Kurt Mann is so underrated

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always liked Tracy, Mann and critta. Taffe I was a little iffy and still questionable… no idea why we signed Turpin the dud… and I’m still not sold on hutch.
I remember when this place wanted Turpin to replace Liccha and JMK. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats how they trained in the off season and i think its the way to go but Salmon just pushed his way into the side during trials.

If anything today Salmon came off, Curran came on in lock and then shifted to prop when Mann came on.

It allowed CC to keep Hughes fresh and bring him and King on when Tino and Mo came back on... We matched a very good pack out there today with those rotations. Morrin was also very good today which helped.
I love the way you can analyse a game.

I completely missed this but you are 100% correct.

Good tactics by Ciraldo.

Lets just hope he can adapt game to game instead of taking a cookie cutter approach to all our games.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was the same with Gus, as a Queenslander I had a natural, Instinctive hate of Gus, But the bottom line was he was the best man to get us out of the shit, so I just had to put it to one side and get on with it.
I understand it's because Gus made QLD his bitch so many times ;)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It allowed CC to keep Hughes fresh and bring him and King on when Tino and Mo came back on... We matched a very good pack out there today with those rotations.
Watching the replay, titans were off

Jury is still out for me. 1st 2 rounds we did good, yesterday im starting to lean to titans are wooden spoon calibre so still questions out about where we are

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't know what to expect from Kurt but I can see he's a bit of a tough nut

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching the replay, titans were off

Jury is still out for me. 1st 2 rounds we did good, yesterday im starting to lean to titans are wooden spoon calibre so still questions out about where we are
Oh 100%!!

I said yesterday i will not be happy unless we hit 30 but with 15 or 20 to go i said shit we should be hitting close to 50 thats how bad they were.

We were also still very clunky and they were offering nothing in attack as well as defense.

The only thing I was happy with was our line-speed but I wasnt at the game to see if we were offside and think the refs were just letting it slide to make up for last week. After watching the Parra game today, I reckon we would've got slaughtered with offside calls on another day.

Im as nervous next week as I was round 1... Big game and Im nervous because it will give us a proper chance to gauge us.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh 100%!!

I said yesterday i will not be happy unless we hit 30 but with 15 or 20 to go i said shit we should be hitting close to 50 thats how bad they were.

We were also still very clunky and they were offering nothing in attack as well as defense.

The only thing I was happy with was our line-speed but I wasnt at the game to see if we were offside and think the refs were just letting it slide to make up for last week. After watching the Parra game today, I reckon we would've got slaughtered with offside calls on another day.

Im as nervous next week as I was round 1... Big game and Im nervous because it will give us a proper chance to gauge us.
I was at the game and the boys were getting back with the ref which was great to see

The ref did keep a big 10metres though , Most of the time it was at least 13 or 14metres

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh 100%!!

Our line speed was fine.

What was also impressive was our kick chase. We had numbers rushing down the field the whole game

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We replaced reserve graders with first graders. Wouldn’t go as far to say that Mann has been a revelation but hasn’t even only missed 3 or so tackles all year? Glad to have him his a tough nut, with how demanding footy is these days I don’t mind him of the bench good for tightening the middle.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kaylin Ponga thinks so too and that's only the tackle's on field. :-)

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have a great ball playing lock forward in Jeaman Salmon that can play a second five eight role. His defence is fantastic with intensity. Then when he tires Kurt Mann enters the field with different skills. It is a great combo.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our line speed was fine.

What was also impressive was our kick chase. We had numbers rushing down the field the whole game
Good news... Hopefully they dont get pinned for it in other games.

Yes it was a big focus at training last week, especially down to KP to shut out his speed threat.. Also felt sorry for Kini, he copped it. I didn't want to say anything because its pretty much game tactics but I sneakily let it out on TK pre game. @Cook remember this one?

I was waiting for it and Once the boys got the game plan going we took the game by the reins and i think it started with Mahoney's early kick.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a great ball playing lock forward in Jeaman Salmon that can play a second five eight role. His defence is fantastic with intensity. Then when he tires Kurt Mann enters the field with different skills. It is a great combo.
I agree... Salmon just needs to tweak his game a bit and will be a much better player. Knowing when to hold the ball and when to pass will be massive for his game because atm he gets caught in no mans land a bit which stifles the attack.

Once he speeds up like Harris and Yeo do he will be a very good player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree... Salmon just needs to tweak his game a bit and will be a much better player. Knowing when to hold the ball and when to pass will be massive for his game because atm he gets caught in no mans land a bit which stifles the attack.

Once he speeds up like Harris and Yeo do he will be a very good player.
Na he's a plodder.