Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

charbel

D0M:N8R
Reaction score
Star Broncos at the centre of police investigation

THREE high-profile Brisbane Broncos players are at the centre of a police investigation into an alleged sex scandal that has thrown the NRL finals series into chaos.

Broncos and Queensland State of Origin stars Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday were allegedly named by a 24-year-old woman in a sexual assault complaint made to police on Saturday night.

The three were allegedly engaged in sexual acts with the woman in the toilet of a Brisbane nightclub and she complained to police after one of the players allegedly began filming with a mobile phone.

The revelations sent shockwaves through the NRL yesterday, with betting on the finals series suspended while police sifted through the allegations.

The sordid antics allegedly occurred in the toilet of the Alhambra Lounge nightclub in Fortitude Valley after Broncos players embarked on a drinking session to celebrate their victory over the Sydney Roosters the previous night.

Sources told The Daily Telegraph the three engaged in oral sex with a woman in the men's toilets of the Alhambra Lounge after a day of drinking at the Story Bridge Hotel. Two of the players are then alleged to have had sexual intercourse with the woman while the third recorded the acts on a mobile phone camera.

Police said they received a complaint from the woman on Saturday night which was followed up on Sunday with a written statement from the woman alleging she had been raped.

Detective acting Superintendent Tony Duncan said police were "trying to piece together the whole circumstances" surrounding the incident.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen confirmed three of his players had been interviewed by police yesterday.

"As soon as the Broncos were made aware of the allegations, an internal investigation team was formed," he said.

The NRL had been on track for a bumper second finals weekend, kicking off with the Broncos' showdown with title favourites Melbourne on Saturday night.

Police are understood to be angry that details of the investigation were leaked.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
for the boys sake i hope the woman is lying.
if not then they need 2 be suspended. NOW.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll wait until the picture is clear before I crucify them.

Coffs Harbour anyone?

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
I don't really understand the law but if the paper is correct they are in trouble for filming the act, not the act itself?

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
for the boys sake i hope the woman is lying.
if not then they need 2 be suspended. NOW.
Agree 100%

That is all.

And in regards to the Law if she consented to engange in the acts then that is not assult, however if she did not agree for them to be filmed then that is a seperate issue.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty graphic account of what happened. Really this should not have been leaked to the media. If they have done it it is poor form but As others have said us dogs fans should know what its like to be crucified before something is confirmed and the damage it can do to someones reputation.

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
She has them over a barrel. If she consented to the act and not the filming of it (most likely scenario) then they will need to use the phone footage to prove she wasn't raped. Then she has them recording her in a provocative nature without written consent. What a sticky situation (haha) they are in.

Last edited by a moderator:

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the NRL is to be consistent then these players should be stood down while this is investigated. Much like Greg Bird.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Burn them!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, if all they did was try and film it than everyone should get over it

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where have all the forum cops gone?

"Don't mention names or this place is gone" "I'm an e-cop, I have the e-power to e-close this forum down"

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
She has them over a barrel. If she consented to the act and not the filming of it (most likely scenario) then they will need to use the phone footage to prove she wasn't raped. Then she has them recording her in a provocative nature without written consent. What a sticky situation (haha) they are in.
I agree, so what a situation they have on thier hands (no pun intended) this is a terrible situation concidering the Broncos are playing in a HUGE final against Melbourne. They (Melbourne) will be secretly laughing to themselves.

I cant believe this was leaked to the media days before a game like this, I suppose though this is one of the first times that the players who were involved have been named and shamed.

The NRL need to take some sort of action and stand them all down pending investigations as they have already set a precint with Todd Carney and Greg Bird. Todd was de- registered for a far less offence, so what is the NRL going to do about this one?

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
Burn them!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, if all they did was try and film it than everyone should get over it
Filming someone in a vulnerable situation without their consent is not to be taken lightly. Especially when it's done by people who have a 'high profile' in the community.

K

KL

Filming someone in a vulnerable situation without their consent is not to be taken lightly. Especially when it's done by people who have a 'high profile' in the community.
do you have a link to the video?

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
I agree, so what a situation they have on thier hands (no pun intended) this is a terrible situation concidering the Broncos are playing in a HUGE final against Melbourne. They (Melbourne) will be secretly laughing to themselves.

I cant believe this was leaked to the media days before a game like this, I suppose though this is one of the first times that the players who were involved have been named and shamed.

The NRL need to take some sort of action and stand them all down pending investigations as they have already set a precint with Todd Carney and Greg Bird. Todd was de- registered for a far less offence, so what is the NRL going to do about this one?

To be honest, no matter the outcome, I think the damage has been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.