doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kennel offical mann to lock will definitely help halves

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worth a try. We need some (effective)direction.
IMO, privately CC does acknowledge the importance of having a better and more effective directions but has no choice but pick Burton at 5/8...
The question is how long must the team suffer from Burton's inability to perform as a 5/8 ?
I believe Burton should be open minded by playing where he is best at serving the team for now, then when the team is better settled and he gains more skills I am all for moving him back there,

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, privately CC does acknowledge the importance of having a better and more effective directions but has no choice but pick Burton at 5/8...
The question is how long must the team suffer from Burton's inability to perform as a there as a 5/8 ?
I believe Burton should be open minded by playing where he is best at serving the team for now, then when the team is better settled and he gains more skills I am all for moving him back there,
I think the focus needs to be on ineffective forwards rather than always blaming Burton. Give him some alpha props around him and a decent half back and then let's see how he performs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The question is how long must the team suffer from Burton's inability to perform as a there as a 5/8 ?
It's a combination of a few different problems atm.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the focus needs to be on ineffective forwards rather than always blaming Burton. Give him some alpha props around him and a decent half back and then let's see how he performs
One golden rule in sport, you always play to your own strength !
Our props aren't world beaters but we have been in a similar situations before and overcome them, most notable when we lost our team to Newtown at the end of 1978,
With a reserve grade team small and weak pack of forwards but armed by the halves Steve Mortimer and Gary Hughes and coached by Ted Glossip we became the entertainers, does our halves resemble any like those two greats ?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a combination of a few different problems atm.
Absolutely, I have nothing but admirations for Burton, but he is still learning as a 5/8, not having a leading halfback is hindering his progress...
I know we need to persevere in forming combinations, if we are to keep him there, Sexton is the more creative 7.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mann is doing the job he already has and doing well. Why move him.
Sexton to come in for hutch is what we need to do. And whoever says sexton can’t even mark his centre bla bla. He’s not meant to mark the centre he’s defending inside perham and co I’m confident he’d be better when defending inside presto and kiraz
Bring in Sexton for Hutch and if Critta isn’t moved to fb (to get more involved and give us a bigger back 5) then play him at right centre to be Sexy’s bodyguard. Critta is more of a weapon on the right as hej ams in and nails blokes.

I fully believe we have the players to have a good season but we have to find the right balance. I think after two games we can put a line through Salmon. Mann and Curran add more. Taaffe is another option at 7 but he’s nowhere near good enough for fullback.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He should stay at lock interchanging with Curran.

Ciro needs to make a decision on Salmon/Morrin or another Forward.
I think that’s hurting us having Morrin and Mann on the bench. It was exacerbated on Friday night after losing Poasa early. Just not enough size in the middle atm. We actually did really for 60mins

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think that’s hurting us having Morrin and Mann on the bench. It was exacerbated on Friday night after losing Poasa early. Just not enough size in the middle atm.
It's intentional from Ciraldo. King has only played 42 and 44 minutes during our opening 2 games. Meanwhile we have both Salmon and Mann playing bigger minutes. At one point we had Salmon, Mann and Morrin on together....I don't know wtf he's smoking

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's intentional from Ciraldo. King has only played 42 and 44 minutes during our opening 2 games. Meanwhile we have both Salmon and Mann playing bigger minutes. At one point we had Salmon, Mann and Morrin on together....I don't know wtf he's smoking
It would just be based off the back of who put in hardest in preseason and he’s rewarded them with spot in the 17. He’ll definitely have to change it up soon. I know Morrin would do all the right things at training and during the week but we can’t afford to carry him at the moment IMO.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crack

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's just not a good coach.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would just be based off the back of who put in hardest in preseason and he’s rewarded them with spot in the 17. He’ll definitely have to change it up soon. I know Morrin would do all the right things at training and during the week but we can’t afford to carry him at the moment IMO.
I understand the notion training hard and get rewarded for your efforts. However, that mentality has not worked for CC. He persisted with Perham and there is a possibility he may do the same with Salmon, Hutch and Taaffe.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand the notion training hard and get rewarded for your efforts. However, that mentality has not worked for CC. He persisted with Perham and there is a possibility he may do the same with Salmon, Hutch and Taaffe.
He has a few more options than last year so I’m confident he’ll make some changes soon. He’ll have a forced change this week with Poasa out but he’ll have to make a decision on Taffe if Fox is back. I thought Tracey was solid considering he had a really limited preseason.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be burning out King or Hughes either.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that’s hurting us having Morrin and Mann on the bench. It was exacerbated on Friday night after losing Poasa early. Just not enough size in the middle atm. We actually did really for 60mins
Once Patolo/Knight/Sutto/Tetz/Fafita are ready i'd be shocked if we see Salmon/Morrin and Mann in the same team.

The line-up and mins played are obviously based on whose available.

Last edited: