Kurt Mann is so underrated

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh 100%!!

I said yesterday i will not be happy unless we hit 30 but with 15 or 20 to go i said shit we should be hitting close to 50 thats how bad they were.

We were also still very clunky and they were offering nothing in attack as well as defense.

The only thing I was happy with was our line-speed but I wasnt at the game to see if we were offside and think the refs were just letting it slide to make up for last week. After watching the Parra game today, I reckon we would've got slaughtered with offside calls on another day.

Im as nervous next week as I was round 1... Big game and Im nervous because it will give us a proper chance to gauge us.
How many times did we cross the line though couple of those were close. Our attack has a lot of improvement to come same as defence they should scored opening minute.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many times did we cross the line though couple of those were close. Our attack has a lot of improvement to come same as defence they should scored opening minute.
True and the game could have been anything if they did.. We also never scored a point with 15min to go and considering how on top we were we should have scored easily a couple more tries.

Hopefully the boys dont get ahead of themselves and know they cant put their heads down if they feel like they regressed this week. It will be a much tougher game.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True and the game could have been anything if they did.. We also never scored a point with 15min to go and considering how on top we were we should have scored easily a couple more tries.

Hopefully the boys dont get ahead of themselves and know they cant put their heads down if they feel like they regressed this week. It will be a much tougher game.
Hoping CC is looking for small improvements in attack and defence progressions.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curran should start lock and switch to prop when Mann comes.off the bench. Salmon OUT. In the words of Marley, he's a plodder. Genuinely don't know what people see in him. He slow, small and stiffles the attack.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would keep Mann at 14 that spot is his he's our best utility for the bench by a long way. Would like to see Curran eventually move to lock and another big middle forward added to the bench, either Hopoi (inexperienced though) or Patolo if he can lift his game in NSW Cup.Fifita and Sutton yet to play this year as well. Salmon and/or Morrin drop out.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Initially I thought with Salmon and Curran, Mann was the odd man out. But with Curran spending time at Prop, a Jammer style prop, Mann has been great controlling the middle. But if Suluka-Fifita or someone else comes into the picture later in the season, would suggest that will push Curran back to lock and Salmon will be the odd one out.

I found Mann initially to be a handbrake in attack or was at least in the Trial/early game. Trial form I would have Salmon ahead of Mann. But last few games that has turned around, maybe Mann needed some more time to find confidence in combinations.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always liked Mann, even going back to when he was at the dragons. Feel like he's always been underrated. He works very hard, has footy IQ and is tough! Had a few injury setbacks, he's a quality signing and I'm really glad to have him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk