Klemmer back to the dogs?

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sign Klemmer and Blacker and we have the bash brothers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That would be correct 2025 and only if they need to clear the decks for Luai where at this moment 2 clubs are chasing him and Penrith have put forward a smaller offer. Luai still has to sign with them. It's just a floating idea at this time. Marshall seems to be in control there and has negated out HappyHat and Fiasco. Whether he can negate Farah will decide his future there.
Klemmer only an option for us if we can sign him for next year (+25). Otherwise May's the better option for 2025. AFB + 1 of Klemmer (helps us massively next year) or May (the better long term option, will be painful next year tho). Even tho Tiger need funds for 2025, Klemmer feeling unwanted might push for an earlier release.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a hard no for me. We don’t buy Tiger rejects. Don’t like the **** and the way he weasled out of his 5 year contract with us for more money. I say let’s just focus on getting AFB or May over the line.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apparently, Tigers don't want to release him. Another club approached Tigers. This came from SEN.

I'm guessing it was Dragons?

Klemmers agent is Moses

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Only if it is no more than $500k per season & only if it doesn't risk us getting AFB.
We have cash for next yr so give him 700 nxt yr and 300 the yr after . Then we can get AFB & May as well as keep klem.

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When he left, it was after the downfall of Ray Dib.
My understanding was Klemmer was on a 750 a year contract which was huge around that time. HOWEVER, it was extremely lopsided with third party deals that were pulled when Dib got shot.
You may recall that was a reason Dib lasted that long, as he had soem sponsorship ties.
Klemmer was a big example of that. I think he was 550 on cap and 200 in third parties and once that went he got pissed and agitated for a release.
We weren’t in a position to upgrade him on cap (this is the time of the big fuggup where he gambled 10 mil would be cap) so he left when Newcastle came to the party and we got Napa for his money instead.
Also woods getting offloaded would not have helped. They were tight.
Klemmer had a dummy spit after his boyfriend Sharon got punted. The new board got rid of Sharon because your mate Ray signed him on overs. End of story.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the short term we need front rowers and a top tier halfback. In the interim we have signed sexton and a handful of utilities that could fill the role if sexton doesn’t hold his own.
Rest of the side seems to be building nicely. I think if we can get klemmer on a subsidised deal for 2 years it’s not bad business. We aren’t locking ourselves into anything that’ll jeopardise a deal for a marquee player if one becomes available. Klemmer probably has 2 half decent years left in him. Also his role can be reduced once we get some guys we are actually chasing. Ideally if we landed 2 out of Klemmer, May, Saifiti or AFB. Then we look much stronger, hopefully we also have some young ones coming through in the next couple of years.
If he was asking for 3 or 4 years it’s a different story and higher risk. We need a stop gap until better options are available.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer had a dummy spit after his boyfriend Sharon got punted. The new board got rid of Sharon because your mate Ray signed him on overs. End of story.
Sure. He moved to Newcastle because Woods went to Cronulla.
If that’s more believable to you then believe in your truth.
I’ll stick to what an insider told me.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers would have to pay a big cut of the contract. Numbers are ok for the last few seasons but part of me says it won’t happen