Know your rights

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ah i should probably expect an enormous bill soon then, because my electricity bill has been 99.5% the supply charge

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My missus does the accounts at her work.. The shop she works at has an upstairs studio apartment above. The gas bill for that comes to the business.. The bill is usually $100 each time.. One time it was 11k.

She rang up and complained obviously and it was eventually sorted but crazy bills like that get sent out more than you think..

Of course, they never undercharge by thousands do they?
I have a mate who was lucky enough to purchase a property where the solar and mains electricity were set up wrong.
Turns out it credited him for his main's use and debited his solar.
The lucky bastard ran up massive credit knowing the 9 month back charge limitation too.
It only recently stopped when they replaced his old meters with modern meters.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Well - got a response - turns out the 9th to 12th month back was actually a credit. They offered me some sort of 12mth plan 13% below the reference price - whatever that is.

No explanation on anything tbf - just a month by month breakdown.

So round 2 begins.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did you not pay a bill for 9 months ? If so fair enough but $2000 on top of what you already paid? Do you have a fleet of electric cars?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well - got a response - turns out the 9th to 12th month back was actually a credit. They offered me some sort of 12mth plan 13% below the reference price - whatever that is.

No explanation on anything tbf - just a month by month breakdown.

So round 2 begins.
Get 'em!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
We got round 3 - something about a meter technician checking out our problem. Some other bullshit though about smart meters only given a start/end reading. Checked some older bills when it was supposedly working (nope) so got more ammo for the response.

Not expecting much now - just enjoying taking the piss out of someone. I know - completely out of character.