Kennel Wisdom Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Ever have anything happen to you that just really, really sucked?

Something that has affected you for a long time negatively that was out of your control and did nothing to bring on yourself?

I have just come to the realisation today that I have been angry and stewing about something for a good while now. You know, the whole life's not fair and why did this happen to me !!

I want to accept that this is just part of life good things happen and bad things happen too and put it behind me. But how does one put things in the past and leave it there? What is your method?

Your thoughts please :grinning:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
first i think you should try some transcendental meditation, and then if that doesnt work then just choke out the person who is most responsible for the incident and then cover up the assault

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw dont tease

explain the incident to the kennel, which actually might help get things behind you

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
first i think you should try some transcendental meditation, and then if that doesnt work then just choke out the person who is most responsible for the incident and then cover up the assault
lol I like the second option but it does sound counter productive.

p.s. thanks for making me laugh, it's been a tough day :love:

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
it's a loooooooooooooong story but I am sure every one can relate to thinking this way about something that has happened to them!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it's a loooooooooooooong story but I am sure every one can relate to thinking this way about something that has happened to them!
yeah like in year 7 when the teacher was sexually abusing all the kids in my class, it took me until 2 years ago to get over it

she abused everyone in my class except me ffs

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
yeah like in year 7 when the teacher was sexually abusing all the kids in my class, it took me until 2 years ago to get over it

she abused everyone in my class except me ffs
I feel for you...

Ok, I will give you an example (this did not actually happen and I am making the situation more dramatic).

Let's say that you wanted to go out one day. You had the option of going to the movies or to the circus.

You went to the circus. The lion was having a mental that day and decided to attack you even though you did nothing to provoke the lion. He ate your arm. You no longer have an arm and that has a significant impact on your daily life.

Obviously you regret not going to the movies instead (as you would still have an arm) but what helps you to stop thinking about how different your circumstances would be if you went to the movies. How do you find peace with it?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I feel for you...

Ok, I will give you an example (this did not actually happen and I am making the situation more dramatic).

Let's say that you wanted to go out one day. You had the option of going to the movies or to the circus.

You went to the circus. The lion was having a mental that day and decided to attack you even though you did nothing to provoke the lion. He ate your arm. You no longer have an arm and that has a significant impact on your daily life.

Obviously you regret not going to the movies instead (as you would still have an arm) but what helps you to stop thinking about how different your circumstances would be if you went to the movies. How do you find peace with it?
this is like that sliding doors movie

this happens to me in gambling, for example a horse not timing his head stride or not having a longer nose or me being a retard in not tipping blackburn which would have completed an 8 leg $1500 parlay last weekend

the anger in that case is not logical because you are basically angry that you dont have psychic ability

as for how to stop thinking about it, i suggest sex first with Rodzilla and then sex with either the Moe, Magazine or Slippery

sex with Rodzilla to get over the incident and give you something new to think about, and sex with Moe/Magazine/Slippery to get over the sex with Rodzilla and be finally cured

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
this is like that sliding doors movie

this happens to me in gambling, for example a horse not timing his head stride or not having a longer nose or me being a retard in not tipping blackburn which would have completed an 8 leg $1500 parlay last weekend

the anger in that case is not logical because you are basically angry that you dont have psychic ability

as for how to stop thinking about it, i suggest sex first with Rodzilla and then sex with either the Moe, Magazine or Slippery

sex with Rodzilla to get over the incident and give you something new to think about, and sex with Moe/Magazine/Slippery to get over the sex with Rodzilla and be finally cured
Hmmmm, I like your point that the anger is focused on something that could not have been foreseen.

I just think that it is easier said than done to 'let go' is all.

btw I think in the real world Rod does not struggle to get some as much as he makes out on TK - It just adds to your funny TK character.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you've crossed the biggest hurdle by realizing it can't be changed and knowing you are stewing over things. I've had a few things happen in my life that still make me angry whenever i think about them but just think about the fact that while you are stewing about the past you'll approach good things in a negative state of mind. Life is one long learning experience and the biggest negatives you face in your life will give you more perspective. Having experienced bad times should allow you to enjoy the good times more.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I like your point that the anger is focused on something that could not have been foreseen.

I just think that it is easier said than done to 'let go' is all.

btw I think in the real world Rod does not struggle to get some as much as he makes out on TK - It just adds to your funny TK character.
well if it is something to not be foreseen then you shouldnt have any regrets, but if you busted your head open surfing above a reef then you should be making this type of thread

is this a physical or mental injury btw? i imagine a mental injury is easier to get over because it is all in your head, its easier to distract yourself with things like parties, putting $500 on a darts game and uno, where as physical injury might be harder to ignore

as for real world roddy struggling to get the vagina entry permission, sadly it is true but i do overstate the effort i put into trying

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I think you've crossed the biggest hurdle by realizing it can't be changed and knowing you are stewing over things. I've had a few things happen in my life that still make me angry whenever i think about them but just think about the fact that while you are stewing about the past you'll approach good things in a negative state of mind. Life is one long learning experience and the biggest negatives you face in your life will give you more perspective. Having experienced bad times should allow you to enjoy the good times more.
Thanks Alan, it's reassuring to know that it is natural to be angry about things and that feeling may never pass should the event cross your mind. But naturally, as time goes on you think less and less about such circumstances.

I think that is very true about dwelling keeps you from enjoying what is in front of you!

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
well if it is something to not be foreseen then you shouldnt have any regrets, but if you busted your head open surfing above a reef then you should be making this type of thread

is this a physical or mental injury btw? i imagine a mental injury is easier to get over because it is all in your head, its easier to distract yourself with things like parties, putting $500 on a darts game and uno, where as physical injury might be harder to ignore

as for real world roddy struggling to get the vagina entry permission, sadly it is true but i do overstate the effort i put into trying
physical, emotional, financial - you name it!

tbh it's not that bad, it just pops in to my head every now and then and I see RED.

lol this thread has turned in to a therapy session :S

I just thought that others would be able to easily relate and share their experiences.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for you...

Let me introduce you to a thing called destiny. It sounds like you are having trouble accepting that some things that happen in your life happen for a reason.

Whether you want to accept that or not is up to you, but for people who choose to accept it - life becomes much easier to understand.

Try looking at it through the perspective that this was MEANT to happen. If it's not Karma (which you are certain isn't), then it's definitely something which is supposed to make you all the better for it. Try looking at how different you may have looked at life before this event happened. Maybe without this happening, you may have been a spoilt person who took everything for granted.

Using your example, the person who lost an arm would realise how much their limbs mean to them, and cherish their other arm even more, their legs, the fact they are still alive.

It's about looking at life as one big picture, and realising that your situation is so minute compared to some of the things going on in the world. Hope this helps.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using your example, the person who lost an arm would realise how much their limbs mean to them, and cherish their other arm even more, their legs, the fact they are still alive.
This made me lol.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if there is a solution, there is no cause for concern or anger

if there is no solution, concern and anger will do nothing

focus on how you will deal with that situation better when it next arises and then maintain focus on who and where you want to be in your life.

remove whatever it is that angers you with whatever it is that resembles your progress in your life.

don't complain, don't explain. just get focused and get it done and don't become idle

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've made a lot of choices in my life that I regret.

If I had made choice (a) instead of choice (b), I might have a better job, or be in better health, or be married with kids etc etc etc.

But the reality is that I didn't and those choices are in the past. My current life has been shaped by my choices, but I can't go back and change them.

Dwelling on things I can't change doesn't benefit me. It just makes me stressed and unhappy, especially given I can't know for sure what the results of going with choice (a) would have ultimately been.

So I can only focus on today and the future, and use my past mistakes as guides.

And as Blaqdog very wisely said, maybe the choices I regret making were actually set in stone and going to happen no matter what. Maybe fate has just guided me down this path, because this path is the one that is pre-ordained for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.