Kevin Moore under pressure to keep job - Article (Pg 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Why dont we sack Moore now you ask ?

Because we learned our lesson from Folkes's exit, and we're not a bunch of reactionary butthurts like other clubs are !

And quite frankly, I like that about the Bulldogs.

Why doesn't coach Moore show emotion you ask ?

It's not his style. He's not that guy. - He's been in the club since he was crawling and has seen dozens of coaches come'n'go (across all grades). Yelling, screaming, busting doors down and publicly flaming players isn't his go - He's figured that much out for himself and decided to be more like Bennett ... composed, guarded, pro-active rather than reactive.

And quite frankly ... I like that in my coach.

How do you explain our recent form then you ask ?

It's the players playing individually - It's the injuries - It's executions - It's the training disruptions.
It's a million small things, but it is NOT just the fault of K.Moore.

I want the players to work through it ... TOGETHER !
I want them to decide "F*cking enough".
Bennett has instilled an attitude at Saints where they "do it for each other, and dont wanna let team mates down".
We're playing like we've never even considered that ideaology.

Removing the coach is a knee-jerk reaction to a series of temporary problems.
It could destabilise the team more !

And while I dont like how we've played, and I'm feeling for our fans, the fact remains we are only half way through the year.

The players can still turn it around ... if THEY want to !

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Why dont we sack Moore now you ask ?

Because we learned our lesson from Folkes's exit, and we're not a bunch of reactionary butthurts like other clubs are !

And quite frankly, I like that about the Bulldogs.

Why doesn't coach Moore show emotion you ask ?

It's not his style. He's not that guy. - He's been in the club since he was crawling and has seen dozens of coaches come'n'go (across all grades). Yelling, screaming, busting doors down and publicly flaming players isn't his go - He's figured that much out for himself and decided to be more like Bennett ... composed, guarded, pro-active rather than reactive.

And quite frankly ... I like that in my coach.

How do you explain our recent form then you ask ?

It's the players playing individually - It's the injuries - It's executions - It's the training disruptions.
It's a million small things, but it is NOT just the fault of K.Moore.

I want the players to work through it ... TOGETHER !
I want them to decide "F*cking enough".
Bennett has instilled an attitude at Saints where they "do it for each other, and dont wanna let team mates down".
We're playing like we've never even considered that ideaology.

Removing the coach is a knee-jerk reaction to a series of temporary problems.
It could destabilise the team more !

And while I dont like how we've played, and I'm feeling for our fans, the fact remains we are only half way through the year.

The players can still turn it around ... if THEY want to !
i agree that removing moore could do more harm then good to our team's morale...

I dont believe that removing moore at this stage is a good idea itself... who is the other decent coach that is available to take our team forward?

i guess that we need to let moore finish the season off then the board will review and evaluate his performance as coach at seasons end

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure I agree there CK.

Sure axing a coach mid season is not the best thing for player morale. But when player morale is noticably a low point because they can't win, and a emotionless coach lacks the empathy and know how to turn around player morale and get a team back on track, then it becomes a real issue.

When was the last time you saw a player huddle pregame in dressing room? When was the last time you saw our team come out of the tunnel primed and pumped and eager to play?

If a coach gets shafted mid season, yes the players take it as a bit of a morale hit, but they ALL want to play well to impress the new coach. Besides this, bringing a fresh face in before seasons end allows a bond to form before you enter a new season, thus the next new season your side should come out firing.

That's how I see it anyway.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're not going to sack Moore before the end of the season. Just not going to happen. We're not that club. Even if we do sign another coach for 2012 I doubt that any announcements would be made before the end of this campaign.

What I hope will happen is that Dymock will be given more responsibility and power as a coach so as to be on equal footing behind closed doors, and let Moore keep his head coach title to the media to keep the peace.

Clearly something has to change this season, and hopefully the board realises that no matter how much pressure Moore is under, I don't think he knows how to coach any other way, so no drastic changes to our structure will come under his individual guidance. But expecting the board to publicly terminate the son of the most influential man to have ever been associated with our club is ridiculous. A bridge too far.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great post CK, totally agree.

But i can't believe some of the over the top posts about sacking Moore. I will always stand by my club through good times and bad. I would never suggest to boycott games until a change is made. I have faith in the Board and Greenburg to make the necessary changes required to get us back on track. I would rather lose every year than boycott the team i love!! Yeah everyone is frustrated, Moore can't be the only one to blame. People say put in Dymock, does anyone know how much input he has already? Bring back Folkes, c'mon check out the sack Folkes threads when the team wasn't performing.

I'm not saying i know the answers, all i am saying is i will always support the Bulldogs, no matter what we go through!!

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i will always support the club

will i always support the coach, players, board or ceo if they are simply piss poor and doing that consistently? not a snowflake's chance in hell

i can cop a loss. i can cop a bad game once in a while, it happens to every club.

but if you're not even gonna show some ticker or any progress, week after week after week? **** off

after 12 of 13 rounds, all we are, is varying degrees of ****. ****ing fix it

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

will i always support the coach, players, board or ceo if they are simply piss poor and doing that consistently? not a snowflake's chance in hell

i can cop a loss. i can cop a bad game once in a while, it happens to every club.

but if you're not even gonna show some ticker or any progress, week after week after week? **** off

100% agree with you Vai

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, VAI. The club will always be here, but coaches, players etc won't. There's nothing wrong with pointing out what's not working.

G

Gladiator.

VAI I completely agree with you except that this problem has been on going since the back half of 2009. Club has had a blind eye towards it.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

100% agree...

I am a supporter of KM, I support the players. But what they delivered on the weekend is undefendable. You see I am not a sore loser, but it pisses me right off when I see players in the Blue and White with no heart.

From the warm up they looked very unenthusiastic, very bland, and simply just don’t want to be there.

The rubbish that was delivered on Saturday, brought shame to the proud jersey that was worn by heroes before these bunch.

I love loyalty, I support loyalty, but when loyalty doesn’t work, you need to look elsewhere. Yes KM is the head coach and the buck stops with him but for me few other people should be held accountable and few other heads need to roll, and roll quickly.

Grimaldi, Loved him as a player, but I am sorry he is just not cutting it as fitness and conditioning coach.

BK, you only need to look at our halves and see that it’s not working.

Dymock, one of my all time favourite at the dogs, I wanna see more of him, I wanna see him at the bench, shouting instructions.

Bobcat, he needs to fire up, he is the captain out there he needs to lift his game.

KM, I wanna ask one question of him. What would his father do if his team delivered a performance like we did?

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree...

I am a supporter of KM, I support the players. But what they delivered on the weekend is undefendable. You see I am not a sore loser, but it pisses me right off when I see players in the Blue and White with no heart.

From the warm up they looked very unenthusiastic, very bland, and simply just don’t want to be there.

The rubbish that was delivered on Saturday, brought shame to the proud jersey that was worn by heroes before these bunch.

I love loyalty, I support loyalty, but when loyalty doesn’t work, you need to look elsewhere. Yes KM is the head coach and the buck stops with him but for me few other people should be held accountable and few other heads need to roll, and roll quickly.

Grimaldi, Loved him as a player, but I am sorry he is just not cutting it as fitness and conditioning coach.

Dymock, one of my all time favourite at the dogs, I wanna see more of him, I wanna see him at the bench, shouting instructions.

Bobcat, he needs to fire up, he is the captain out there he needs to lift his game.

KM, I wanna ask one question of him. What would his father do if his team delivered a performance like we did?
Agreed, the performance was illdisciplined, illdirected, leaderless, insipid and gutless - Bullfrog would be turning in his grave !

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing I like about Stuart is his passion (in the bellamy, cartright, Elliot mold) They are emotional and react to every play. Moore sits there like he is at a funeral and might smile once or twice a game. That to me shows lack of intensity and the way we have been playing the last 2 seasons also shows a lack of intensity. Coincidence? I dont know, maybe but also maybe not.

The thing I dont like about Stuart is he has been sacked 2 times. So all his credentials must come under scrutiny (mind you he got sacked from the sharks and the roosters, neither can be heralded as a force in the comp). But with the talk of sticky ricky there has been media speculation that Stuart is contracted as a NSW coach for 2 years and there was a requirement that in that contract he not coach any other NRL team and focus only on origin? So there might be an issue with that. I would like to see Dymock get 3 months worth of first grade to see how he goes. Alot of hype about how much of a man manager he is and how much respect he gets (especially from the Polynesian community) and also lots of talk of a few players wanting to play under him. He would be a good option but how much of a difference can he make? He is deputy to Moore so you would think he has some input into the team?

Apart from that the quality in the coaching ranks is not great. Another option might be Adrian Lam? But there is no guarantee for success from him.
I think he coaches the dragons toyota cup side & if thats correct then i wouldn't go for him, i used to co coach one of the players (a couple of years ago 17s i think) & i was talking to this person & he says Lam is a sh1t coach.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
WE should have got W.Bennet when we had the chance

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% agree...

I think you're putting a bit too much emphasis on the effort, when it's quite obvious that our tactical approach and structure is severely lacking.

The enthusiasm will come when they are properly motivated and playing a style that suits them.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't agree, I think you can have all the structured plays in the world, you have all the tactical abilities in the world, but without enthusiasm and effort they wont work...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't agree, I think you can have all the structured plays in the world, you have all the tactical abilities in the world, but without enthusiasm and effort they wont work...
Well you've misunderstood my post then. I also said if we are playing the right game to suit our players, they are likely to be more enthusiastic.

I don't disagree that our players aren't enthusiastic, but I don't believe it's the predominate reason for how poor we are.

I'm not just talking about set plays, I'm talking about our attacking style and setup, our general approach, it doesn't suit our player group. It only makes it harder when you play a style that fits a certain philosophy rather than a style based on what suits what you have.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Moore Out ASAP!

I know there are other threads about this dud but I really think that being we are into round 14, Moore has to make way for the new coach ASAP so there might be a chance of actually making the top 8 and doing some damage in the finals. The longer the dud is coaching, the less time we will have to make the top 8.

PLUS

There is a crazy rumour that the reason why Idris wont play SOO is because Stuart is basically good as signed and didn't like the fact that Idris jumped ship for basically a kids tv show and is punishing him for it.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like the typical rumour. I can't believe that KM said that Manly were "red hot", as if that explains the result. He has, I think, moved permanently to that big river in Egypt - De Nile.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wanted him gone when he dropped Lafai, instead of proving me wrong, he just keeps strengthening my case that he is a dud and the only way he made coach is due to his last name.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hasler or Stuart would be my picks, enough of these in-house coaches, buy a real coach

Status
Not open for further replies.