Kick chase non-existent for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching closely this afternoons game V Roosters and it jogged my memory how diabolical our kick chase is and has been for a while now.

A kick is only as good as its chase. It can make any kicker look terrible if no one is chasing.

I cannot fathom how first grade footballers are not switched onto a kick when it's on.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you bud but we've had a kick and kicker missing for years lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No half back since Kimmorley. Part of the reason we flopped in the 2012 gf, when option A doesn't work we don't have smart halves to take control.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Totally agree. We have no kicking game. I thought Frawley would be a good addition but he has just joined the rest of them.
Lee kicking on tackle 2, fucking really. Just like Eastwood a few games ago.
We have nothing and Des's tactics are just horrible. I backed Des but I can't anymore after watch the utter shit I've seen this season.

We can't even defend like we used too

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're supposed to chase kicks?!? Damn it, why didn't someone tell Des?

Reactions: GDR

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My point here guys is that we could have JT and it would mean nothing if no one is interested in chasing it.

Like him or not, Tolman was repeatedly first man down or only one chasing through... honestly, it's ridiculous.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happened to contesting a bomb?

While I'm at it, what happened to contesting the tactical drop out??

Support play is also a lost art with this team.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plodders dont chase and unfortunately are te is full of them

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what game you were watching, didnt you see Tolman's comical chase all the way to dead ball line?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My point here guys is that we could have JT and it would mean nothing if no one is interested in chasing it.

Like him or not, Tolman was repeatedly first man down or only one chasing through... honestly, it's ridiculous.
True. Tolman may lack a bit in size but what he has he has as all heart. He just keeps going. There were a couple of kicks we didn't chase today and a few that no-one could get to due to where they went, but most of them we did. The chooks blockers just did a better job than our attackers did. Now there is probably a reasonable argument that the height wasn't enough or the length was too much for our chasers but we were trying, particularly the Mozzes and Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.