Klemmer back to the dogs?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wasn’t that for 23 season only?
For however long his Knight contract lasted before he signed for Tiger, not sure what that was, I'd assume 2025.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer won't accept a release unless the years on his contract are fulfilled and money are paid in full, sometimes they even get more. If you'd like you can give me an e.g. where this wasn't the case for a player in the past (not including sacked players of course).
As I said this is the Tigers issue.

Klemmer MUST be paid in full for the term of his FULL contract.

Klemmer doesn’t actually have to accept a release. But if the Tigers attempt to release him they MUST ensure his contract is honoured in FULL.

If he picks up another deal on less money they need to pay the difference.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
With all the Klemmer and AFB discussion it raises the question as to why we let Waddell go.
Didn’t he come out bitch about the club a little . If he did wouldn’t that been known inside the belmore walls that Waddell wasn’t to happy, so why would the club want him back . If he isn’t in the same page wrong or right clean your locker.
The 2nd thing the clown raised was our best forward. Well our pack got smashed so using our best or 2nd best means nothing when the whole pack got dominated.
3rd he is an average player in a below average team and he still didn’t stand out

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hastings for Klemmer was a recruitment fail as soon as it happened. That's not because Klemmer is bad but you can't let an experienced quality half go - your best half at the club, when you need one.
I would have been very happy if we signed the “slow” Hastings.. The Knights were still alive at the end of the season largely because of his influence.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t he come out bitch about the club a little . If he did wouldn’t that been known inside the belmore walls that Waddell wasn’t to happy, so why would the club want him back . If he isn’t in the same page wrong or right clean your locker.
The 2nd thing the clown raised was our best forward. Well our pack got smashed so using our best or 2nd best means nothing when the whole pack got dominated.
3rd he is an average player in a below average team and he still didn’t stand out
I think Klemmer left in a huff so dont expect him back.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact is Hes a much superior prop to any that we currently have. That alone is enough reason for pursuing him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course NO to Klemmer, way too much baggage
TO be fair we have no starting props... We need a seasoned pro who can hold his own through the middle and teach the kids.

Hopefully someone to partner AFB and help teach May and the other kids coming through.

If we want to be serious about building the next breed whilst looking to be competitive and open up a premiership window, this is how you do it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
AFB & May.

We need to get the Rorters back for all the scams they've pulled on us.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings for Klemmer was a recruitment fail as soon as it happened. That's not because Klemmer is bad but you can't let an experienced quality half go - your best half at the club, when you need one.
Since then Brooks has now walked leaving them with an inexperienced trio in the halves. Without their continued incompetence we’d be in a much worse spot

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since then Brooks has now walked leaving them with an inexperienced trio in the halves. Without their continued incompetence we’d be in a much worse spot
If I was Tiger I would of been preparing for Brooks to leave and not trying to extend him (massive flop you just can't keep, regardless what he does at Manly). No way I would of got rid of Hastings considering that.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was Tiger I would of been preparing for Brooks to leave and not trying to extend him (massive flop you just can't keep, regardless what he does at Manly). No way I would of got rid of Hastings considering that.
Agreed and it just shows a complete lack of direction. I know Douehi was fit at that point but his injury history should have been a massive concern.
It’s rumoured they are swapping Blore for Olam which sounds like a terrible deal too

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed and it just shows a complete lack of direction. I know Douehi was fit at that point but his injury history should have been a massive concern.
It’s rumoured they are swapping Blore for Olam which sounds like a terrible deal too
Surely there not contemplation letting Blore go. Was there shining light this year

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ranked as a top ten prop this year I’ll take him back

David Klemmer
The NRL community is absolutely asleep when it comes to David Klemmer. How he was overlooked for Origin for TPJ is beyond comprehension.

Klemmer missed seven tackles in 24 games this season. Seven! That is a 98.9% tackle efficiency. For the Tigers no less.

He also ran for almost 140 metres per game, had over 1270 post contact metres, 21 offloads and even crossed for a try.

I'm not sure what Klemmer has done to put the entire fan base off side but you give me 140 metres per game and almost 99% tackles made and you're worth every cent of your contract.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ranked as a top ten prop this year I’ll take him back

David Klemmer
The NRL community is absolutely asleep when it comes to David Klemmer. How he was overlooked for Origin for TPJ is beyond comprehension.

Klemmer missed seven tackles in 24 games this season. Seven! That is a 98.9% tackle efficiency. For the Tigers no less.

He also ran for almost 140 metres per game, had over 1270 post contact metres, 21 offloads and even crossed for a try.

I'm not sure what Klemmer has done to put the entire fan base off side but you give me 140 metres per game and almost 99% tackles made and you're worth every cent of your contract.
A fans opinion. The/his ranking doesn't mean a whole lot.