foran outranks Lewis by 176 NRL games, a premiership, 21 Tests for New Zealand and a sizeable amount of salary, but it is the precocious 22-year-old set to guide a rebooted Bulldogs attack around the paddock in 2019.

Lewis rose beyond his headline-grabbing relation to Immortal uncle Wally in an otherwise forgettable 2018 Canterbury campaign, starring across the second half of the season while Foran was on ice with a toe injury.

The former Kiwi skipper is fighting to prove his fitness and standing as one of the game's elite halves, forged during a golden period with Manly when he and Daly Cherry-Evans steered the Sea Eagles' ship to a 2011 title and an annual finals outing.

Despite boasting only nine games to his famous surname, Lewis is sizing himself up as the playmaking foil to Foran's once undeniable running game just as Cherry-Evans once did.

tapped on the shoulder by the besieged Bulldogs, told he could explore other options as his exclusion from the club's top 30 made a Telstra Premiership debut unlikely.

Now he's emerged out the other side of facing his own rugby league mortality, Lewis has "a lot less anxiety" to confront as his life gathers steam on and off the field.

Having married over the off-season, he and his wife Steph are expecting a baby girl in late May, with their new bub set to double as a model for the pair's expanding babywear business Parker & Co.

With an upgraded Canterbury deal shoring up his future until the end of 2020, Lewis is setting his sights on a couple of the game's bigger prizes.

"Last year I wanted to play first and now it's about setting goals where I'll achieve the most," he says.

"It's not how many games I'll play, how many wins. I want to take the team, if I can, to the finals.

"And with no timeline here, I want to play State of Origin. As you can sense with my family that's a huge thing.

"Finals is this year. Especially being an underdog I'd love that."
Good stuff, the best from the Prince is yet to come. His enthusiasm alone is enough for me. “it’s not how many games I’ll play, how many wins. How’s that for a mongrel attitude. Love it. His enthusiasm has already spread through out the team. The doggies this year will be surprising a lot of teams and doggies supporters. Everyone has written us off. Can’t wait bring it on.. go you doggies.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Foran has never been a 7 or chief playmaker so it’s good for him and a show of faith for Lewis to lead us. Cooger to stay in NSW cup thank God.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok then, guve us $600,000 of your contract back Kieran.

Weak. As. Piss.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1: Let him perform to expectations with no dramas on or of the field.
2: If he performs to expectations with no dramas on or of the field, KEEP HIM IN THE BLUE AND WHITE!!!!!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok then, guve us $600,000 of your contract back Kieran.
Weak. As. Piss.
So if you were to get injured at work you'd give back all of your pay for the year? You would refuse to collect the workers comp insurance? You and your family would live on air for the year?

Somehow I'm having trouble seeing it.

Go Dogs

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We didn't do our "Due dilligance" on Foran when we signed him...
Greenberg should fine us...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We didn't do our "Due dilligance" on Foran when we signed him...
Greenberg should fine us...
I’d love to know if they even gave him a fitness check before signing him up.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran is back to his running game its all about his body holding up now as to whether he has a good year

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d love to know if they even gave him a fitness check before signing him up.
You would like to think so but with the rubbish the last administration dished up I would say probably not. More than likely “His my mate he’ll be right “

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally I'd worry about a kid this green getting so much attention and expectation thrown at him so early but I don't think it fazes him one bit.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Normally I'd worry about a kid this green getting so much attention and expectation thrown at him so early but I don't think it fazes him one bit.
He seems to like it

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would like to think so but with the rubbish the last administration dished up I would say probably not. More than likely “His my mate he’ll be right “
I don’t think it was even that. Des and Dib wanted him so bad they didn’t care what condition he was in.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering Foran was targeted dramatically last yr because he was the chief playmaker and the fact Lewis can deal with the extra attention its a great move. Free up Foran and hopefully he can do the damage he initially was brought over to do.

Foran short to CHN please.