Klemmer & Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods actually got through way more work than Klemmer. Woods made 15 more tackles while having 2 extra runs in the same amount of game time. Klemmer did top the metres run for a forward with 190m from just 15 runs.
give or take graham dominated the stats but got dominated on the pitch

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant wait to see these boys run around together next year. I think we potentially have one of the best packs in the comp next year if the likes of RFM, fualalo and elliot can improve over the offseason.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What's going on here? Ever since we signed Woodsey everyone's been carrying on about how rubbish he is and the fact that losing Graham would be the end of footy as we know it. Now you have had a chance to compare them against each other you can see just how good a player Woods is, even though he only had an average (for him) game. We made absolutely the right decision to sign Woods and losing Graham won't even be noticed by the time we get to next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's going on here? Ever since we signed Woodsey everyone's been carrying on about how rubbish he is and the fact that losing Graham would be the end of footy as we know it. Now you have had a chance to compare them against each other you can see just how good a player Woods is, even though he only had an average (for him) game. We made absolutely the right decision to sign Woods and losing Graham won't even be noticed by the time we get to next season.
Because the signing of Woods and the dumping of our captain Graham wasn't a priority at the time when the likes of Cronk, Teddy, etc were on the market. We also didn't need another overpaid prop signing under Hasler.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because the signing of Woods and the dumping of our captain Graham wasn't a priority at the time when the likes of Cronk, Teddy, etc were on the market. We also didn't need another overpaid prop signing under Hasler.
Should have offered the kitchen sink for teddy and tried to talk him out of signing with the roosters instead of bending over backwards just so uncle Nick can get what he wanted.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should have offered the kitchen sink for teddy and tried to talk him out of signing with the roosters instead of bending over backwards just so uncle Nick can get what he wanted.
As it turns out we never had a Kitchen sink to offer him in the first place.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Might come as a surprise to you but people can do more than one thing at a time. We did offer Teddy a fortune but HE chose to go somewhere else. What were we supposed to do press gang him? We need a top class ball distributing prop and Graham doesn't do it anymore. Woods is absolutely a great choice and always was. As for Cronk I still think you will be eating humble pie when Foran shows what he can really do and let's not forget he was actually cheaper than what the tigers paid for Reynolds.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How embarrassing is it when Graham fronts the referee as he did on Friday night, then when retreating after the Referee's explanation "why the scrum", he walks backwards with both hands behind his back like he was hand cuffed. lol
Not very assertive for a Captain I feel, is it because he can't help himself by using his bent finger when addressing an official or does his memory return from what Mum and Dad taught him as a Child that you should never point your finger at people when addressing them? I never thought he was a good Captain in the first place unfortunately.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Might come as a surprise to you but people can do more than one thing at a time. We did offer Teddy a fortune but HE chose to go somewhere else. What were we supposed to do press gang him? We need a top class ball distributing prop and Graham doesn't do it anymore. Woods is absolutely a great choice and always was. As for Cronk I still think you will be eating humble pie when Foran shows what he can really do and let's not forget he was actually cheaper than what the tigers paid for Reynolds.
And we should of gone all out for Teddy, from what i hear we were very close and an extra push could of got us over the line. Woods is a decent prop, but missing out on Teddy and forcing out your club captain for him is again not the best call imo.

Doesn't matter how much we paid for Foran, chances are we still paid more than we should of for someone that has massive question marks over his mental and physical state. There's a chance the gamble will pay off, he was once a very capable half, but there's a bigger of it not coming off and us being absolutely fucked.

I will support both of them on field, we're stuck with them for the time being. I have no real issues with Woods in the team, just the reported $$$ and the way we pushed Graham out. I expect Woods and Klemmer should really be the best frontrow pairing in the game.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And we should of gone all out for Teddy, from what i hear we were very close and an extra push could of got us over the line. Woods is a decent prop, but missing out on Teddy and forcing out your club captain for him is again not the best call imo.

Doesn't matter how much we paid for Foran, chances are we still paid more than we should of for someone that has massive question marks over his mental and physical state. There's a chance the gamble will pay off, he was once a very capable half, but there's a bigger of it not coming off and us being absolutely fucked.

I will support both of them on field, we're stuck with them for the time being. I have no real issues with Woods in the team, just the reported $$$ and the way we pushed Graham out. I expect Woods and Klemmer should really be the best frontrow pairing in the game.
All about time and place. We did go all out for Teddy but in the end he went with the Chooks. We lost Graham because the salary cap was reduced from where we gambled it would be. If we went even further (and there was no guarantee that money was the issue) for Teddy that means no Lichaa and probably another one as well. Sometimes you just have to do whats best for the team and take less than the best that's on the market to strengthen your overall team. We got Woods for a pretty good price and Foran as well and I think both those positions with them in it are stronger than what we had this year. Next year will see the end of a few more and we can go after some good'uns then.

Status
Not open for further replies.