Knife attack in France

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm posting this because I know someone on here is going to post it and use it to attack Muslims suggesting that all Muslims are evil, so I thought I would get ahead of it.

But I should also put in my point of view. I believe that anyone who is Muslim should publicly come out criticising this kind of thing. This is not representative of Muslims but this is on the back of Macron defending free speech. A move that Erdogan (leader of Turkey) criticised so heavily that he encouraged people to take action.

When Muslims don't stand against extremists it just supports the problem IMO

On to the story..

3 people have been killed in Nice, France as retaliation to Macron (French leader) supporting free speech including a cartoon of the prophet Mohammed.

One of these attacks was an elderly woman who was decapitated in Church.

I am not against Islam. But this kind of thing needs to be dealt with by leaders in the Muslim communities. Just say, "hey, if you do this you will burn in hell"

You have the incentive. Use it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is not representative of Muslims but this is on the back of Macron defending free speech. A move that Erdogan (leader of Turkey) criticised so heavily that he encouraged people to take action.
Macron, Charlie hebdo and free speech crusaders are fucking idiots.

Erdogan is using their opposition to strengthen his domestic support. Best they should have done is ignore erdogan, don't give him the ammunition he needs. (Hebdo made a cartoon of erdogan after he complained, which plays right into erdogans hands)

Its the same thing when erdogan made hagi Sophia a mosque, he knew thered be a backlash from Greeks and he used that backlash to strengthen domestic support.

Macron, hebdo, Greeks are fucking dumb for falling for his political shit. Just ignore the dictator, by ignoring the fuckwit you don't stir that nationalism/patriotism of turks, thereby reducing domestic support for erdogan which should eventually lead to the piece of shit being overthrown.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm posting this because I know someone on here is going to post it and use it to attack Muslims suggesting that all Muslims are evil, so I thought I would get ahead of it.

But I should also put in my point of view. I believe that anyone who is Muslim should publicly come out criticising this kind of thing. This is not representative of Muslims but this is on the back of Macron defending free speech. A move that Erdogan (leader of Turkey) criticised so heavily that he encouraged people to take action.

When Muslims don't stand against extremists it just supports the problem IMO

On to the story..

3 people have been killed in Nice, France as retaliation to Macron (French leader) supporting free speech including a cartoon of the prophet Mohammed.

One of these attacks was an elderly woman who was decapitated in Church.

I am not against Islam. But this kind of thing needs to be dealt with by leaders in the Muslim communities. Just say, "hey, if you do this you will burn in hell"

You have the incentive. Use it.

Does the Koran support the burn in hell stance for such an act?

Legit question, I don't know much of the Koran.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Like Christianity, theres many different sects and interpretations

Some would have him burning in hell others would have him going to heaven

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

"… take not life, which God has made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that you may learn wisdom" (Koran 6:151)

"… that if anyone killed a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land" (5:32)

Or the Hadith that states "Whoever kills a mu'ahid [non-combatant, innocent non-Muslims] will not smell the scent of paradise …" (Bukhari)

Therefore, associating murder or the killing of innocent people and bystanders to "Islam" is not only abhorrent, but goes against the clear text of Islam.

A contextual reading of Islamic texts prohibits targeting innocent people such as women, children, religious people and others even during times of war. Disbelief, in and of itself, is not an excuse to kill anyone.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Horrible seeing this. Horrible.

What I will say is this.

I find it a little silly telling Muslims to call out other Muslims. Just like asking Christians to call out other Christians. Buddhists calling out other Buddhists.

I get what you're trying to say, but I think society as a whole is repulsed by this and laying the responsibility on each Muslim to call these radicals out is a bit silly imo.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Horrible seeing this. Horrible.

What I will say is this.

I find it a little silly telling Muslims to call out other Muslims. Just like asking Christians to call out other Christians. Buddhists calling out other Buddhists.

I get what you're trying to say, but I think society as a whole is repulsed by this and laying the responsibility on each Muslim to call these radicals out is a bit silly imo.
Agree with this because you're always going to get the counter argument of apologise for syria and Iraq.

Macron is right wing politician, erdogan is a right wing politician, both use dog whistling and its not for the purposes of having a better world.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as you may believe this, there are other Muslims who interpret it differently and see it as a just cause.

Lets not try and paint a picture that isn't the whole truth. There are sects out there that justify these types of action (as with any religion there are sects who have a completely different interpretation)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as you may believe this, there are other Muslims who interpret it differently and see it as a just cause.

Lets not try and paint a picture that isn't the whole truth. There are sects out there that justify these types of action (as with any religion there are sects who have a completely different interpretation)
The same is with every religion though.

However, clearly Islam at this stage is being taken up by mor radical supporters.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The MF’s who commit these acts aren’t Muslim, I bet they don’t even pray let alone pray 5 times daily like I do. I bet they don’t pick up and read the Quran daily like I do. I bet they don’t follow the (Sunnah) of our prophet (peace be upon him) but instead they fucking carry on trying to defend the honour of someone they have no relations with? Tfeh on these animals and for those who truly believe in god then they’ll know that these MF’s have booked them selves a one way ticket to hell.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sects in every religion yet only one gets painted on front pages.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah. Major thing about the Koran is that it's an extension of the bible. There's some obvious differences like the fact that it says Jesus is a prophet, not the son of God. But effectively it follows a lot of the same rules including not killing. Except that it mentions in several passages killing infidels but that is in defence of their land.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sects in every religion yet only one gets painted ok front pages.
I wasn't talking about that though. I agree that one gets more coverage in the western world. But again as much as you may think they are not muslim, they follow a specific section and call themselves muslim and see you as a fake muslim

Wahhabis have a lot to answer for, its their doctrine that leads to a lot of this radicalisation and wahhabism comes straight out of saudi arabia and funded by massive oil money