Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
bit of the west tigers in us this week. i like it :grinning:

still sack tadpole :p

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
We have to go forward before we can throw the ball around. The last 2 weeks we have been way too slow and have been dominated around the rucks. Today we played much more direct (like all the quick scoots out of dummy half) and that opened things up for us to throw the ball around.
I realise that dude. In the last two weeks though, even when we did make decent metres, we showed absolutely no urgency to spread the ball or have a short interchange of passing.

This week, if we saw an opportunity - we exploited.

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I realise that dude. In the last two weeks though, even when we did make decent metres, we showed absolutely no urgency to spread the ball or have a short interchange of passing.

This week, if we saw an opportunity - we exploited.
Sorry man wasn't having a go at you was just pointing it out. We would be crazy not to go wide with guys like Roberts, Morris and Idris out there. Let's hope the win gives us the confidence to keep that gameplan going.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry man wasn't having a go at you was just pointing it out. We would be crazy not to go wide with guys like Roberts, Morris and Idris out there. Let's hope the win gives us the confidence to keep that gameplan going.

Haha, I wasn't firing dude - don't worry.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Got it all wrong again.

No defensive structure, little attacking structure, and brings our only chance (Barba) on when the game is already lost. What the hell is the point in that?

The team is obviously not performing. Once a couple of players come back, I want to see some shuffling around. We simply can't stick to the same line up and just HOPE they're gonna perform. Obviously what we have aint working. Starting Hickey? Yeah, did wonders for us didn't it...

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol second year syndrome for kevvy.....

he's got the same man-love folkesy has for small softcock forwards! I don;t know why that is.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
I have no idea why Hickey started. Armpit deserves a start after last week's performance.

Boys are lacking urgency and are being found out in the ruck area. Souths killed us with their quick play the balls, and domination in defence.

C

chipandchase

Got it all wrong again.

No defensive structure, little attacking structure, and brings our only chance (Barba) on when the game is already lost. What the hell is the point in that?

The team is obviously not performing. Once a couple of players come back, I want to see some shuffling around. We simply can't stick to the same line up and just HOPE they're gonna perform. Obviously what we have aint working. Starting Hickey? Yeah, did wonders for us didn't it...
we need some pace and youth in the forwards, need to bring in harrison immediately and Barba has to start. Hickey, hopefully last game of the year but hope he is ok of course:grinning:
Williams, got nothing, we need to find someone and very quickly.
Ryan is too slow and has to move to prop to enable us to bring in some quicker players around the ruck.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi Everyone im Kevin Moore
I would like to ask you all for your opinions.

As Hicky(fat, flat footed waste) is out for a few weeks (hopefuly)
i would like for u to chose who to take his place

Unfortunetly my FIRST and OBVIOUSE choice would be Brad Morrin, but yer he is suspended

looked like ill put Gorden starting forward next week and put blake green in the second row.
O i would if i was super super smart i would move idris out to wing and put tuner as centre because there is know way in hell that he will stop vatuvie but nar thats to much change to handle.

O AND PLEASE Dont Mention Barba starting or even coming in off the bench anf playing for more then 20 min when the game is already over
thats like NOT EVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Thanks all
K. Moore

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Got it all wrong again.

x2

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was 2009 a fluke for this bloke? It's starting to look that way....

We recruited very well last year and surprised many sides. But this year, with Eastwood gone, we lack grunt up front and other sides seem to be able to better our tactics... Noddy is a year older and now looks past his used-by date...

I don't know how much blame kevvy should take for the losses tho. if you go to the bulldogs player profiles... it's hardly an inspiring list. Especially in the forwards. So kevvy can only work with what he's got. and our forwards are at the small end of the scale. Backs look very good. But as last night shows... if you've got stagg and ryan getting owned every play, then there's not much the backs can do. But then again, we have a lot of injuries, so you can hardly blame kev for that. We desperately need paea back. Yileen is a great impact player from the bench - he's not a starter tho. Hannant goes hard. But the rest get bashed every run. I mean, getting g-wart and hodgo back is gonna do nothing. Just swapping two powder puffs for another two powder puffs. Feel sorry for green tho. that bloke should not be packing in the scrum - that is kevvy's fault for playing him there.

in short its hard to assess kevvy;s performance at this stage... its too early in the season and there are some injuries... but in seasons past the doggies have always been able to get the job done no matter who plays on the day.... so this aspect is worrying.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'll say this. We will NOT win on Friday with our defence. The Tigers will put a few tries on without a doubt.

We have to have more of an emphasis on our attacking game this week to have any chance of victory. The focus should be "score more points". Fullstop. Look for the boys to be throwing the ball around some.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
He needs to get more physical, slap the players in half-time if they're not performing, break a few doors if you lose.

Hype them up!

NuffSed

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shocking coaching performance today by Kevin Moore

I know we won but no thanks to Moore. Barba should've been on the field in the 20th min when we had them on the ropes. Andrew Ryan finally had a good game but like usual Ben Roberts was awful.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba is good, but he's 1 of 17 players buddy.......... we won so STFU and enjoy it

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
yeah we flogged the best attacking team in the competition, with no injuries. What a crap coach! peh you are an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.