Kevin Gordon's season over after ACL injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The NRL season is over for exciting Gold Coast flyer Kevin Gordon who ruptured his ACL against Melbourne at the weekend.

In a shattering blow for the promising 21-year-old, scans on Monday confirmed he'd suffered the season-ending knee injury trying to stop Melbourne winger Justin O'Neill from scoring in the 50th minute during the Storm's 40-12 romp at Skilled Park.

Gordon, who'll undergo a full knee reconstruction later this week, had played 51 consecutive games for the Titans.

"I was trying to stay positive until I got the scan and the doc said you have to get an operation," said a shattered Gordon.

"It's disappointing but I've got to take it as it is, an opportunity to focus on something else other than footy until 2012.

"I want to try and get involved in the community as much as possible and re-arrange my goals.

"It's not about what life gives you, it's what you do about it.

"I can't do anything about what's already happened so I've just got to get on with it and look to the future and do what I can outside of footy."

An electrifying runner, Gordon grabbed 12 tries last season, taking his career tally to 25 for the club.

Coffs Harbour-born Gordon made his debut against the Bulldogs in round three 2009, making an immediate impression with his speed and footwork.

Titans coach John Cartwright, who believed his young winger was on the brink of making his representative debut, will name a replacement on Tuesday for Friday night's derby clash with Brisbane at Skilled Park.

http://www.nrl.com/gordons-season-over-after-acl-injury/tabid/10874/newsid/61854/default.aspx

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I feel his pain. I've done my own ACL and its sucks big time. Can take up to 12 months to heal to get it right again and the rehab is very tedious and painful.

He sounds very positive though. Good luck to him. I hope he has a blinder when he returns!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Thank God it's not Michael Gordon otherwise I'd go ape...

Anyway, good luck to the bloke.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You almost gave me a heart attack! Put some bloody first names in your titles!! :P

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You almost gave me a heart attack too, put some bloody occupations in the titles!

Kevin Gordon is the name of the farmer who supplies my business, i need him healthy this farming season

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You almost gave me a heart attack too, put some bloody occupations in the titles!

Kevin Gordon is the name of the farmer who supplies my business, i need him healthy this farming season
Hahaha thats quality

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That really sucks for Kevin Gordon. I'm a huge fan of his, very good winger. He's got great pace and is a very good finisher.

Hope his surgery goes well and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
That really sucks for Kevin Gordon. I'm a huge fan of his, very good winger. He's got great pace and is a very good finisher.

Hope his surgery goes well and I wish him a speedy recovery.
:roflol: You kill me.....I was actually thinking to put this in my own post.

I too hope he has a speedy recovery, and that everything goes well for him in surgery.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
FML!

He's in my fantasy comp. I'm having an absolute shocker!!

Poor bloke will probably never be as fast as he is again too :(

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Unlucky for the kid, hope he makes a full recovery and comes back better then before.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
lmaoooooo im not making any more posts after this

Status
Not open for further replies.