Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's below average, he's a solid enough run-of-the-mill club half-back and better than nothing, but certainly no steve Mortimer, Sterling, or Geoff Toovey, and those guys are VERY hard to find.
Flanagan's a dud and one of if not the worst halfback in the NRL (same with Waddell @ second row, the last 2 duds remaining in our team). We need to be playing kids with potential over him, e.g. new kid or Rajab. It doesn't matter if they're 6's (2 teams have showed can play with 2 6's anyways) because Flanagan sets the bar so low that anything would be better. Reynolds would even be better. Our teams better this year so we can carry him easier than past years but if we want the highest chance to make the 8 Flanagan can't be 7.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He sucks and I can’t wait for his ass to be out of here. I also have huge suspicions he was telling Fox league aka Daddy Flanagan lies and bullshit whilst the club had moved away from him during the end of 2021 and last pre season like the drone thing and made up all other bullshit just so the media could feel sorry for him to which they did countless times whilst he was dropped.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We shall see in the first few round and I'm sure if there's no improvements Gus will release him or won't re-sign him.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I doubt he will be re-signed, If he starts the year well he might get a 1 year extension, to give some of the younger options time to develop
He'll have to play well to keep a top 30 spot for 2024.
Even if Flanagan improves, which he probably will, the younger guys will be improving even faster. Maybe too fast for Flanagan.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'll have to play well to keep a top 30 spot for 2024.
Even if Flanagan improves, which he probably will, the younger guys will be improving even faster. Maybe too fast for Flanagan.
All it might take is for Flanno to get injured and 1 of the young blokes may seal his fate

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kyle is in his mid 20s and has played 60+ first grade games he should be well established by now. He does not need this type of coaching this is what you do with young players yet to debut or have played less than 20 games.
we have a big enough sample size on Kyle to confirm he’s below average
His first full first grade season (Roosters) wasn't bad, you'd give it a pass for a young player.. obviously it wasn't what the Roosters wanted, but for mine the last couple of seasons haven't really been great for many of our players.. we haven't had great coaching, we haven't been as fit as the other clubs, we haven't had enough marquee players mixed in with young/average players.. As far as I'm aware, he didn't even train much with the first grade squad for last year.. he played a bit better under Potter but I honestly think he will surprise a few people this year.. Ciraldo is leaving no stone unturned, and both halves will have the luxury of playing off Reed.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taking a list of names now, the receipts are coming when the Gun fires. Humble pie for 2023.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The banter is going to be peak! Bring on season 2023.

Reynolds haters already in the mud. Next up the Flanagan haters.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Found Flanno’s burner account
I've been inspired by Flanagun's impassioned defense of Elliott some time ago.

We need some love for the number 7.

Agent Shane Flanagan will help us out vs Manly. They will throw all their energy into shutting down Burton, while the Gun is unholstered firing at a will.