Knights name side for clash with Dogs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Knights on Debut

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - Newcastle Knights

Knights duo, James McManus and Terence Seu Seu will make their NRL debuts this Sunday when Newcastle hosts the Bulldogs at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Coach Brian Smith announced a 19 man squad for the season opener today, featuring seven new faces in the first grade line up.

“Everyone in this side has earned their opportunity,” Brian Smith said.

“James and Terence especially have been standout performers throughout the pre season and in the trials. I think they’re ready to give it a shot.”

McManus joined the Knights from the Northern Territory Institute of Sport in 2004 and was one of Premier League’s most consistent players in 2006. Seu Seu was a member of last year’s Jersey Flegg Minor Premiership side before launching his representative career with New Zealand ‘A’.

McManus and Seu Seu are joined by fellow debutants Todd Polglase, Cory Paterson and Jesse Royal.

Matthew White returns to the top grade for the first time since 2005 and Adam MacDougall makes his much anticipated come back in the blue and red.

“I can’t wait to run out in Knights colours again,” MacDougall said.

“There’s a great feeling within the club and the team is in top shape to kick off the season.”

“We’re not quite full strength but we’re close,” said Smith.

Meanwhile, competition for key positions has resulted in one of the strongest Premier League teams in recent memory with a number of experienced first graders included in Coach Trent Robinson’s starting 13.

Six days from kick off, ticket sales are strong but there are still plenty of good seats left for Sunday’s blockbuster.

Once again this year, supporters are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets in the lead up to game day to avoid lining up.

Tickets can be purchased at the Knights Kingdom Supporter Store at EnergyAustralia Stadium, Rebel Sport Charlestown, Travelworld Newcastle and Cessnock, over the phone on 4941 8282 or through Ticketmaster on 136 100.

Gates open at 9.10am for members and 9.25am for the public - kick off between the Knights and the Bulldogs at 2pm.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/a...=1019&zoneid=1

KNIGHTS v BULLDOGS
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Round 1
Sunday 18 March, 2007
Coach: Brian Smith

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Josh Perry
9. Terence Seu Seu
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson

Interchange:
14. Todd Polglase
15. Daniel Abraham
16. Matthew White
17. Daniel Tolar
18. Cory Paterson
19. Jesse Royal
(two to be omitted)

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Looking at there side it doesnt look to be overly strong and im confident we will win this one.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Corey Paterson goes alright. Hope he gets a run.

M

Mr Miyagi

That side looks a little weak tbh
If we are at full strength we should nail them

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
There side looks weak. That centre pairing is horrible and if we can get Mason, Williams, Ryan, Maitua running at them all day long they will be in trouble. Tonga has a good chance of carving up in this one.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
my prediction:

Bulldogs by 14

that backline doesnt look like its gonna score manyt points

K

Kane 'em

They have a decent forward pack though we should get the better of them. Especially if Joey's out.

H

Haztrick

Crappy bench. An alright starting side tbh... We need to look out for Seu Seu. He is a great young hooker.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i hope it will be like 04 when we played brian smith in the first round against parra... how good was that... 36-0 in the first half

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i doubt if johns is playing he'd make much of an impact i reckon that their backline looks inexperienced to me and their forward pack definitely doesnt match the strength of our but, you never noe wat johns can do he can steer a team of no names to a victory should be either a pushover 4 us or a tight game, cant see them smashing us but i can see them pull off a tight victory, should be a good match either way

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Andrew Johns to suffer broken head and out for the season :p
bahahahhahahahahahahaahha ur an idiot hahahahaha

a broken head hahahah i love it

Status
Not open for further replies.