Kearney realises what we did months ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That Chris Sandow and Roberts as a halves combination WILL NOT WORK...

from NRL.COM

Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney appears to be fed up with the inconsistent displays from his expensive halfback Chris Sandow after watching his side fall 14-6 to Newcastle in a dreadful NRL clash at Hunter Stadium.

The loss keeps Parramatta at the bottom of the table and Kearney was in no mood to give an assessment of South Sydney recruit Sandow's performance on Sunday.

"Bad time to ask me," Kearney said.

When asked if he wasn't happy with Sandow's performance he said again: "Bad time to ask me."

The Eels had plenty of chances in the match but for the most part they looked flat in attack aside from the odd decent play from five-eighth Ben Roberts who tried his best to spark the team, particularly in the second half.

"I don't think Wayne (Bennett) would be real happy but he would be happier than me," Kearney said.

"I thought we gave ourselves enough opportunities in that second half on their tryline but we just couldn't come up with that killer blow.

"I don't mind getting beat but I don't like us beating ourselves which I thought we did today."

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't help that Michael Keating is the worst starting hooker in the comp.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
sandow is way too inconsistent....on his day he can really play well but those type of games for him are few and far between imo

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sandow is way too inconsistent....on his day he can really play well but those type of games for him are few and far between imo
I hope we get our Half back playing again before we play the Slimy Eels, or we could play Sandow back into form!!!

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They started 'beating themselvrs' when they thought Sandow was worth 500k a year.

Malla

Reaction score
They started 'beating themselvrs' when they thought Sandow was worth 500k a year.
So right. It's comical though if Kearney pushed for the signing of Sandow .. sort of knew what he was getting himself into if he did. Roberts has been playing outstanding and is developing combinations with Hayne and Maitua ... it's just Sandow and the fact he needs to start steering his forwards around the park, rather than pushing for that hail mary play all the time...

P

Paint.

Doesn't help that Michael Keating is the worst starting hooker in the comp.
Yes, Michael Keating is shocking.

&&Note that Ben Roberts has been Parra's best player this year, and we have halves problems...

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes, Michael Keating is shocking.

&&Note that Ben Roberts has been Parra's best player this year, and we have halves problems...
Also note that we are having halves problems and running 3rd with 4 from 6, Roberts their best player and running last with 1 from 6

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Sandow has a red n green jersey, he will play brlow average...
He can only play for his Redfern braz as thats where his heart belongs too..

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
My only memory of Ben Roberts this year was a cut-out pass that landed in row D of the grandstand.

That being said, I'll admit my memory is biased and selective now he that he wears yellow.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
I thought Roberts would flop at Parra but he's playing the most consistly hes played in years.

Parra would probably be better off with;

6. R. Maitua
7. B. Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.