Keep/Sell/Buy

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith

15 players off contract

Keep - Meaney, Okunbor, Chris Smith, Atoni - all depth signings. No contracts upgraded in value.

Sell - JMK, Britt, Crichton, Hoppa, Katoa X 2, Lewis, Napa, Ogden, Ava, Roumanos.

Buy - JAC, Burton, William Kennedy, Tanah Boyd, Mark Nicholls, Leeson Ah Mau/Bunty Afoa, Jake Granville, Talakai, Fletcher Baker, Billy Britain

We have already bought JAC and Burton for 22. I've tried to come up with players on similar value contracts, some less/more than what we are replacing. We probably don't have enough for a top end type player as we basically flipped hoppa/napa into Burton/JAC.
Realistically players off contract such as Rudolph, Capewell, Coates, Nathan Brown, Sua aren't coming to us unless it's for overs which we can't afford for 22 if we.dont want to create a cap hole.

As I said Hoppa/napa flip to JAC/Burton.

S.Katoa > Naden
T. Katoa + Crichton > Kennedy
Ogden > Nicholls
Britt > Talakai
Lewis > Granville
Ava > Afoa/ Ah Mau
Ramanous > T. Boyd

I believe the players replacing those above offer better value than what we have and are realistic targets. We have to balance the cap and factor in who we already have. Potential lineup could look like

1.Kennedy
2.JAC
3. Allan
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Granville
10. Hetherington
11. Elliott
12. Talakai
13. Jackson

14. Avo
15. Nicholls
16. Topine
17. RFM (middle forward or push Elliot into middle)

Depth

DWZ (needs to be shopped around can't fit him in the team with JAC coming in)
Ah Mau
Boyd
Meaney
Atoni
Smith
Waddell
Stimson
Okunbor
Wakeham
Shoupp
Doorey
Deitz

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Keep - Atoni, JMK, Meaney, Ogden, Okunbor

Get Rid - Britt, Crichton, Hopoate, S. Katoa, T. Katoa, Lewis, Napa, Roumanos, Seumanufagai, C. Smith*

*C. Smith underrated but too many second rowers in the top 30.

Promote - Alamoti, Deitz, Manu, Schoupp

I don't really care if we get rid of someone on my keep list, we just need to replace them for someone better for the similar amount of money.

Buy - JAC, Burton, B. Smith, Rudolf, Naden

1. Meaney - Allan
2. JAC - Okunbor
3. Cotric - Schoupp
4. Naden - Alamoti
5. DWZ - Manu
6. Burton - Averillo
7. Flanagan - Wakeham
8. Thompson - Ogden
9. B. Smith - Deitz
10. Rudolf - ?
11. Elliott - Doorey
12. RFM - Waddell
13. Jackson - Stimson

14. JMK
15. Atoni
16. Hetherington
17. Topine

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a shit thread, once some of these players start turning things around you will all change your minds. I think this should wait til after round 15. Sick of seeing the same thread time and time again.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta keep Antoni , that’s for sure.. !!

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a shit thread, once some of these players start turning things around you will all change your minds. I think this should wait til after round 15. Sick of seeing the same thread time and time again.
Well considering you can or could (not sure if they've changed it) sign players so far in advance such as Nov 1 2020 for 2022 you don't really have the luxury of waiting around. I named players OFF contract so that would indicate we've seen more than a handful of games from the players mentioned. If I was saying get rid of Flanagan, sack Barrett or any of the other crap I've seen on here I would cop it. But can you sit there and tell me you would re-sign Katoa, hoppa, napa if they play what 5 decent games by round 15?? Smells a bit like Lichaa when he played 3 good games after 3 years of nothing and got re-signed for 2 years. If you look at the players i'd let go I don't think many would disagree that they haven't performed and a purple patch of form wouldn't change my opinion.

I agree with what you say about people changing their opinions very quickly about certain players but if you did your due diligence you wouldn't find me doing that.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think we need to make a play at Matterson, ofg Contract after this year (with a PO). Our forward pack needs bolstering badly. Wold also go for L. Leilua for 2023.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we need to make a play at Matterson, ofg Contract after this year (with a PO). Our forward pack needs bolstering badly. Wold also go for L. Leilua for 2023.
His interview on Bloke in a Bar was very impressive and he's a quality second rower but I'm not sure it's wise to spend that much on a second rower when we're already stacked there (~7 second rowers already in the top 30 for next year) and we need a hooker, prop and centre (Schoupp and Alamoti currently only genuine centres in our top 30 next year assuming they're promoted and they're both inexperienced) beforehand.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lost me at leeson and Granville
I never said to sign either for a 4yr deal, 1yr deals. We do need some older heads in the squad, every team does. You have too many young guys and move on the experience you end up like the Broncos, who on paper look like a strong side but don't have enough experience around them, more so last year.
I'd rather have an experienced premiership winning hooker in the squad for a season, to teach the young guys a thing or two. If you look at what is available at hooker for 2022 it's not much.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
His interview on Bloke in a Bar was very impressive and he's a quality second rower but I'm not sure it's wise to spend that much on a second rower when we're already stacked there (~7 second rowers already in the top 30 for next year) and we need a hooker, prop and centre (Schoupp and Alamoti currently only genuine centres in our top 30 next year assuming they're promoted and they're both inexperienced) beforehand.
A number of those guys are off contract and the rest, including Elliot and Jackson are grinders who would have been fine pre 6 again. In the new game after a top 1, 9 and 6 or 7 a tackling busting 2nd rower is the most important, think Fifita/Kikau. None of our guys are in that mould. Players like that are hard to find, Matterson has baggage/issues, but could be gettable for next year and we are desperate. Worried about his concussion history that would be a potential stumbling block.