KOROISAU

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes a gun a really bad judgment call from our club just showed a lack of “feel” from our club ,a good 9 is worth paying overs
Playing like a 800k spine player atm.

If he wasnt constantly injured went he was offloaded anyone would pay it overs for him but i can understand why the club didnt want to take a gamble on him considering we had Foran on the books. It was bad timing for risky business i'd say...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah fuck the Storm and Queensland!!! Go Panthers and Trent our New head coach next year...
I reckon it would be better if Melbourne win.. Keeps that hunger in the belly for the incomer.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Without him, Panthers wouldn’t be where they are this season = Not worth signing.

Glad the call makers aren’t in the position of recruitment

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a feeling Barrett may try and persuade him to come to us.
Yes I've thought about that too but if B Smith or Harry Grant decide to leave the Storm for 2021 I think we should give them first preference. Api's not a bad 3rd choice for 2022 though. Just don't want to see JMK or Katoa there for 2022.

I don't understand why we didn't sign Starling. He wouldn't have cost much.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe in hindsight we didn't push hard enough to get him. What about Des Hasler the genius letting him go in the first place.
He just hates good hookers. They're like the rest of us. They need money to survive.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing like a 800k spine player atm.

If he wasnt constantly injured went he was offloaded anyone would pay it overs for him but i can understand why the club didnt want to take a gamble on him considering we had Foran on the books. It was bad timing for risky business i'd say...
I think it was bad timing too when we had a lot of money tied up with other overpaid players.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think if we'd offered him a little bit more and sold him on being a leader at our club a bit more he would have changed our team a lot, we would have won several more games and Lynne, Dunn and Ballesty would still be on the board.
Life is all about the decisions you make !!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Koroisau might have made a slight difference to our season. Maybe enough for Pay to have been retained and some of the 8 discarded players to have been extended as well as the board still being in place. And he might have joined an understrength squad and played some ordinary football causing people to still think we picked up a dud.

The fact here is that he joined a young squad full of gun players that have thrived with the leadership he provided. He may have been the final building block for them to be the team they are this year. It has led to us making some changes that hopefully put us further along the road back to being a powerhouse team again.

Maybe we'll get really lucky and wind up cementing our hooker position with a young gun like Grant and be set for the next ten years as a result of Koroisau choosing the Panthers. Maybe it won't. Screaming foul about regrets might make people feel a bit better. But it doesn't contribute to moving forward. All we can really hope for is that we turn out team back into a premiership contender moving forward.

I have a couple of friends who support the Knights. I admire the fact that their fan base didn't carry on like this while they rebuilt. It certainly seemed more dignified than the tears and tantrums that have made it hard to enjoy being on the kennel for the last few years. We were spoiled with about 20 - 25 years of solid good times as a fan base. Our fortunes have declined since then. But our club still has the financial building blocks to get back to happy times. They're going to feel so much more satisfying because we have something to compare them to.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Martin Taupau Padstow Panthers/Greenacre Tigers
Ryan Matterson Greenacre Tigers
Junior Tatola Berala Bears
Daniel Tupou Berala Bears
Isaac Lumelume Berala Bears
Jayden Okunbor Milperra Colts
Josh Reynolds St George Dragons
Brandon Wakeman Chester Hill
Api Korisau Berala Bears
Aidan Sezer Berala Bears
Josh mansour Kingsgrove colts

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Other players to make first grade from berala bears were
* Mat Utai - Dogs
*Andrew Emilio - Dogs , Cronulla
* Jeremy Smith - Parramatta, Souths
" Junior Langi - Melbourne Storm
" Samsoni Langi - Roosters

Berala Bears would have to be up there with producing 1st graders

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Other players to make first grade from berala bears were
* Mat Utai - Dogs
*Andrew Emilio - Dogs , Cronulla
* Jeremy Smith - Parramatta, Souths
" Junior Langi - Melbourne Storm
" Samsoni Langi - Roosters

Berala Bears would have to be up there with producing 1st graders
Daniel Tupou

Reactions: J_B

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I've thought about that too but if B Smith or Harry Grant decide to leave the Storm for 2021 I think we should give them first preference. Api's not a bad 3rd choice for 2022 though. Just don't want to see JMK or Katoa there for 2022.

I don't understand why we didn't sign Starling. He wouldn't have cost much.
Missed opportunity.
There are some kennellers here who, to their credit, identified Sterling as a key target we should've gone for. I think everyone else was 'meh' I caught on to just how good he was three weeks back in that game against Cronulla.
That's as bad a miss as Api Id say. Api would've cost 500 but sterling I bet we could've wrapped up for Tree fiddy a season for three seasons.
Sterling at Tree Fiddy is much much better than Grant at 800.
It's all weighted value.
If Sterling is 85% as good as Grant, then having him at less than half the price means he's great value as the remaining money can be allocated to another jacked up pimp in the forwards or somewhere.

Sterling is as bad a miss as Api and almost as bad as Cook. I feel it in my plums.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wonder if he’d consider jumping ship. We should give him a call and ask if he’s Api...

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To summarise what most said here, we have been shit at identifying and developing talents cos atm we dont have many good juniors playing first grade for us, if any, and some playing for other clubs. Has anything been done to fix this?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Couldnt' give a fuck personally. If he doesn't play for us now, why would I bother?

Too many people on here are too focused on what we've lost. Let's move forward and focus on the team we have.
Because all those we've lost under Des would shit over the team we have from great heights.

Thanks Des, you really did our club wonders.

Malla

Reaction score
To be fair, he wasn't the best player in juniors and used to get into a lot of trouble off the field.