Kimmorley's future uncertain after 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

djt

doggies no.1
Reaction score
I think if we had jt at half n barba at five eighth in 2011 we would be unstoppable,with jt organising the team it would take all the pressure off barba he would really step up,
i would luv 2 see that....

I also think that we have signed turner 2 cover 4 pattern wheather he finishes the season or not,if pattern gets injured turner 2 fullback which is his preferred position n junior 2 the wing,i think its patterns last year i hope im wrong......

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Kimmorly to retire and seasons end and take up a job on our coaching staff and his media roles. JT will be the new half in 2011.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Kimmorly to retire and seasons end and take up a job on our coaching staff and his media roles. JT will be the new half in 2011.
**** yeah,

and sign back SBW also :p

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
I don't think we should be signing noddy beyond this year, his time is up and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

Also good to hear stagg will be playing round 1

D

dogs_4 lyf

Lets see first how our back up halves go this year before jumping to conclusions super coaches. IF Kimmorley is still in very good form like he was last year, and no one has stepped up pretty sure they will offer him an extension.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
JT already has a handshake deal for 2011.

Hope it holds up.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a word on Halatau and his supposed ACL operation.
I reckon its BS I saw him about 2 weeks ago he seemed in tip top condition and was going out with the mrs walking fine.

Yeah, I knew he had something done to that knee. I've seen him around over xmas twice and he was wearing a knee brace.

Didn't he do the knee last year and have an operation?

Maybe just a arthroscopy (clean out)?
He did do his knee last year but seems to have recovered well I saw him with the brace also around that period not sure why as he played in the back end of 09 season and then in xmas brace about 2 weeks ago though no brace so yeah maybe a clean out.

Barba will replace Patten in my eyes anyway.
Hopefully.....I think he would be a great FB he plays a very opportunistic role with all those intercept plays and is a great support player as well.

JT already has a handshake deal for 2011.

Hope it holds up.
Where did you get that info from?

I'm sure Noddy will know when his time is up. I can't see him going past this year though.
I could easily see him continue past this year if his form stays on track I reckon he was one of the best halves last year and SOO proved it.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard BK absolutely loves the dogs, and apparantly he has already been given a coaching role with one of our lower grade teams for when he retires.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
If his body is coping well this season and the coaching staff want him to remain next year -then he is an option beyond 2010.

But he is getting to the stage where the body may not be able to maintain the rigours of playing in the NRL week in week out.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
at the end of season 2010 noddy and kev moore and greenberg will be the ones making the decision. i hope he stays on for another season if hes up to it

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't believe Kimmorley wont play forever. This is shocking news!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Kimmorley will know himself anyway. If he thinks he can do another year no problems, then that's a different story. But yeah he probably wouldn't.. he will know when it's his time to stand down and give juniors a shot.
i agree....noddy is a smart bloke im sure he'll know when his time has come...i just dont want him to go on a year too long tbh

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
As good as I think we can be with BK, I dont think he can win a comp any longer with his ailing body. I reckon he has one more year at best left.

Yes if we keep BK in the team for the next 3 years we will make the top 8 every year and we would prob even be close to being in the top 4 each year.

But here are the FACTS, NO team in the past 10 years has won a comp with a half back older than 32 Years old

1999: BK 23 Years old
2000: Kevin Walters 32 Years old
2001: Johns 27 Years old
2002: Wing 23 Years old
2003: Gower 25 Years old
2004: Sherwin 25 Years old
2005: Prince 25 Years old
2006: Shane Perry 29 Years old
2007: Cronk 24 Years old
2008: Orford 30 Years old
2009: Cronk 26 Years old

BK will be 34 on the 15th September 2010.

R

rocky IV

As good as I think we can be with BK, I dont think he can win a comp any longer with his ailing body. I reckon he has one more year at best left.

Yes if we keep BK in the team for the next 3 years we will make the top 8 every year and we would prob even be close to being in the top 4 each year.

But here are the FACTS, NO team in the past 10 years has won a comp with a half back older than 32 Years old

1999: BK 23 Years old
2000: Kevin Walters 32 Years old
2001: Johns 27 Years old
2002: Wing 23 Years old
2003: Gower 25 Years old
2004: Sherwin 25 Years old
2005: Prince 25 Years old
2006: Shane Perry 29 Years old
2007: Cronk 24 Years old
2008: Orford 30 Years old
2009: Cronk 26 Years old

BK will be 34 on the 15th September 2010.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.