Kotoni Staggs rejects Broncos long term deal!

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
STAGGS ON THE MOVE

Broncos star Kotoni Staggs has dropped a bomb on Brisbane after refusing to commit to the club long-term.

The Broncos are in danger of losing their most explosive player as he considers leaving Red Hill.

At this stage, Staggs is more likely to leave the Broncos than stay beyond 2021 - although the appointment of Kevin Walters as coach could change the situation.

The dressing room has not been a happy place at Red Hill this year which contributed to the sacking of coach Anthony Seibold in August.

Kotoni Staggs won’t commit his future to the club.

Staggs, 21, will be one of the NRL’s hottest free agents from November 1 when he can officially sign with a rival club for 2022.

He will miss half of next season as he recovers from a major knee injury, but the future NSW Origin player has shown the talent he possesses and will be chased hard by rivals.

We asked Staggs about his future this week, to which he replied: “I’m still here for one more year – I’m locked in.”

When pressed on whether he wanted to stay at the Broncos beyond 2021, Staggs said: “Whatever happens, happens. I can’t tell.

“I’m here next year and I want to do a job for the Broncos.”

It was hardly a glowing endorsement for the club that just collected the wooden spoon.

Source: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/a12d05ec042e7728eabbfd45430e046a

Interesting if this is true, hopefully we throw a few coin and a few years this kids way and bring him back down South ... would look great in blue and white ... let's make this happen Trent and co ... PLEASE ... we need a key signing and this kid would be a great addition and maybe someone to build a team around!
UP the DOGGIESSSS!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
STAGGS ON THE MOVE

Broncos star Kotoni Staggs has dropped a bomb on Brisbane after refusing to commit to the club long-term.

The Broncos are in danger of losing their most explosive player as he considers leaving Red Hill.

At this stage, Staggs is more likely to leave the Broncos than stay beyond 2021 - although the appointment of Kevin Walters as coach could change the situation.

The dressing room has not been a happy place at Red Hill this year which contributed to the sacking of coach Anthony Seibold in August.

Kotoni Staggs won’t commit his future to the club.

Staggs, 21, will be one of the NRL’s hottest free agents from November 1 when he can officially sign with a rival club for 2022.

He will miss half of next season as he recovers from a major knee injury, but the future NSW Origin player has shown the talent he possesses and will be chased hard by rivals.

We asked Staggs about his future this week, to which he replied: “I’m still here for one more year – I’m locked in.”

When pressed on whether he wanted to stay at the Broncos beyond 2021, Staggs said: “Whatever happens, happens. I can’t tell.

“I’m here next year and I want to do a job for the Broncos.”

It was hardly a glowing endorsement for the club that just collected the wooden spoon.

Source: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/a12d05ec042e7728eabbfd45430e046a

Interesting if this is true, hopefully we throw a few coin and a few years this kids way and bring him back down South ... would look great in blue and white ... let's make this happen Trent and co ... PLEASE ... we need a key signing and this kid would be a great addition and maybe someone to build a team around!
UP the DOGGIESSSS!!
FK yeah please make this happen Barrett, this kid needs the kitchen sink thrown at him come Nov 1, come on Landry do your work and drive up the M1 and bring this kid back home

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smellagraph muckraker phones player "you going to sign a new contract"
Player "I'm just focused on next year"
Smellagraph headline "Player on the move"

What a beat up, he's keeping his options open. He needs to get through a good 10 games when he gets back from injury before any team offers him a worthwhile contract.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He will stay at the Broncos. It's smart by him and his manager, they know that players will be getting moved on (eg Bird who's on a massive deal) they just want more cash.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOLLLLLL wtf please explain
The way his bad injury happened, and his build size relative to muscle mass support the theory that he will likely have more serious injuries. I'm not surprised he doesn't want to talk about contracts beyond next year. He has major recovery ahead of him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way his bad injury happened, and his build size relative to muscle mass support the theory that he will likely have more serious injuries. I'm not surprised he doesn't want to talk about contracts beyond next year. He has major recovery ahead of him.
no no no no no