Kris Keating - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost nothing from our side with Keating injured. Romelo slotted in just fine and the win streak continued.

Keating comes back, 3 F ups costing us 14 points in 20 minutes, and it's up to Barba to get us back in the game. Morris barely saw the ball under either.

Romelo kicks away from the fullback and and the line...

As I said in the finals if Keating plays like he did in the first 20 minutes against someone like Manly, everyone will be asking why we didn't play Romelo.

**** for brains if you actually think that romelo has a better kicking/passing game then kk, But then again it wont be the first time that you have come off as stupid.

Its funny how you think you know better then des hasler their is a reason that kk slotted straight back in and romelo was dropped as soon as kk was fit.

Only the niff nuffs will be asking why we did not play romelo 9 year olds like bulldogsfan those who know their footy can see the obvious and that is kk being the much better half.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So many morons. At the end of the day Des knows what hes doing and if Romelo was better than Keating at 7, Romelo would of been out there against the Broncos steering us around but he wasn't.

Plus keating just came off a hamstring injury ffs give him a break it was expected to be a rusty game.

It wasn't his fault there were huge gaps in middle of our line where brisbane were getting through ive seen us soak up more pressure this year defensively than what the broncos threw at us in that opening 15.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You won't be saying the same when we lose a game in the finals series as a direct result of him. I'm not the only person with this mindset. If you were in the Kennel on Sunday afternoon you'd have heard many a person cursing Keating for playing like ****. It took Keating 20 minutes to almost cost us the game.

Romelo needs to be on the bench OR Keating needs to spend time in NSW Cup getting right for the finals. Keating offers NOTHING at present over Romelo, except kicking into players or down fullbacks throats, and gaps in the defensive line.

I dare say Hasler regretted naming Keating in the team against Broncos based on the first 40 minutes. Second 40 was nothing special either.

Keating should look better this week, but not in individual merit, but because we get 1-2 forwards back who will take the load off him. That is if he runs the ball at all.

The Dogs have not offered Keating a new contract, because they don't see a future with him at the club. Romelo has been offered 2 years. That says a LOT in itself.

Simply put, he came back too early from injury and should have got match ready in NSW Cup. He repeats that effort against a serious finals contender and we'll be gone by half time.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You won't be saying the same when we lose a game in the finals series as a direct result of him. I'm not the only person with this mindset. If you were in the Kennel on Sunday afternoon you'd have heard many a person cursing Keating for playing like ****. It took Keating 20 minutes to almost cost us the game.

Romelo needs to be on the bench OR Keating needs to spend time in NSW Cup getting right for the finals. Keating offers NOTHING at present over Romelo, except kicking into players or down fullbacks throats, and gaps in the defensive line.

I dare say Hasler regretted naming Keating in the team against Broncos based on the first 40 minutes. Second 40 was nothing special either.

Keating should look better this week, but not in individual merit, but because we get 1-2 forwards back who will take the load off him. That is if he runs the ball at all.

The Dogs have not offered Keating a new contract, because they don't see a future with him at the club. Romelo has been offered 2 years. That says a LOT in itself.

Simply put, he came back too early from injury and should have got match ready in NSW Cup. He repeats that effort against a serious finals contender and we'll be gone by half time.
Firstly, what proof do you have Romelo has been offered an extension and not Keating? I have heard media speculation saying both have received offers, but confirmation of neither offer.

Secondly, if Romelo has received an offer and not KK that says nothing about who is the better half. Maybe they didn't offer Romelo money as a back up half but as a utility....while Keating wouldn't be too pricey, ROMELO is a much cheaper option.

Thirdly, what makes you think you know what Des Hasler was thinking at half time? In terms of football knowledge, you aren't worthy of dusting off Des' whiteboard dude.

I honestly like both, but Keating is by far and away the better halves option. Until the coaching staff indicate otherwise with their selections, you Romelo pushers just look a bit silly quite frankly.

Keating will be picked next week....he will be fine next week....Romelo won't get another look in at 7 unless he gets re-injured...this is my prediction....

Oh and why do you say Keating will look better next week through no merit of his own due to returning forwards? So far as I know, Kas is still another round away, so Romelo had the benefit of playing behind those very same forwards....does that mean the two great games you think he played were through no merit of his own?

The way some on here hate on a player who is much improved from last year and our best available choice at HB at the moment is just mind boggling.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Romelo will always be a hooker, filling in at halfback. Keating is a five-eighth/half-back.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly do not get the Romelo loves fest..

average player, fringe first grader.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Firstly, what proof do you have Romelo has been offered an extension and not Keating? I have heard media speculation saying both have received offers, but confirmation of neither offer.

Secondly, if Romelo has received an offer and not KK that says nothing about who is the better half. Maybe they didn't offer Romelo money as a back up half but as a utility....while Keating wouldn't be too pricey, ROMELO is a much cheaper option.

Thirdly, what makes you think you know what Des Hasler was thinking at half time? In terms of football knowledge, you aren't worthy of dusting off Des' whiteboard dude.

I honestly like both, but Keating is by far and away the better halves option. Until the coaching staff indicate otherwise with their selections, you Romelo pushers just look a bit silly quite frankly.

Keating will be picked next week....he will be fine next week....Romelo won't get another look in at 7 unless he gets re-injured...this is my prediction....

Oh and why do you say Keating will look better next week through no merit of his own due to returning forwards? So far as I know, Kas is still another round away, so Romelo had the benefit of playing behind those very same forwards....does that mean the two great games you think he played were through no merit of his own?

The way some on here hate on a player who is much improved from last year and our best available choice at HB at the moment is just mind boggling.

Spot on.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keating's defence on the line was horrible, Reynolds has really improved on his defence.

Reynolds over Keating anyday of the week.
Please tell me who has made the most missed tackles in 2012 in the NRL????

Hint: His first name starts with "J" and ends with "osh"

ILuvDoggies4Eva

Waterboy
Reaction score
Firstly let me just say that Rexest you're always rude and arrogant. Calling people stupid... not necessary.

Secondly, I love Romelo he is an awesome player and Kris Keating is pretty sh*t. He can't do anything. Des Hasler should call me for tips.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Firstly let me just say that Rexest you're always rude and arrogant. Calling people stupid... not necessary.

Secondly, I love Romelo he is an awesome player and Kris Keating is pretty sh*t. He can't do anything. Des Hasler should call me for tips.
Im just honest yeah des should call you for tips, you know more then an fg coach thats won two premierships lmao another retard has joined

ILuvDoggies4Eva

Waterboy
Reaction score
There you go again calling peoples names?

Do you know what retard is? Retards are born retarded. They have mental disabilities. Some people in our beloved kennel are mentally challenged (and some just chose to act that way). I think you should really refrain from throwing such insults around so loosely, our club already has a reputation for harbouring idiots.

I was clearly joking when I said Desy should call me... I obviously don't know more than him otherwise my nickname would be NRL Coach... and I would probably be busy coaching an NRL team.

Makes you look like a bit of an idiot doesn't it.... hrrrmmmmm

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rexest just got hammered. 4Eva

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
:
There you go again calling peoples names?

Do you know what retard is? Retards are born retarded. They have mental disabilities. Some people in our beloved kennel are mentally challenged (and some just chose to act that way). I think you should really refrain from throwing such insults around so loosely, our club already has a reputation for harbouring idiots.

I was clearly joking when I said Desy should call me... I obviously don't know more than him otherwise my nickname would be NRL Coach... and I would probably be busy coaching an NRL team.

Makes you look like a bit of an idiot doesn't it.... hrrrmmmmm
Only someone who is mentally challenged would think that romelo is a better half then kk, so retard was the perfect word 4eva

ILuvDoggies4Eva

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks Moe,

I really don't want to start trouble. But I read this guys posts and all he ever does is insult people, always ready to attack and put people down.

We are obviously all gathered here because we support the same team, why in the heck should we fight amongst each other? We should all join rival forums and fight them if we're going to fight!

I always wonder why they let people drop out of school before year 12.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. I think Rexest should be banned. And he should also learn proper grammar.

ILuvDoggies4Eva

Waterboy
Reaction score
Oh gosh, you're still at it! Please stop using that word rexest... its not nice at all. I know many retarded people and they are lovely and beautiful souls. Why must you use that word with so much hatred and ignorance?

In case you haven't noticed my friend, the original comment was made sarcastically, I was trying to sound like a school girl supporting Romelo (the same way my nick sounds like a school girl supporting the doggies.) Hrmmmmm Perhaps my humour is too sophisticated for a high school drop out?

Apologies, next time I'll break down posts line-by-line so that people don't mistake you for a "mentally challenged person"

ILuvDoggies4Eva

Waterboy
Reaction score
lol No no no we shouldn't get him banned.

Maybe we can teach him the difference between "then" and "than".

Rexest
"Than" is used when you want to replace or compare something.
"Then" is used when you want to follow on from something.

Now lets practise it in a sentence:

Rather THAN blindly insulting people, you should learn how to write proper English and only THEN may you tease people.

Mentally challenged eh... hehehehe

They offer HSC courses at TAFE nowadays.. although I'm afraid year 2 grammar isn't taught at HSC level.
Such is life. Pity we have to associate with people of your intellect here at The Kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.