Kimmorley to give rival his taste of Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Patwa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"TALK, tackle, kick." It's the Brett Kimmorley blueprint that saved NSW from a State of Origin whitewash in game three last year.

As he goes into the blockbuster against the unbeaten Roosters at ANZ Stadium, the Bulldogs No. 7 has told how he intends to call on his Origin battle plan to revive his team's season.

The Bulldogs have struggled to find the cohesion that inspired their finals run last season. And predictably, Kimmorley has been left to shoulder the blame.

But rather than get bitter, the wily 33-year-old plans to get even with a performance that could also reignite his 2010 Origin claims against Roosters hopeful Mitchell Pearce.

"My strength as a player is steering a side around, kicking, and experience," Kimmorley said.

"And that's probably what NSW lacked in game one and two. I suited the mould for game three, I suppose.
"Craig (Bellamy) and Joey (Andrew Johns) said to me we just want you to talk and kick. I was there as an organising seven as opposed to a ball-playing seven.

"I told them that's great because that's my role at Canterbury and the reason why I've felt the most comfortable I have in a long while.

"Talking, tackling and my kicking game is something I felt worked for us last year at the Bulldogs, but I probably went away from that last week. So it's about getting back to that role."

Kimmorley added that any hope of returning to the Origin arena would be determined by the Bulldogs' form come selection time.

"If around that time of the year we're near the top of the table again and we're being consistent, I'll get a reward again," Kimmorley said.

"I think I only got in the side last year because we were consistently good every week."

Off contract at the end of this season, Kimmorley said the pressure is no different to the past 15 seasons.

"I don't think I feel like I'm under pressure because I'm off contract this year," he said. "I'm putting myself under pressure because we haven't won the first two games.

"But that hasn't changed the fact that the club and I will sit down in a month to talk.

"It's more about the fact that I just want to play good football again."

Today's clash pits Kimmorley up against young pup Pearce, who has started the season in rousing form with the Roosters.

And the old Dog can't wait.

"It's a big challenge, individually, because we've been a little bit off this week and playing against Mitchell, I think it's just a huge challenge," Kimmorley said.

"He's playing awesome. It's exciting to come up against a side that's red hot at the moment.

"These are the games we couldn't wait to play last year. You know what you're going to get from them, you know how good they're travelling.

"The feeling around training has been really excited.

"We never went back-to-back losses last year, so for a group of people that have only been together for 18 months this is the biggest challenge we've experienced as a football team.

"That's what this club has always been built upon - how you react under pressure and how tight we play as a football unit through hard times."

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please perform noddy.
We need to win big time.

On e we get the 1st win, confidence will just flow through the team naturally

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
just win the game god dam it. put those words into action for once guys

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only now that he is with us, that I realise all the the bullsh*t that noddy gets put on him. Being the senior member and halfback he does have an important role, but people see to blame/hate him so easily? I remember from years gone by all the slandering of the man and hating that could come so easily.
It's ridiculous!

Either way, I hope he lives up to what he said in the interview this afternoon. Going by last year, he is an important impact on our team and he has the power to bring us through. FIRE UP KIMMERS!

CB35

Waterboy
Reaction score
There are too many articles and quotes by bulldogs players this year. Rather than doing interviews every 5 minutes how about concentrate on winning games.

All the teams which have hype and articles about them every 5 minutes have performed **** such as Bulldogs, Parramatta and Souths.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like BK has realised he tried to run the last two games too much instead of letting Roberts and barba do the ball running and him just organise the guys I'm glad for it cause more ball to Roberts and Barba and our forwards doing their job will mean we will win without a doubt.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
**** you Mitchell Pearce!

Noddy > Roosters Side

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Noddy was much better than Pearce. He directed the play very well and allowed Roberts to have a much greater impact, especially in the first half. If he keeps this up he will be recalled for origin and end New South Wales' drought with ennis and morris alongside him

Status
Not open for further replies.