News Kieran Foran out for six months with shoulder reconstruction

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
probably makes the LM move more likely, and for next year I would guess

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope wakeham introduces himself to some protein shakes, mass gainers and creatine in the offseason.
We said the same thing about Thurston...
The rest is history :anguished:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know but Foran has done his shoulder.

What do you guys think? I know it's a bit from left field but has anyone thought of trying to medically retire him?

Just a thought?

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Also fuck the club and fuck the selectors who let him play for nz when this was going to be his best preseason in recent times

also fuck Shaun Johnson for being so shit that Foran was picked in the first place

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I lost all sympathy for the bloke when he decided at the end of his second $1M contract year, where he only played 14 games, to play in a rep game just one month out from walking in to a reported $1.2M contract year.
I bet privately the club is absolutely filthy
It's a good point. Who the FK allowed him to play in this rep game? I know it's his right by default to play, but someone from the club should have been putting some very fkn hard words on him and reminding him how much his contract is worth in 2020 and that his responsibility is to the Bulldogs first and foremost.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given that he's not contracted beyond the coming season I have no issues with him trying to get back on the field. It's not like we're missing the chance to sign too many players for the year ahead. The quality players are already locked up anyway. If the club gets salary cap dispensation for his injury like I've heard mentioned should happen it's possible we'll have the chance to sign someone early to mid season. For the first time in many years we actually have enough depth to cover for his absence. And it's almost good to know that our other halves options will have acquired more experience for 2021 when we'll have hopefully picked up some quality in weak positions in our roster.

The best thing the club can do is be supportive. It has to factor in the decision making process of potential new recruits when a club makes harsh decisions about injured players when they want to try working through things like an injury such as this. If I was tossing up my options about where I chose to invest limited years of my dream job, I'd judge any club that pushed out an injured player very negatively. We have a historical reputation of being a club that looks after our players. While money can factor heavily in the choices players make, security should also be part of the list of priorities for them. And pushing Foran out at a time when he reputedly doesn't want to go could be a factor in us becoming a poor option for others to sign here. It isn't ideal to have one of our few marquee players on the sidelines. But the club needs to make the right decisions about how we deal with the situation.
I understand and to an extent support what you are saying.
I have appreciated and even defended Foz, his skills and desire to get back on the park, but at some point it has to become untenable.
With the cap mess we have endured, it is really not fair on the club to have $1.2m constantly off the park.

We also don't want to come across where people with broken bodies to come and collect a paycheck from.

I would be happy if Foz and the cub could come to a happy agreement for him to join the coaching ranks like Inglis did

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s the only smart move to make.
Give Foran a coaching role .
I think this is a great idea while he's recovering but he's too fit to retire. He's got so much more to give on the field

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's like a very expensive Chase Stanley

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is no way Foran is going to retire with one year left on his contract. He will do the reconstruction and play the back half of the season, or at least until he gets injured again. Pretty pointless getting worked up about it. There is also very little chance he will get resigned.

What the club should be doing is making a lot of noise to the NRL about other clubs who are dodging the spirit of the salary cap by ditching players (some with years left on their contracts) who are at the back end of their careers and get an injury that requires a long lay off.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the fact that he will only miss about 10 week's of footy is enough for Foran to think he can have some input in the season. He is known to be a quick healer so he could return sooner.

This injury though could shatter his confidence in defence with teams running his way. Does Pay play him? This is a serious problem Pay will have to decide on. Does Pay play his million dollar man to earn his salary and risk weakening our defence or stick with our up and comers?

Many players (still contracted) have retired knowing their body can't handle it anymore but also being mindful that hanging around is holding back a young kid coming through. It's a tough decision for Foran to make. Get his $1.2 million or retire? Let's face it, you and I will stick around if there is no other option. This is where the club needs to come up with a deal best for both parties. It's ethically the best scenario for Foran and the club.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wtf this is the third shoulder injury I've heard he's had in 3 days.. He should rest it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This topic has been raised a lot already lol. Many threads, same outcome.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know but Foran has done his shoulder.

What do you guys think? I know it's a bit from left field but has anyone thought of trying to medically retire him?

Just a thought?
Say walla.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's a good point. Who the FK allowed him to play in this rep game? I know it's his right by default to play, but someone from the club should have been putting some very fkn hard words on him and reminding him how much his contract is worth in 2020 and that his responsibility is to the Bulldogs first and foremost.
Lack of strong Admin leadership?

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone is going out and getting shoulder injuries its all the rage

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve been hearing Dean Pay is after Aiden Sezer. To fill Foran shoes.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m sick of hearing about this wanker medically retire him and get on with replacing him it’s better for the future .