KENT TELE :: The Bulldogs can put a lot of their success down the James Graham....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think being bridemaid and never the bride has made him even hungrier. Didnt he like play in 3 GFs in England for no wins, and also 1 here?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to buy into the Paul Kent hates the Dogs bandwagon, until I actually started reading ALL of his articles and watching NRL 360.

Paul Kent is a straight shooter plain and simple. He isn't a blanket hater of ANY team let alone ours, he just calls everything as he sees it. To be honest the world needs more journos like Paul Kent.

Great article.
Agreed. Kent is hated because he's an A-hole journalist. He targets players, clubs, etc and just rips into them. Often it looks like he's targeting the Bulldogs to make us look bad but he does it to every club. Most of his news is based on attacking flaws in the clubs and players and it's something people like to see. You don't want to just read articles that say "This is a nice club, I like this club"

Malla

Reaction score
I used to buy into the Paul Kent hates the Dogs bandwagon, until I actually started reading ALL of his articles and watching NRL 360.

Paul Kent is a straight shooter plain and simple. He isn't a blanket hater of ANY team let alone ours, he just calls everything as he sees it. To be honest the world needs more journos like Paul Kent.

Great article.
Yeah! NRL 360 helped improve Kent's perception a lot! He has no agendas. Journo's like Rebecca Wilson and Phil Rothfield have MASSIVE agendas but like you said, Kent just calls it as he see's it. I think working next to a bias idiot in Ikin has helped immensely too.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great article.
After his huge tirade against the bulldogs thinking we were hiding something with the barba saga despite the fact that barba's wife came out n said she asked bulldogs to keep it confidential .. I lost all respect for him as a Journalist .. Might not be as bad as the others but still an A-hole ..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kent was pissed about wife bashing. I think it is understandable.

Hating him forever over that is pretty silly. He is a good journo.

N

Natboy

It's funny how we are all different. If I see an article that is written by Paul Kent I don't read it anymore
This is coming from someone that reads papers from cover to cover ever day as well as numerous online outlets
He just doesn't interest me and I feel his articles are very boring, highly predictable and poorly written

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny how we are all different. If I see an article that is written by Paul Kent I don't read it anymore
This is coming from someone that reads papers from cover to cover ever day as well as numerous online outlets
He just doesn't interest me and I feel his articles are very boring, highly predictable and poorly written
The amount of journalists that are poor writers is astoundingly high.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
lol who's articles do you read then?

Imo Mascord is king, but saying Kent is a bad writer is taking the piss.

uk_bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think being bridemaid and never the bride has made him even hungrier. Didnt he like play in 3 GFs in England for no wins, and also 1 here?
he won the gf in 2006,but was in the losing side for the next few year, he won the man of steel award, and a few challenge cups aswell

N

Natboy

lol who's articles do you read then?

Imo Mascord is king, but saying Kent is a bad writer is taking the piss.
Fair enough mate but like I said we all see things differently. Paul Kent has zero respect with most people apart from his buddies like Hadley etc
Massoud is shocking. Rothfield CAN be a decent journo when he isn't writing biased crap which is all too common these days
Kent is a could have been who thinks he knows everything but a journo that writes exactly how they talk will always struggle imho

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great article.
I agree..
He also said goid things about the culture of Canterbury on NRL360 last night

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough mate but like I said we all see things differently. Paul Kent has zero respect with most people apart from his buddies like Hadley etc
Massoud is shocking. Rothfield CAN be a decent journo when he isn't writing biased crap which is all too common these days
Kent is a could have been who thinks he knows everything but a journo that writes exactly how they talk will always struggle imho
I like Kent but he's so straight forward that he writes how he talks and it can seem a little stupid. The reason he does it is for emotion value. You see Kent on TV getting angry about something then when you read his articles he wants you to imagine him saying these things out loud. It's a risky way of writing but that's column journalism for you.

The thing I like about Kent is that even though it's column journalism it doesn't definitively lie and make up facts. Like the Bulldogs thing, he didn't come out saying that this happened and that happened, he came out saying that he had good reason to believe the Bulldogs were hiding something, as oppose to column journalists like Weedler that can't tell the difference between suspect and fact.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree..
He also said goid things about the culture of Canterbury on NRL360 last night
That was actually pretty interesting. He said that the Bulldogs know how to win. He said we have a winning culture that was built into the walls by Bullfrog. He also said a lot about how good Des is for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.