Official Kyle Flanagan signs 3 year deal

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You left out him rorting the terms of his first ban to be banned again! He’s like TK’s resident troll, keeps pushing the boundaries and...boom...banned :-).

But I agree a happy and settled "The Flange" is what we need and that apparently wasn’t going to happen at the Sharks, also courtesy of Shane.
Bloody Typos.. all good DD I sorted it. :tonguewink:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t worry DD Shane knows there is history back in the Shire,
He actually did what is best for Kyle by bringing him to Belmore and having Trent coach him.
A fresh start with no luggage.
That’s good mate. I’ve got no problem with redemption if it’s fair dinkum. With Shane I’m just not sure leopards change their spots...

I do like at 22 Kyle saying he wants to be a leader. Well spoken, articulate, footy talent and some fire in the belly - we may have scored a real winner here and haven’t paid over the odds either (allegedly).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s good mate. I’ve got no problem with redemption if it’s fair dinkum. With Shane I’m just not sure leopards change their spots...

I do like at 22 Kyle saying he wants to be a leader. Well spoken, articulate, footy talent and some fire in the belly - we may have scored a real winner here and haven’t paid over the odds either (allegedly).
Im with you DD, excited and welcome Kyle with open arms but very wary about papa Flanagan. I still believe Kyle not being at the Sharks also has a lot to do with the Sharks coming out and saying that Shane doesn’t have a coaching future there anymore even if Morris was to be replaced. I think he might be dirty with the club and so Kyle was never an option to go back there. Being Kyles manager you’re bound to always see him around now though so ...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If he isn’t performing well his kennel salary will be about 750k

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You left out him rorting the terms of his first ban to be banned again! He’s like TK’s resident troll, keeps pushing the boundaries and...boom...banned :-).

But I agree a happy and settled Kyle is what we need and that apparently wasn’t going to happen at the Sharks, also courtesy of Shane.
How did I forget that...
I just wonder did Shane interfere in Kyle's playing affairs at the Rorters, if he did I hope he has learnt not to repeat it at the Bulldogs !

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im with you DD, excited and welcome Kyle with open arms but very wary about papa Flanagan. I still believe Kyle not being at the Sharks also
Has a lot to do with the Sharks coming out and saying that Shane doesn’t have a coaching future even if Morris was to be replaced. I think he might be dirty with the club and so Kyle was never an option to go back there. Being Kyles manager you’re bound to always see him around now though so ...
Realistically if the club thinks his old man is sticking his nose in when it’s not warranted it’s a pretty easy fix. You quietly drag him aside and tell him to shut his pie hole or we punt his son.

I get that people are worried but there is very little chance it will be an issue. Player managers always put shit on clubs. Flanno senior is Kyles manager so of course he will be involved to some extent.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still believe Kyle not being at the Sharks also has a lot to do with the Sharks coming out and saying that Shane doesn’t have a coaching future there anymore
Won't post it here, but there's a thread over at the Chookpen suggesting that Kyle's desire to be eventually coached by his father was one of the reasons he is no longer there.

That could be just salty Rorters rubbish, though.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Realistically if the club thinks his old man is sticking his nose in when it’s not warranted it’s a pretty easy fix. You quietly drag him aside and tell him to shut his pie hole or we punt his son.

I get that people are worried but there is very little chance it will be an issue. Player managers always put shit on clubs. Flanno senior is Kyles manager so of course he will be involved to some extent.
you would think being a coach that flannigan knows the boundries.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big Flange / Little Flange?
Papa Flange / Baby Flange?
Pope Flange / Prodigy Flange?
Old Flange, young Flange, smooth Flange wrinkly Flange, hairy Flange bold Flange, so many choices but there is only one "The Flange" and he is OUR no7 for the next 3 years. 8-)

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would think being a coach that flannigan knows the boundries.
Yep agreed. But he is also kyles agent so it’s a bit blurry.

Him interfering would only be as likely as any other player manager. Maybe even less so considering he would put his son first over some extra commission.

Look at John Batemans manager last year. Fished for an upgrade grand final week. Same with Jarome Hughes manager this year. Don’t give a fuck about the player. Just want more commission.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck yea, just read this an then came straight to the kennel, I’m pretty pumped for this signing, this shits exciting... TBAZ is LEGEND.!!!

great positive stuff doggies.!!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’m more than happy to have him also on board,
He is very well spoken and down to earth, Kyle has reached first grade on his own merits contrary to what some people might think.
Played in an outstanding junior team learning his trade.