Official Kyle Flanagan signs 3 year deal

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of him. But he was very hyped up in the lower grade game I saw him play. I don't know if that hype was justified by his past performance or not.

In short I'm not going to write him off or get hugely excited about having him here just yet. I'll keep my hopes high and expectations low. It's good that we're not paying huge money for a bit of potential though. Looking at the rumours that guys like Ash Taylor and a few others are on North of 800k.a season, even if Flanagan doesn't become a star, it's not like we're paying huge dollars like we did with Mbye who just decided to coast once he was put on a big money deal. I'll add Flanagan to the trio of young prospects we have that need to prove themselves in the halves. Welcome to the club Flano.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On radio early afternoon $1200 million over 3 years,with roosters to pay $100k in 2021,apparently the sharks offered similar money,but because his father is apparently on the nose there,he took the dogs offer,good signing for us.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No more crazy Lewis passes with Flanagan in the side. Has an accurate bullet pass and will be a very good goal kicker for us. My feeling about him this year was that he needed to take the line on more and show more enthusiasm to control the game but it must have been hard with other key players like Keary, Friend and Tedesco being so much more experienced and demanding control.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any kind of humour is better than pages full of guessing who will sign with us and what salaries people are on. And when I see the chance to make a cheap joke I feel like I have to take it.
Party on dude and keep the humor coming. A serious kennel is a boring kennel :grinning:

I think this best sums up season 2020 for us:

The Bulldogs are making a help line available for fans who are disappointed with their team's recent performance. The help line number is 0800 10 10 10. That's 0800 won nothing won nothing won nothing. :tonguewink: A disgruntled Bronco organization is set to do the same :grinning:

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give it a rest Steve whether he guessed or he did get the good oil he was Correct.
how was he correct? it was in the paper and on twitter before he posted it.
he said he signed last thursday and he has not signed as yet.
so explain how he is correct? any niff nuff could have made up what he said but he was wrong

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kyle Flanagan has joined the Canterbury revolution - signing a three-year deal from next season.
The talented halfback put pen to paper on his deal with the Bulldogs on Monday after receiving a formal release from the final year of his contract in 2021 with the Sydney Roosters.

Flanagan’s junior club Cronulla held discussions with the 22-year-old and subsequently tabled an offer last week, but the Sharks failed to match the $1 million-plus deal from Canterbury.

With playmakers Shaun Johnson, Connor Tracey and Matt Moylan off-contract at the end of 2021, Sharks legend Paul Gallen had been vocal in declaring the signature of Flanagan was an “investment in the future” for the club.

But it’s the Bulldogs who pursued Flanagan with force and under coach Trent Barrett, a former Test and NSW State of Origin half, the playmaker believes his game can go to the next level.

Barrett has a huge opinion of Flanagan, who was let go by the Roosters despite helping the club to week two of the finals in his first season with the tricolours.

Canterbury are expected to formally announce Flanagan’s signing on Tuesday.

Major factors in his release from the Roosters included salary cap pressure and the rise of young Sam Walker.

As part of the release, the Roosters will contribute close to $100,000 for Flanagan’s first season at the Dogs.

Barrett, who has worked with Nathan Cleary as the Penrith attack coach for the past 12-months, believes Flanagan has a similar skill-set to the NSW Origin halfback and is 12-18-months away from his full physical development.

Flanagan will be given the responsibility of steering Canterbury the club out of the doldrums alongside a growing list of key signings including Nick Cotric, Jack Hetherington, Corey Waddell and Blake Green also part of the rebuild.

With Flanagan secured, Barrett will now switch his focus to luring rising Penrith five-eighth Matt Burton, who is off-contract at the end of 2021 at the Panthers, but can negotiate with rival clubs from November - this Sunday.
The rebuild begins
Position after position
1 Allen
2 Addo-carr
3 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
9 Grant / Smith / Clarke
10 Hetherington
12 Waddell

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how was he correct? it was in the paper and on twitter before he posted it.
he said he signed last thursday and he has not signed as yet.
so explain how he is correct? any niff nuff could have made up what he said but he was wrong
Why are you arguing* with dick heads fan boys LOLLL Let them live in their little bubble and masterbate over one another

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish him all the best but jeez I’m hardly expecting much! He’s just not that good.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Original article has been updated with a further paragraph:

Flanagan messaged the Roosters players on Monday to thank them for their support throughout the past 12-months.

In a text message to The Daily Telegraph, Flanagan confirmed his move to Belmore by writing: “The opportunity to work with Trent (Barrett) is what appeals to me most with him being a former representative half.

“Everyone can see the direction of which the Bulldogs are heading with the players they already have and the ones they’ve recruited and I’m honoured to be a part of it.

“I’m looking forward to the next chapter with such a proud club and the lure of leading this football team around the park is something I can’t wait for.”